Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The GT4 Challenge: Round 3

no way i dont believe you dino, a complete lap burning out...in fourth gear?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    no way i dont believe you dino, a complete lap burning out...in fourth gear?
    Try it, all you have to do is bump a wall while you're in 4th and it'll break the tires loose, then you just hold the throttle down and drive.

ok i WILL try it, but not now im in the middle of the formula gt championship

How did you stop it from spinnig out on the corners?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    How did you stop it from spinnig out on the corners?
    I didn't say it was smooth....did a couple of bounces and 360's during the lap....those poor rear tires...hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    I didn't say it was smooth....did a couple of bounces and 360's during the lap....those poor rear tires...hehehe

haha, nice.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

another thing that will aid laptimes is if in your garage you go to optiomns and turn arcade mode tire wear off, means fresh tires all day long

I'm pretty sure that you keep fresh tires no matter what in Time trial because i have tire wear on and doen't notice any loss of traction over any number of laps... but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    I'm pretty sure that you keep fresh tires no matter what in Time trial because i have tire wear on and doen't notice any loss of traction over any number of laps... but whatever.
    Yes, there is no tire wear in time trials.

ohhh ok ididint know that tid bit

I took two seconds off my time today but still have quite reched my target... i wont be here sunday or monday, im leavin on a cruise to bermuda so if i win let 2nd place pick track n stuff... also i will post a screenshot of my time friday or saturday if u dont want to know dont open attach

well this one is pretty much a write-off for me personally, cant string together a solid lap hey. ive been driving this damn course since GT1 and i still dont like it haha

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloVT
    well this one is pretty much a write-off for me personally, cant string together a solid lap hey. ive been driving this damn course since GT1 and i still dont like it haha
    i don't mind the course but the car is definitely the worst car in the game... chronic understeer turning into power oversteer, or even 4 wheel drift resulting in a hopeless driving experience... a rocket powered roller skate would be a beter handler than this car...

and since i purchased a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel yesterday, i have struggled even more, coz all real life conventions that you would normally apply with driving, like controlling a drift, just go out the window,. the wheel goes light and then loads up and then goes light again and then when you think you have caught it, it loads up again and ploughs you into a wall when trying to control a little slide, even feathering the throttle, and it just spins... i admit that this probably isn't the best car to be using to learn how to use the steering wheel but still i am having a sulk...

anywayz enough of my whingeing... BIG KUDOS to whoever wins this coz i know i won't my best time was a 1'3x.xxx... and it was only just under 1'40 so yeah...not gunna post the whole time coz then people might have a sook at me...

If you want to hide your time just do this: Scroll to the right of this sentence. 1:15.962

Just format the text as white in color. And that time is made up.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    i don't mind the course but the car is definitely the worst car in the game... chronic understeer turning into power oversteer, or even 4 wheel drift resulting in a hopeless driving experience... a rocket powered roller skate would be a beter handler than this car...

and since i purchased a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel yesterday, i have struggled even more, coz all real life conventions that you would normally apply with driving, like controlling a drift, just go out the window,. the wheel goes light and then loads up and then goes light again and then when you think you have caught it, it loads up again and ploughs you into a wall when trying to control a little slide, even feathering the throttle, and it just spins... i admit that this probably isn't the best car to be using to learn how to use the steering wheel but still i am having a sulk...

anywayz enough of my whingeing... BIG KUDOS to whoever wins this coz i know i won't my best time was a 1'3x.xxx... and it was only just under 1'40 so yeah...not gunna post the whole time coz then people might have a sook at me...
    Your time is probably the same as mine.

Thread Information