Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SLK With SLR Engine From Dubai

im pretty sure its a chop. in the top pic the vents towards the top of the hood and even the holes in the hood look fake. then you compare it to the second pic. you should be able to see both back vents from that angle but you can only see one. and i can see what illiusionest is talking about and i believe he is correct too
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

I'd imagine the car would be very off balance with the huge engine up front. And the big holes in the hood make the picture almost look like a chop.(but the other pictures showed it wasn't) Wonder how much he paid for the engine and installation......

But I have to admit flat out, that car would rocket!!
    (if he the suspen tuning right)
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by illusionest
    license plate, 1st pic, ps-ed

edit: it....is a chop, 1st license plate different from 2nd pic, or
    maybe its me. the logo to the far left is different
    yeah i noticed that too, it isn't just you
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Looks fake to me
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    OMG........

Is that really Bin Sulayems???
    Which one??
    Yes it is .. owned by

Mohammed Bin Sulayem .... the Rally Driver ...

If you really say this car is what you say it is? Why dont you just take several shots with the hood open? We will all stop accusing you of PS'ing. Its simple you already got a few of the hood closed? why not open. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk
    Bin Sulayem??? isnt he the guy who owns a CLK-GTR, Porsche 911 GT1 & an f50? i hope he didnt put the SLK engine in the SLR.
    If I were him id put the SLK engine in my boat, or use it for internel heating for my house....
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Sorry to revive this thread, but a few more pictures have surfaced. Pretty damn cool.

http://givemealook.com/ipw-web/gallery/album507?page=1

Usually when projects on a scale like this are held we get it on magazines covers like the most powerful e39 M5 in the world featured in BMW car's latest issue.DiscoveryAutomotive had it featured on its website too with full Dyno tests videos,....etc
    The original car was from Bahrain(& it is interesting to see a Bahraini number plate on the reworked car)...
    If this thing is real we'd expect the people who did it to publish something official the same way Discovery Automotive did.
    DA's most powerful e39 M5 on the planet

Quote Originally Posted by SilverG35SportC
    If you really say this car is what you say it is? Why dont you just take several shots with the hood open? We will all stop accusing you of PS'ing. Its simple you already got a few of the hood closed? why not open. Makes no sense.

get off his ass moron... and everyone else that thinks this is a photoshop needs to go and gets their eyes tested coz this is clearly a one off that a lot of different car companies do for "special" clients...

i for one have no reason to believe that these are fakes... who would someone go to the time of shopping all those different pics just to make a hoax...

and if you guys are all such experts at photoshops how about you guys enter some decent ones in the photoshop contests instead of the crap that goes into them... if this was really a photoshop than this guy would have more talent than the rest of you combined...
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 05-17-2005 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    i for one have no reason to believe that these are fakes... who would someone go to the time of shopping all those different pics just to make a hoax...
    You have a good point there. It would be kinda pointless to gather all of the photos to create many chops. With what Shockwave pointed out I strongly agree that this is no chop.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

It's not even debatable. The car is completely real, it's owned by a famous rally driver in Dubai. There is no way on earth that it is a photoshop.

Anybody who says it's a photoshop from this point onward is just owning themselves.

Please Egg Nog, check my last post in SLK argument in miscelaneous section and tell me what do you think.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Shaita, who took those pictures wrote this on another car forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaitan
    Ya'll remember Mohamed Bin Sulayem right? Well I met him today, him and his gorgeous SLK.
    Here's what happened:
    I was on my way home from school when I see an SLK wit two black patches on the hood. I was like "stickers". So I decided to check it out. After a fast lunch, I went to the house where it was parked. I get close and see that those black patches were actually the engine sticking out of the hood. I was like WTF? I was even more shocked when I read SLR on the engine. So I started snapping pics. When a Nissan Armada pulls up and who else but Bin Sulayem steps out of the house to get something from the Armada. Then he gets in the SLK and calls me to talk to him. At first I didnt recognise him, but he told me later on. My first reaction was to point speechless at the hood. He told me got the engine and put it in himself and changed the transmission, and it's a RWD. He said it had 615hp, and could go well over 350 km/h. He told me he had already been up to 320. He said it's a one of a kind, and that AMG are coming to Dubai just to see it.
    The reason why he did such a crazy think was because all the other cars he has (Enzo, F50, F40, GT1, etc etc etc...) were undrivable in these streets cuz of all the traffic, so he settle with a SLK55 with an auto transmission, a comfy, easy ride in other words. But he wasnt happy with the power output...So hey, might as well drop an SLR engine into it...
    Oh, and the sound...Mind blowing...
    Crazy car...

He also told me he has a Mitsu Pajero with 650hp... :shock: I love this guy lol...

Enjoy.
    http://givemealook.com/ipw-web/gallery/album507?page=1

Go back to the sheijk and tell him to open the hood and then you take as many pictures as you can because I'm realy having a hard time beliving.

Thread Information