Thread: Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa

Been an early adopter and beta tester on this and the handling is excellent.
    Lots of missing bits , ep multiplayer

BUT, tomorrow they release the first laser scanned Nordschleife and am waiting for the download

To date the track isn't accurate in quite a few places and especially with some of the mid corner bumps in the notorious places. Am hoping this'll get them all.

Except, they've just gone and laid new road and new kerbs at Eschbach !
    Wonder if they will update it

So anyone else on AC ? My handle is Matra_et_Alpine
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm not in it, but all that I've read so far is that it is rather good.

Would it be worth a check? The last computer game I played was... Rally Trophy probably.

I'm not up to date with that...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Don't worry, I don't think you're as out of date as I am. I'm still running Windows XP at home.

That being said, I partitioned it and am running Linux Mint 16 on it, so it's far faster than it ever was.

To my credit, no one uses the computer except for me, and I'm never home.

I signed on with AC early on and at the moment am a little disapointed, but it will eventually come good, unlike RF2 (early subscriber as well) which is becoming more of a farce with each month.
    With the exception of the really bad selection of vehicles, Project Cars shows great style and seriously good dynamics, flawed by the ridiculous licensing demands from certain real life manufacturers and series promotors.
    I signed on three years (or more?) ago and have only one problem with the sim, a 'Ford Mk.IV' is NOT a 'Ford GT.40'.
    Who Dares Wins

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    That being said, I partitioned it and am running Linux Mint 16 on it, so it's far faster than it ever was.
    See, my problem is that I actually haven't understood anything from this sentence.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I've not tried Assetto yet, but I do have Project Cars. I don't have a place to set up my wheel though at the moment though so I've not been playing.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

The Nordschliefe release on AC is as good as it can ever get with the handling of the cars in that sim puts it way in the lead right now.
    It "suffers" that they don't produce cookie-cars or tracks, so very few very well worked cars with realistic handling and performance. Only a handful of tracks. So for those who seek the hundreds of cars mostly handling the same then console games like Forza etc will rule.
    iRacing is still the best for online but personally I think the AC modelling of grip slightly better, but it's more I think to do with what each person is comfortable with ( ie personal experience/preference ). So equally expect others to say iRacing or PCars is better.
    I can see where AC are heading with online and for racing friends it is excellent and we've not had much lag issues. BUT it lacks controls and stillleaves bad taste on its entry to online race system first realeased and not yet changed enough to be near the best.

rFactor 2 was a disaster sad as it previously had some of the best collections of modded cars and tracks. But it and GTL/GTR2 and iRacing and RBR all still have space and time on my setup As new kid on the block with realistic handling tho' AC is getting most of my attention.
    ( THe other thing in comparisons is be clear what level running at. I find AC "assists" quite false but for example GTL assists not so arcadeish. Run em with all off ( tho my current pedals getting tired so I do run minimum abs )
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-18-2015 at 05:10 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Forza's not too bad at differentiating the characteristics of the cars, but it's still meant to be 'accessible' for people, so it's pretty forgiving. The nice thing about that is that it means I can still race pretty well after a few beers. I tried that in GTL once, I was utterly hopeless.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

If this tops GTR2/GTL or RBR in terms of setup and modifications then I might give it a look see. But, I'm doubtful that there is anything coming out of the woodwork soon that will give the same perfect racing experience as the games mentioned above.

Kinda disappointing that the racing genre has become so stale. Forza/GT are just pandering far too much to a casual audience that it's completely missing the 'racing' element of their games.

GTR2/GTL and RBR are approaching 10 years pretty soon, and nothing I've played since has come anywhere near the quality of the racing experience I've had with those titles. I'm not sure if I should be disappointed in the lack of new titles, or if it's a testament to the longevity and quality of GTR2/GTL and RBR.

Try AC LTS, you'll be taken aback at how good the handling is and the tyre feel/interaction.
    Still a long way to be a polished sim, but they've got the most important part right first.
    Way better than GTR2.

Anyone still there? AC is currently my favorite simulator. I used to play a lot around 2000, was in some online groups playing GPL, IndyRace2 and etc, but today I dont race anymore, just play alone. I'm still part of a brazilian group I was one of the founders, but not racing. I just follow the races and talk to the people there. They have some amazing things like TeamTalk to talk to each other while racing, and an app that turns the cell into the car dashboard, fixed to the G27 wheel. And cockpits, and three screens... Its great! Actually these things were a main point that made me stop racing online. I never had a computer as fast, my graphic board wasnt ever as good, and this was a limitation putting me down. Besides, I learned to drive on the computer with keyboard. I dreamed about wheels and pedals, and now that I have them I like more to drive with the keyboard! (: Its crazy, I know...

I have a G25, but since then I haven't used it as much as I thought I would. I did play GPL with its many updates and GT Legends. But recently I just play tactical shooters.

GT Legends was sensacional! I loved the tracks... Riverside specially.

LOL I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 5 now, halfway thru. But my favorites are games like X-Com and Civilization. And some tower defense. And adventures, rpgs... oh, hell, everything (: How to find time to race? I had to practice a lot to be on shape for the GPL races. There is too much to do with my little time... (:

But my favorite activity is to build car models, next year it will be 20 years on this

Yes, for online racing its iRacing

But I like to drive alone, no pressure, no fixed hours (and no converting from my local time with these damned summer time changes to iRacing time)

Project Cars 2 is amazing too. Very realistic. Much harder than 1. I have to put my G25 back in action to be sure, but I liked it a lot.

Thread Information