Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numbers game

Numbers game

With Ambrose being the champ now, hes got the chance to take the number 1 and 2 off Skaife and Kelly for him and Ingall, meaning Skaife and Kelly are gunna have to register a new number. Rumour has it Skaife wants 111 since he won 3 championships in a row, but that leaves Kelly without anything. I havent heard anythign about this, but do you think John Bowe is going to go back to 666?
    I am the Stig

At the end of last year, RPM did a story on this. They said that the number 2 was secure with HRT because they own the number. The number 1 will go to Ambrose though. They also said that this year, all car numbers will have to be between 1 and 99, so no three digit numbers are allowed. That rules out the 111 that Skaife wants. It will be interesting to see what happens

cant HRT keep the number "2" seeing as skaife ended up coming second in the championship? even though Skaife wants number 111....(which sounds like a late entry privateer number if u ask me)...666 well does bowey consider himself a beast?

he came third though didnt he? alot of people are under the impression that 1 and 2 come as a package. i never saw that special of RPM's though but it would be good if ambrose can hold onto 1 for more than a year
    I am the Stig

well wasnt that the reason he went to court for to get back his second placing?and from what i gathered hed won the case.

he didnt lose second place, only 30 points. him getting a DNF removed any chance of him taking 2nd place.
    I am the Stig

so getting 30 points back, did he finish higher than he would of otherwise?

well it got him slightly closer to Murphy, he wouldve needed about another 50 points i think to take second
    I am the Stig

it all seems pretty futile to me

skaife reckons he only appealed for something like the moral of it all, or the ethics, i forget the words he used
    I am the Stig

well i must admit he had a shocker of a year last season.....getting smashed in the door by forbes, being black flagged at bathurst cause of an opening door which was caused by bowey smashing into him, getting punted off in the first corner in nz by wilson and the incident between ingall, lets hope the bingles continue lol

not to mention changing for wets in the dry, missing a gear giving ambrose a win and having a mechanical fault just as ambrose caught up to him at queensland
    I am the Stig

yes well everyone has a mechanical failure now and then.....but yeah that was a highlight for me to when ambrose caught and killed the skaife car at qld hehe

its a pity though that it didnt all happen about 10 laps earlier so ambrose could still have a crack at ingall, but im pretty sure as ambrose was getting closer to skaife, ingall was widening the gap on skaife. plus, ambroses rear tires were all but buggered by the time he caught up to skaife. it still goes to prove though that with ambrose its not over until its over
    I am the Stig

its a pitty it didnt happen to murph at bathurst lastyear lol

Thread Information