Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is the fastest street legal Car

ok uys I kno u said stock but cmon me and my mates have tuned a 2000 ?HSV GTS to well over 600kw and we had it dynoed for a top speed and and it said that it would reach 397km/h easy! and the car is all legal

Quote Originally Posted by HSV power
    ok uys I kno u said stock but cmon me and my mates have tuned a 2000 ?HSV GTS to well over 600kw and we had it dynoed for a top speed and and it said that it would reach 397km/h easy! and the car is all legal
    And then you remembered about friction, added weight, wind direction/velocity, rubber contact patch, gearing, etc. Then again, I can care less.

another fan boy who'll only make that one and only post to stir up shit. I was at work the other day, a MarkI BA GT-P strolled in with a tasteful plate saying "HSV EATER". Popped the bonnet, rolled out the performance logs, and its rated at 710KW. V8's have a vast potential for power enhancements through small upgrades.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Welcome to UCP.
    How accurate is the dyno ?
    Are you talking at the wheels or the estimated flywheel ? If latter, how reliable was the operator ?
    Theoretical figures about speed are just that.
    Drag will drop that by LOTS.
    Aerodynamic stability will drop it by as much again
    Best not to go around bragging on the top speeds as anyone who knows anythign about cars will be secretly laughing internally
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

...and it said that it would reach 397km/h easy! and the car is all legal
    Go out to the northern territory -where there is no speed limit- and go for it. Send us a post card... then we can get to discuss it. Please check your tires have the appropiate speed rating before you do try.
    Last edited by magracer; 03-10-2006 at 07:36 AM.
    Zag when they Zig

there's a guy with an opel calibra with a 1.25 0-60 time and 8.14 quarter mile time
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    there's a guy with an opel calibra with a 1.25 0-60 time and 8.14 quarter mile time
    yes, but apart from the body shell, what else came out of the original Calibra?

I think I've seen one like that actually, the bodyshell is a carbon fiber replica or a Calibra and the chassis is totally custom built to house the big block V8. It retains the origional dimensions... sort of, and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    Go out to the northern territory -where there is no speed limit- and go for it. Send us a post card... then we can get to discuss it. Please check your tires have the appropiate speed rating before you do try.
    he'd be better off going to the salt flats than a public road in the northern territory...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

all cars would bow down to my 1990 nissan hardbody 4 cylinder pickup. this is one bad mother were talking about, 100 horsepower, 0-60 not enough time in the world, top speed well lets just say that if cheetahs hunted nissans i would be screwed.

Cheetahs accelerate faster than any road car so you'd be screwed unless you STOP BUMPING OLD THREADS WITH STUPID CRAP!

*relases the cheetahs*

Ok are you guys ready for this.............3. 2. 1.... Action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cOGB6-7X2M

Long dead thread... but I enjoyed the video "things got really serious when he fitter some stickers"

Yes I apologize... I am new here and I just found out that it is better to not post on old threads... sorry... I was reading nearly every thread in the technical section and I must say...better than purchasing a book at the bookstore by far!

I will get better with experience... it is a really cool video though.. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    And then you remembered about friction, added weight, wind direction/velocity, rubber contact patch, gearing, etc. Then again, I can care less.
    Those are totally pointless, atleast if you are talking about my car, it travels trough hyperspace, oh, and H4X!

Thread Information