Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: your first car in GT4?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    The top is only down in photomode and time trials. The PS2 can't process the extra polygons needed for the driver's motions inside the car in a race condition.
    What are you talking about? I put the hood down on a shelby cobra when I was doing a, "quick tune-up". It was on the same screen with the tire selection and the transmission selection. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll go check. And besides, there's always the racecars with no top at all.

Man though, I really suck at this game. I have got to be one of the worst players ever!

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked. There should be an option called, "closed top". You can chose convertible or closed top from there.
    Last edited by carlover; 03-06-2005 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    What are you talking about? I put the hood down on a shelby cobra when I was doing a, "quick tune-up". It was on the same screen with the tire selection and the transmission selection. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll go check. And besides, there's always the racecars with no top at all.

Man though, I really suck at this game. I have got to be one of the worst players ever!

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked. There should be an option called, "closed top". You can chose convertible or closed top from there.
    Is this under settings in the before raceing screen? Never seen it, good eye.

Anyways my first gt4 car was a 99 lancer, one of those special model ones. Pushing 600 someodd HP right now but its pretty well retired

well I don't have GT4 yet, but this year I am getting a PS2 and getting GT4

well I can tell you my first car in GT2 and that was the used 1993 Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by carlover

Interesting... I didn't know that. I thought I read something a while ago about how they couldn't do that.

Edit: I've been reading GTPlanet, and it seems some of the cars have their top down some of the time. Link
    Last edited by Quiggs; 03-06-2005 at 07:51 PM.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Interesting... I didn't know that. I thought I read something a while ago about how they couldn't do that.

Edit: I've been reading GTPlanet, and it seems some of the cars have their top down some of the time. Link
    Man, that site has too many ads.

so you can put the top down or not? man this is crazy. ive never seen that option before ill check later

yea

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    im going to get you carlover! i have to wait 4 more days for this game!!

argh!

ill have to get a flash disk, so i can take photos of my l33t 22b. when i get it that is.

il make sure you see a pic of it sideways *dreams* *crys*
    Anyways, my first car in GT4 is a Honda Civic Type R I got from the 2nd
    used car lot.

Just one day to wait for France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hork
    so you can put the top down or not? man this is crazy. ive never seen that option before ill check later
    You can. At least in the american version. Same place where they have your tire choice and transmission choice. If you click on a car and decide it's color in arcade mode you'll find this menu. It's also called a "quick tune-up".

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I started with a VW Lupo(from License Center), lol. I never spend my 10,000 and 100,000 from GT3. So I sold a couple car won from the License Center and started out with my NSX-R(first car I driven in GT4 except for the ones in License Center) bought for around 119,000. Then I ended up having a Gran Turismo Formula '04 today. I can do a lap under 57 seconds in Tsukuba if you give me a stock NSX-R and Racing Medium tires.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 03-13-2005 at 05:33 AM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I bought a Nissan Silvia K's S13 or something like that. Wasn't bad but right now my best car is the TVR Tamora fully tuned and I'm the proces of hours and hours and hours of finetuning the DB9 on the Nurnburgring. The DB9 will be perfect, once the tuning is finished...

B-spec mode rocks for getting money quickly for everyhting elso it's kinda pointless (well maybe not for the endurance races).

It was a 1985 Mazda RX-7 with 155 bhp. It got me through enough challenges to purchase a 20k Skyline and fit it out with stage 4 turbo. Then I entered that race where you get the rally raid RSC and can sell for 265k. Now I have got several million credits and 120 cars.

mine was an evo 2 with 200 bhp standard, bit i tuned ti to 300
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

My first car was the HPA Motorsport Stage II R32...now I'm doing missions 11-20 to get the Tank Car by Jay Leno...it seems that it has a displacement of 1790 (no, I was not wrong) cubic inches...then the next pace will be a Le Mans car...at least I hope so...

Mine was an 89 skyline GTS-T or something like that. about 7500. Spend the remaining plus the amount I got from selling the lupo on an exhaust and chip I think. Only been playing a few hours, just finished off the Turbo cup races. Has anyone else noticed that the Mazda 6 MPS concept has no transmission layout? When I won it I thought it would be useful for either the FF or 4WD cups, since I didn't have a car for the job. Then I found you can't actually enter any of them. FF, FR, MR or 4WD.

Thread Information