Thread: Popular Philippine asian utility vehicles AUV

Popular Philippine asian utility vehicles AUV

in south east asia like the Philippines, the popularity asian utility vehicle rose during the mid-nineties as a crossover between a mini van and sport utility vehicle.

ISUZU CROSSWIND

Model : Crosswind
    Year : 2006
    Type : AUV
    Transmission : Automatic
    Fuel : Diesel
    capacity 10 seater

The crosswind is popular among carnappers in Metro manila. it ranked as the no. 1 most carnapped vehicle for several years.

MISTUBISHI ADVENTURE

Your family will love the Adventure Super Sport's refined, car-like cabin. Settle down into comfortable new Leather seats with arm rest and Cupholders, surround yourself with the elegance of titanium Finished panel and enjoy the sounds of a 6-speaker stereo with in-dash CD player, the only one in its class.

downside, it's gas variant tends to be very thirsty in city driving and they haven't resolved the blind spot on the driver side.

YEAR 2007
    TYPE AUV
    TRANSMISSION manual and automatic
    fuel diesel and gasoline variants
    engine: the same one you find in a mitsubishi galant
    capacity 10 seater

TOYOT Revo

transmission automatic
    fuel gas/diesel
    2.0 litre
    capacity 10 seater

More popular as a poeple mover and used as public utility vehicles in Metro manila which is now competing against the old jeepneys The tamaraw Revo as more commonly known is one of toyota's best selling vehicle in the philippines

toyota innova

toyota decided a couple of years ago to finally replace the aging revo and they came out with this. not my favorite but for most filipinos, having a brand new family van brings a smile to the neighborhood.

2.5 DSL A/T
    2.5 DSL M/T
    2.0 GAS A/T
    2.0 GAS M/T

Dimensions & Weight
    Overall L x W x H 4555 x 1770 x 1755 4555 x 1770 x 1755 4555 x 1770 x 1755 4555 x 1770 x 1755
    Wheelbase 2750 2750 2750 2750
    Tread Front/Rear 1510 1510 1510 1510
    Min. Turning Radius 5.4 5.4 5.4 5.4
    Fuel Tank Capacity 55 55 55 55
    Seating Capacity 8 8 8 8
    Curb Weight 1645 1610 1580 1535

pictures presented respectively

isuzu crosswind
    mitsubishi adventure
    toyota revo
    toyota innova

Model 2KD-FTV 2KD-FTV 1TR-FE 1TR-FE
    Engine Technology Direct Injection Four-Stroke Common-Rail Diesel (D-4D) Direct Injection Four-Stroke Common-Rail Diesel (D-4D) Variable Valve Timing-Intelligent (VVT-i) Variable Valve Timing-Intelligent (VVT-i)
    Type 2.5 Liter Diesel, 4-Cylinder, In-line 16V, Double Overhead Camshaft (Turbo Charged) 2.5 Liter Diesel, 4-Cylinder, In-line 16V, Double Overhead Camshaft (Turbo Charged) 2.0 Liter Gas, 4-Cylinder, In-line 16V, Double Overhead Camshaft 2.0 Liter Gas, 4-Cylinder, In-line 16V, Double Overhead Camshaft
    Displacement 2494 2494 1998 1998
    Maximum Output PS/Rpm 102/3600 102/3600 136/5600 136/5600
    Maximum Torque Nm/Rpm A/T:260/1600-2400 A/T:260/1600-2400 4000 4000
    Bore and Stroke 92.0x93.8 92.0x93.8 86.0 x 86.0 86.0 x 86.0
    Compression Ratio 18.5:1 18.5:1 9.8:1 9.8:1
    Fuel System Direct Injection Common-Rail Direct Injection Common-Rail Electronic Fuel Injection Electronic Fuel Injection

Transmission and Chassis
    Transmission Type 4-Speed A/T Gate-Type with ECT 5-Speed Manual 4-Speed A/T Gate-Type with ECT 5-Speed Manual
    Suspension Front/Rear Independent, Coil Spring, Double Wishbone w/ Stabilizer Bar / 4-Link, Coil Spring Independent, Coil Spring, Double Wishbone w/ Stabilizer Bar / 4-Link, Coil Spring Independent, Coil Spring, Double Wishbone w/ Stabilizer Bar / 4-Link, Coil Spring Independent, Coil Spring, Double Wishbone w/ Stabilizer Bar / 4-Link, Coil Spring
    Brakes Front/Rear Ventilated Discs / Leading-Trailing Drum Ventilated Discs / Leading-Trailing Drum Ventilated Discs / Leading-Trailing Drum Ventilated Discs / Leading-Trailing Drum
    Steering System Rack and Pinion with Power Steering Rack and Pinion with Power Steering Rack and Pinion with Power Steering Rack and Pinion with Power Steering
    Tires and Wheels 205/65R156JJx15" Alloy with Center Cap 205/65R156JJx15" Alloy with Center Cap 205/65R156JJx15" Alloy with Center Cap 205/65R156JJx15" Alloy with Center Cap
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ugly, Ugly, Ugs in the ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster_raven View Post
    capacity 10 seater
    Laff.

