Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: $20,000 USD snowball on ebay! 66 bids!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    the days of wars where we carpet bomb everything is over, especially in our position. imagine if instead of trying to be humanitarians to the people, we just killed them all, even though we just wanted to oust the leader. thats really f'n brilliant. we did not enter this wart to fight the people. this was not the situation we anticipated, but its the position we are in. I wish we (the military) got as much support as it is hyped we are. if GWB supported us the way he says he does, then everything would be kosher. but he doesnt. we are in the middle of a bad situation and our funding is getting cut. the navy is kicking thousands of sailors out of the military. all the while the army is activating reservists, and sending them to war, people in their 60s. this is a war that is being fought as clean as possible on the front lines, and dirty as hell on the homefront.
    theres really no fighting going on anymore, the leader is gone, and now we're just trying to restore order

by the way, i think your one of the only democrats in the military
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    how many people do you think died everyday in the civil war? thousands, and that was americans v. americans. this is really a very mild war if you think about it. what they dont show is the iraqi death toll, they make it seem the troops are getting demolished and knocked out left and right, the total american death toll is about 5-10,000, but the iraqi death toll is much, much higher, everything is blown out of proportion by the media
    media is always biased thats a part of life. its one of those necessary evils.

the civil war is nothing like this one. there was a reason for the civil war. had it not happened believe it or not our country would be in utter shambles. theres no reason for this one, only to feed george's schizophrenia.
    cmcpokey's right. this isnt comparable to other wars because, well, of unjustification.
    americans getting ripped to pieces and mollified by infidels. is that okay with you?

my porsche, as cmcpokey is about to tell u im sure, ur very wrong. there is still fighting
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    theres really no fighting going on anymore, the leader is gone, and now we're just trying to restore order

by the way, i think your one of the only democrats in the military

not the only one, most of us just cant get a word in edgewise....

and yes, there is fighting. more than you think, a lot more than you know.

and i am up for it if you want to start a new thread
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    media is always biased thats a part of life. its one of those necessary evils.

the civil war is nothing like this one. there was a reason for the civil war. had it not happened believe it or not our country would be in utter shambles. theres no reason for this one, only to feed george's schizophrenia.
    cmcpokey's right. this isnt comparable to other wars because, well, of unjustification.
    americans getting ripped to pieces and mollified by infidels. is that okay with you?
    or more like we wouldnt even have "a country". we may have 2 or something even crazier.

you cant compare those two wars. everything about the nature of war has changed since then.

i think someone needs to start a new thread right now so those who want to see the 20,000 dollar snowball dont have to sift through our rants and ravings

snowball effect anyone?

hhahahahah good one

and this is a 200 billion dollar snowball

at first i was like, how so???

then i realized you were talking about the perverbial snowball, not the actual one

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    and this is a 200 billion dollar snowball
    has it really been that much? that cant be right
    i thought he claimed to not be a big spender?
    flip flop hypocrite

the war? its costing a lot more than you can imagine, really its incredible and i wouldnt be surprised if its more than that

200 has been what has been publicised... we are spending waaaaaaaaay more. especially for the navy aspect of it. there is a huge naval presence there, as there has been for the last 2 decades. this cost hasnt been factored in to bush's figs. but then you also have to realize, we are not the only ones there. the aussies and brits are there in force too. so they are each spending gobs of money too.

just notices another hting bout the snowball. this guy has sold thousand of items and is a powerseller, which leads me to beleive he saw it was snowing, went outside and made a snowball so he oculd sell it to suckers on ebay. this just makes it a bit stupid i think. it was planned.

funny, part of it is oil for gasoline that we went in for (not the only thing but def has a factor) and its one of the things that realy drove up the cost of this war. gasoline has been a deciding factor in war. WWII anyone?

EDIT: people often dont think about the natural resources they take for granted when it comes to war. did you knwo there was an incredible strain on the US's RUBBER industry in WWII. rubber peices for ships and autos and planes caused the nation to go to extreme lengths to produce rubber, and lead to the invention of artificail rubber now used in tires and other modern rubber products. you wouldnt really think of rubber when you think of a war would you?

Thread Information