Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Authorized Mechanixfetch Race Around The World

The Authorized Mechanixfetch Race Around The World

Ok for my glorious return we have a race around the world! and this is a Doozie, and sort of complicated. So this is how it works and we'll see who wants to play.
    You start with your car and $4500 CAD (it's CAD because I think in CAD) feel free to convert if you wish) the idea is to work out how long it takes to get to each destination that I set out driving at reasonable speeds for your car, filling up with gas, changing oil and doing all the nessacary upkeep for the KMs. All nighters can be pulled if needed but you can't drive more than 50 hours a week. Gas is a set price everywhere in the world as are oil changes, parts for your car are whatever they cost. I know this is really involved but I think it's a cool idea so let's see what intrest we get. if I fail horribly at least it was a cool idea. If you don't have a car you get a 1998 Honda Civic DX Coupe.
    Gas: 87 $0.82/L Oil: Regular $40
    89 $0.89/L Synthetic $80
    91 $0.96/L
    94 $1.04/L
    The Start point will be Vancouver. So sign on up entries end on monday January 31. I'll work out who is where and who finishes where every few days and points will be assigned for who finishes when. I know this hurts people like me with slower cars but I'll throw spped traps etc to slow the faster ones. I also will set up an email account to organize this so the post won't get insanely crowded. I'll update where people are regularly. But feel Free to sign up here in the format. User, Car, KMs ( I won't race so I can organize this)
    Racers
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Can I just use my mums Toyota Corona? Its better than a POS Civic

Fine just as long as your mom doesn't all of a sudden turn it in for a Viper, Enzo etc
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

ill play....is it basicly a bunch of calculations, a report, a story or is it a bit of everything?
    if spastic is using his mums corona... then can i use my cousins modded sil-eighty?
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

and with the money....can we use it to make more money? i.e invest it ect.
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

Use your own car or Parents I guess is allowable. No the money is all you get (smart ass) . Calculations Story report it's all there. you'll be going places and working out how far you go. interesting happenings IE mechanixfetch didn't change his oil for 20 000kms and has to spend $800 on a new engine will be put up. I'm going to try and keep this clean and organized.

w00t my mums Corona will NEVER break down!

Ok i'm in,

If you need em details..

Car: 1996 Toyota Corona 2.0l, 96kw, 4 door Saloon, 204,000km's.

Now, since I'm suddenly in Vancouver, I take Egg Nogs advice and buy some weed

Ok 4500Canadian is 5100NZ, so now i've spent 50 bucks on weed to get me through the race. I spend 300 dollars on supplies, (Food, water extra petrol, more oil etc).Also I spend 75 dollars on extremely high sugar energy drinks.
    Last edited by Spastik_Roach; 01-27-2005 at 02:16 AM.

ok so far
    1. Spastick Roach, Corona, 204 000km
    2. GTR Dreamer, Unknown

Okay. I think I get it. I'll tag along in my 1991 Rover Mini 1000. You might be laughing at it's 16 second 0-60 now, but rest assured my 43mpg will be paying dividends soon enough...

It's only done about 62,000 miles, half as many as many as Spastik's clapped out rice burner.

ok sure im in with my dads '00 BMW 740iL

S_R, how much is it for an eigth there? although if were going all around the world i may need a half or even an ounce although im guessing we would stop in england and its cheep there so ive heard.

EDIT: not sure how many miles right now. ill check later. but how does this work? how do you decide if someone is stopped by a speed trap? do we do our calcs for that leg of the race and turn em in and you put together where everyone is? i dont get it.
    Last edited by SPHFerrari; 01-27-2005 at 02:39 PM.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

and also, we should call the exchange rate what it is today and keep it the same so it doesnt change throughout the race, just to keep it more simple. so thats 1.2 CD to 1 USD to 4500 is 3750 USD.

and also, its not fair really to use those gas prices. is that what you pay in canada? i knew it was a lot in europe but damn. if my calc is right then thats like 3.40 for a gallon of 89. we dont live where gas prices are that high and probably would have cars with bad gas mileage if we did. please tell me i messed up the calc.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Wherever you go you in your race round the world you find out what the gas price is there I guess...

I dunno much about the price of weed, i'm just buying bulk

How about we use UK fuel prices?
    Currently between 76p and 88p a litre, an average of 82p a litre we'll say. Just to put that in to context:
    82p=
    $1.55 USD
    $1.91 CAD
    $1.99 AUD
    and €1.18 EUR

Bargain

lol bargain my ass here it's $0.82/L and that's expensive

Thread Information