Wats the point of this post?
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Wats the point of this post?
    Obviously to inform about which vehicles are used in The Phillipines. It appears that some unknown here cars drive around there.

Thanks for posting them, I always find it interesting to learn of other cars/cultures.

I've seen previous generation (I think) Crosswind and Adventure in pics before, and maybe Toyota Revo, but never seen an Innova, though the name is quite familiar to me...
    I've also read the test of Mitsubishi Freeca several years ago in our press.
    And I also should have pics of other AUVs in magazines...
    Are all of such cars AWD?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Obviously to inform about which vehicles are used in The Phillipines. It appears that some unknown here cars drive around there.

Thanks for posting them, I always find it interesting to learn of other cars/cultures.
    thanks for your comment. I do wish to simply share that these vehicles exist. of course i'm not suprised to some of the other comments and i will also admit that these cars may not be as stylish compared to most well known models found in very developed countries, but these are the vehicles that slowly putting countries such as the Philippines back in the world scene as they struggle for economic upliftment.

lancaster_raven, should such cars as Tonggong TG6494, TG6493 and Soueast 2000 Concept be considered AUV's?

P.S. I also met the MUV name for these rides - Multi Utility Vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    lancaster_raven, should such cars as Tonggong TG6494, TG6493 and Soueast 2000 Concept be considered AUV's?

P.S. I also met the MUV name for these rides - Multi Utility Vehicle.

i haven't honestly seen the ones you've mentioned but if you have pictures, i might be able to tell whether they are AUV's. However, in the Philippines. Asian Utility Vehicles are often defined as low priced Multi-purpose vehicles or crossover's between an SUV and a van. Among the popular known brands you see in my pics, there are many more small based companies both in and around Southeast Asia building such vehicles to suit the need of their countrymen. I shall post in this thread pictures of such vehicles in the near future.

p.s. please post some pictures of the vehicles you mention, i am very interested to see how they look.

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster_raven View Post
    i haven't honestly seen the ones you've mentioned but if you have pictures, i might be able to tell whether they are AUV's. However, in the Philippines. Asian Utility Vehicles are often defined as low priced Multi-purpose vehicles or crossover's between an SUV and a van. Among the popular known brands you see in my pics, there are many more small based companies both in and around Southeast Asia building such vehicles to suit the need of their countrymen. I shall post in this thread pictures of such vehicles in the near future.

p.s. please post some pictures of the vehicles you mention, i am very interested to see how they look.

many thanks
    I have small pics of them on paper, I have already managed to find them in the net, but failed. Will try more, if I'll get nothing, then I'll simply scan what I've got.

EDIT: Tonggong TG6494 - that's all the Internet could tell me.
    Last edited by faksta; 10-07-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Here are the scans.

#1 - Soueast 2000. From 2000 Peking Motor Show, never entered a production, IIRC.
    #2 - Tonggong TG6493 (SQ6450-type).
    #3 - Tonggong TG6494 (SQ6450Y-type).

Could you tell something about jeepneys, BTW? For example, are they all made by people themselves, or are they produced at the factories? If the second, then which factories are the most known etc. If it's not so hard for you...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by faksta; 10-13-2007 at 06:41 AM.

ey there! yes personally i would consider them as asian utility vehicles. In a recent conversation i had with a friend of mine in the land transport office here in Manila. he said that the classification for Asian utility vehicles are simply that it provides the proper needs of the motoring public in asia mostly in southaeast asia are nearby territories. although you shouldn't be surprised if you'd see one in Africa and other developing countries.

from the pics u posted it appears that the two latter vehicles are close similar to the isuzu Crosswind.

currently however, Toyota and mitsubishi have introduced several models that are meant to face out their line of asian utility vehicles as they are now more focused with small commercial vehicles.

many thanks

Thread Information