Thread: Ultimatecarpage.com in the USA part 2

Ultimatecarpage.com in the USA part 2

After our Detroit Motorshow coverage of last month, we are now proud to present the second 'product' of our trip to the USA; the Cavallino Classic coverage: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...assic2005.html

Part 3 will conclude the trilogy and should be published in the next week or two; the inaugaral Palm Beach International, a Concours d'Elegance.

Enjoy !
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thanks alot wouter. Thanks for putting the effort in mate, and to all the other people who contributed
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Great Coverage Man! Oh and nice slide show

That provided some wonderful pictures, thank you, great update.

unlucky for this guy

Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    unlucky for this guy
    That's not even funny...
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 02-07-2005 at 06:34 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

indeed it is not funny... that is the 512 Scuderia Filipinetti car, it's one of one, a real one of a kind... sad to see the engine let go...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

sounds like the Jack Daniels Dragster. 2500HP with an unrestricted exhaust it is deafening. literally, its painful to be near without plugging your ears.
    The Datto will rage again...

Wow, I see that I missed quite a show...

Sorry Wouter, couldn't assist because I've been really busy with work and school.

Really nice pictures, thanks a lot to both you and Rob.

thanks, wouter!!! !!!

cool Enzos in the paddock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn
    indeed it is not funny... that is the 512 Scuderia Filipinetti car, it's one of one, a real one of a kind... sad to see the engine let go...
    Not really one of a kind, it started off as a standard 512S, and as so many others got aerodynamically modified to M-specs for the 1970 to give the cars a better chance against the 917's. The specific upgrade for this car though is unique, therefore it is normally referred to as the 512 M/F, F standing for Filipinetti.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

IIRC the 512 F's aerodynamic changes or improvements include the fitting of a Porsche 917 windscreen.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Imaj
    thanks, wouter!!! !!!

cool Enzos in the paddock!!!

it's not easy to tell in those photos but they are two different shades of red. The Enzo on the right was Rosso Corsa, and the left one is slightly lighter, which I believe is Rosso Scuderia, to match the F1 cars. From what I've heard, they changed the red colour of the F1 cars a few years ago just because of how the TV cameras were recording it.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

thanx for all ur hard work guys. u make UCP the great place that it is
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Thread Information