Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout: New Vegas

Anyone playing it yet or thinking of buying it?

I picked up my reserved copy today and started on it. Right off the bat I think its quite safe to say it won't be a let down. Those people that liked fallout 3 will find they'll get right back into that same groove except in a new massive map, new weapons, quests and lots of little goodies on the side that weren't available to do/have in the last game. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks behind my 360 controller .

Apparently MS has purchased exclusive rights to the DLC for the xbox, at least for a while. I might leave it until they've patched it a few times.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Apparently MS has purchased exclusive rights to the DLC for the xbox, at least for a while. I might leave it until they've patched it a few times.
    I was debating which would be better, but for PS3 there was a lot of lagging and freezing on my original Fallout 3, so I was hoping xbox got it right.
    Do you think there will be quite a few glitches initially? Even if that's the case, there's just no way I could have waited any longer for them to bring out a near flawless final edition with all DLC included. Its that much fun.

I am going to wait, not because of the game might suck, just that for Fallout 3(PC), I bought it on the first day, then when all the DLC come out I had to buy them, only then to have them put out the "Game of the year" version including all the DLC. I am just going to wait til the extra comes out and buy the complete version. Its a Single player game anyway, I can play at my leisure...

besides, currently working on Mass Effect 2 on PC...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    any good?

Compare to Fallout 3, its "smaller". Since its not exactly openworld sandbox type game. But its big, the combat system works well and the graphics is very polished. I am not a traditional RPG type of guy so the more action oriented title like Fallout and Mass Effect appeals to me. I just finished Mass Effect 1(I think I ended up with ~28-30 hours total, with probably still more quest left), I think the sequel is probably at least as big as ME1. Its also nice you can import your character over to the sequel so all the action you did continues onto the 2nd game.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I am going to wait, not because of the game might suck, just that for Fallout 3(PC), I bought it on the first day, then when all the DLC come out I had to buy them, only then to have them put out the "Game of the year" version including all the DLC. I am just going to wait til the extra comes out and buy the complete version. Its a Single player game anyway, I can play at my leisure...

THIS.

Learnt my lesson with Mafia II paying pull price for pre-order and the DLC packs are extras. Now theyre dirt cheap 2 months on.

I can wait.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    there's just no way I could have waited any longer for them to bring out a near flawless final edition with all DLC included. Its that much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I might leave it until they've patched it a few times.
    This is being a bit optimistic. Neither Fallout 3 or TES: Oblivion which ran the same software ever got patched for the consoles. And the so-called "near flawless final edition", the GOTY (which I had for both games on PS3), were just as bag. In fact, FO3's GOTY PS3 was the worst of the bunch, and eventually became unplayable for me.
    What did happen is that users made all kinds of fixes to patch all these bugs on PC. I've pre-ordered the PS3 version, but since hearing about the bugs, I might pirate the PC version as well, and actually play that.

Either way though, I can't wait to play it...
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    This is being a bit optimistic. Neither Fallout 3 or TES: Oblivion which ran the same software ever got patched for the consoles. And the so-called "near flawless final edition", the GOTY (which I had for both games on PS3), were just as bag. In fact, FO3's GOTY PS3 was the worst of the bunch, and eventually became unplayable for me.
    What did happen is that users made all kinds of fixes to patch all these bugs on PC. I've pre-ordered the PS3 version, but since hearing about the bugs, I might pirate the PC version as well, and actually play that.

Either way though, I can't wait to play it...
    I'm a PC.

Either way, don't expect official patches and flawless GOTY editions. Enjoy your user-made content =[
    All about the t-tops

I'm not expecting flawlessness, just fewer game-breaking bugs.

I didn't like Fallout 3, but if this becomes cheap enough eventually, I may pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I didn't like Fallout 3, but if this becomes cheap enough eventually, I may pick it up.
    When I first got FO3 on its release date, I hated it too, but only because I sucked at it. Turned out I hadn't taken the time to actually learn how to play the game properly. VATS and fast travel among other things greatly improved my experience onward lol . I just love that gritty texture of the post apocalyptic landscape and all the crazy things that call it home. Awesome game.

The cons of fallout 3 far outweighed the pros. Don't know if I'll look at this one.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    The cons of fallout 3 far outweighed the pros. Don't know if I'll look at this one.
    for PS3 I can't think of many other than the obvious lag/freezing and perhaps a few graphics glitches. I dunno, I felt it was pretty acceptable considering how good the rest of the game was.

Why was your experience so poor?

Thread Information