With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    so far my best = 6.50~ awww hail yee-uh

im horrible i truly am
    You can do it, you have a few more days. The trick to the 'ring is doing a lot of laps on it and learning everything about it, you have to think two turns ahead to go fast because this track is constantly moving.

Some turns I go in fast and brake late...others I ease the brakes on to scrub just enough speed off to make the turn. With TCS off the Falcon will try to plow through the turn pushing the front tires...just take it easy in the middle of the turn because you can make up a lot on acceleration and top speed on the fast sections. When you think you're going slow in this car, and most, that's when you're driving smooth and making a good lap.

6:19 was my outlap so there is definitely room for improvement...somewhere under 6:10 is definitely possible but i haven't got there yet... high 6:12's aint bad though...
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 07-07-2005 at 04:21 AM.

Squeezing those seconds out which are under 6:15 ain't easy. The ghost car becomes your friend as well as your enemy.

indeed with the aid of the ghost i am under 6:10 now...

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    indeed with the aid of the ghost i am under 6:10 now...
    Way to go, mate! Sounds like it'll be a close competition.

6:09:200
    If I play without the ghost car I do better times. It seems that I try harder when I see it, and want to pass it. But (surprise,surprise) I mess up. I know I can lower it 3 or 4 seconds
    I just admire the drivers that raced the 'Ring with the F1 cars until the '70s. Does anybody know where Lauda crashed? I don't know the bends names, so it would help if somebody posted how many seconds does it take to get there
    I know it was a left hander, though and I suspect that it's the left hander, after the 2:17 checkpoint. Is Lauda a member?
    Last edited by lightweight; 07-07-2005 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    If I play without the ghost car I do better times. It seems that I try harder when I see it, and want to pass it. But (surprise,surprise) I mess up. I know I can lower it 3 or 4 seconds
    I just admire the drivers that raced the 'Ring with the F1 cars until the '70s. Does anybody know where Lauda crashed? I don't know the bends names, so it would help if somebody posted how many seconds does it take to get there
    I know it was a left hander, though and I suspect that it's the left hander, after the 2:17 checkpoint. Is Lauda a member?
    I thought they raced on a shortened version of the Nur?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I thought the whole point of this competition was that we weren't gonna post our times?!?!?

Your all spoiling the fun! I think everyone should keep schtum from now on and just PM your times to SIMPLETON, build up the suspense a little.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Agreed, I generally make my best time without the ghost.

The corner Lauda crashed at doesn't have any official name but is often referred to as the "Lauda Kink" (or some sick puppies like to call it the "Grill-Kurve"! ). It usually takes me approx 2:40 to get there. I think the left hander you were referring to is Breidscheid (3rd gear, with the red & white stripy wall on the outside?). The Lauda kink is shortly after leaving there, sweeping right and then down a medium long straight, then the flat-out Lauda kink followed by the right hand hairpin of Bergwerk. It was a pretty strange corner to crash at really because it's just flat out, no bumps, no nasty cambers, pretty straight forward really. I don't know the exact details of the crash, maybe he was trying to lap a backmarker or something?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

you might have to find those extra few seconds...

im seriously CBF'd trying.

2 laps. best i got was 6:35.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    you might have to find those extra few seconds...

for everyone wanting to go under 6:10, lower the speed max of the car to 310 or 320 (it is allowed for this challenge), it shortens the final drive ratio and i think it may even modify the downforce...

Thread Information