• rally

8 25.81%
  • track racing

16 51.61%
  • street racing

5 16.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wat do u like doin??

I never knew about tracks near my house until I started looking into it. There's a community college 20 miles away that has a small track, and there's always Brainerd Intl' Raceway an hour away as well. BIR is well known in the US for their drag strip, but they have a road course too. I would suggest asking your local SCCA/BMWCCA/quattro club/etc where they hold their events. You don't need to own/drive a bmw in order to go to their track days, and the instructors are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Welcome to UCP MinnesotaSTi
    Thanks! I posted my intro a little while ago in the user's car section:
    MinnesotaSTi's introduction
    patiently awaiting the release of Gran Turismo 4.........

I vote for rally.
    But don't forget ice racing. You can use anything for it, it's all skill (with sensible classification), it's cheap to get into (all you need is a running stick-shift junker and a set of snow tyres) and it's a combination of drifting, track racing and rallying.
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

interesting... never heard of it

What you do, is you find a large frozen lake which no-one owns and which is clear of fishermen and skaters (in Russia, they do it in the old Olympic rowing lake, which should give you an idea of the size). You lay out a track (your choice of layout) with traffic cones and old tyres. Then, you get the competitors. Typical car is an fwd car, running but scrap, with snow tyres. Light cars are good. Classification: One point each for fwd, special tyres, and engine over 3.5 litres (1.9 if turbo), 2 points for 4wd. So a Mitsubishi Evo on snow tyres would be the highest classification (4 points) and a Miata would be the lowest (0). Either have one class for each number of points, or one for less than 2, one for 2 or more. And go slow, the guy who goes fast, spins out.
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

Thread Information