Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Street Racing. Opinions on an epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by The Tuner
    im in uni rite now, and im doing a research project on street racing. actually, (and sum of u will probably think im crazy for this) my project is an insight into legalizing street racing. thnx.
    As lateral as the idea sounds there are some major obtsacles (duh).
    1. Why should publicly paid for roads be made innacessible to the majority so that a handful of people who cannot be controlled any other way are catered for. (Baring in mind I wold probably like to try it in these surroundings).
    2. Un skilled drivers thinking they can race is different from skilled drivers who can.
    3. Legalising something does not ensure that it will be exploited elsewhere. ie, we have legalised drags for the public yet we still have plenty of illegal street drags.

The major issue that sticks with me is the selfishness and disregard these people have for others. ie the added risk and thrill of other cars. Risking your own life in the name of excitement is your own perogative. Nothing justifies you risking someone elses for your own selfish masturbation.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by The Tuner
    im in uni rite now, and im doing a research project on street racing. actually, (and sum of u will probably think im crazy for this) my project is an insight into legalizing street racing.
    y?
    coz it happens anywayz, and if it gets legailzed, then its gonna be safer for the racers and everyone else.
    Sorry Tuner but I disagree.

Crisis is right..."Legalising something does not ensure that it will be exploited elsewhere. ie, we have legalised drags for the public yet we still have plenty of illegal street drags." So called "Racers" need to take responsibility of what they are doing...if you want to race, do it somewhere where it is safe for others (others = bystanders, spectators, other traffic etc).

People race because they think they're tough and they have the best car out there...they race because they think they're good and skillful. They need to grow up! If you want to race, go to Speedzone (that's where you pay to race scale down carts & dragsters). Take a look at the Long Beach GP or rallycorss, that's real "street racing".

Just my 2 cents
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    I think that street racing should be done in places where there is no people or very few people, such as a highway like you said Egg Nog. I think that there should be more drag strips around.
    Indiana is a good place for street racing because there are a lot more desolate streets there.
    you are a dick. if you have ever been on the street racing scene you would understand the thrill of going to high speed and not getting caught. live a little

Quote Originally Posted by mulan
    you are a dick. if you have ever been on the street racing scene you would understand the thrill of going to high speed and not getting caught. live a little
    Sorry Mulan, that title should rightly be yours.

Wait till you've attended a scene where a street accident has maimed/killed drivers/passengers/bystanders.

Taking cars to the limit belongs on the track where the danger is shared with like-minded drivers/passengers and doesn't involve innocents.
    My experience has been that those who boast of their endeavours on the road are idiots on track who have no idea of the real control to make a car go fast.

If you want the experience you describe then I suggest you go to the local rugby club, go in and call them a bunch of poofs and start running. THAT would be living a LOT more than pussying around in a wannabee car
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Hey mulanif your so tough and so cool i have some pics that show the by products of street raceing.....im not going to post themon the website but if you want to see them i will send you the link....are you man enough?

(this offer extends to everyone willing but be warned they are tragic)

firstly: mulan, plz dont insult any1 here. from wat ive seen in this thread, im the one who is supportin streetracing the most, and im not throwin insults around the place. we have had members who didnt kno how to control their language, and u can ask any1 wat happened to them.

secondly: i dont remember who sed this, but abt legal dragging: we dont have it here. once every 2 months (i think) we have a racing thing goin on, but thts very short and not open to all. street racing does have a different thrill.

thirdly: i forgot.

fourthly: i remembered; falcon, cud i have those pics? send em to "[email protected]" plz. thnx.

cant think of nething else.
    oh and thnx a millon for ure thoughts on my ideas. theyve been a big help.
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

ok

ok the best car is a for rs200 evo this is a quick car not as quick as some ferraris but there notasquickas ulot think they all this wraps up to a very fast car the calerway sledge hammer

Quote Originally Posted by mulan
    Is it something like the thrill of seeing someone trying to identify the body of a family member who was using his car to go to work and was hit by the selfish dick who thought the whole world was his personal playground?
    Living is what its all about.
    Last edited by crisis; 05-02-2004 at 05:55 PM. Reason: additional text

hey Crisis

sorry for going off-topic guys. but this message is for Crisis.

i remember reading in a thread about a week ago something about you not trusting me. i have been very busy searching for this comment to take my revenge. do u think u can help me find it ? are u man enough for that ?!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Think of it this way:

Renting a track may be more expensive then just going to the streets, but do you really value your money over your life? The risks of street racing are much more real then you may think, and people can get killed too easily racing. So next time you get a craving for speed, be smart: Don't put your life on the line to just to save a few bucks, instead rent a track and drive worry free (almost, there is always danger when driving at high speeds, no matter what, but there is always less on the track then the street).

It's the innocents I'm most angered about when idiots take to the streets.
    Yes, you have the right to take risk with your own life.
    But not of others.
    there is always danger when driving at high speeds, no matter what, but there is always less on the track then the street).
    For sure, but for anyone who thinks track is safe, few months ago one of the guys rolled his Skyline at Knockhill and wrote it off and hasn't been able to drive since. He's OK, just badly bruised. Serious money spent on engine and suspension - all the trick bits from Japan - but still couldn't keep up with a Radical. More fool him for trying

If you ARE going to take track seriosuly you should definately fit full rollcage, extinguisher, electric cut-off and full harness belt
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It's the innocents I'm most angered about when idiots take to the streets.
    Yes, you have the right to take risk with your own life.
    But not of others.

For sure, but for anyone who thinks track is safe, few months ago one of the guys rolled his Skyline at Knockhill and wrote it off and hasn't been able to drive since. He's OK, just badly bruised. Serious money spent on engine and suspension - all the trick bits from Japan - but still couldn't keep up with a Radical. More fool him for trying

If you ARE going to take track seriosuly you should definately fit full rollcage, extinguisher, electric cut-off and full harness belt
    And if you can afford it, attending some racing school will definitely help
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    sorry for going off-topic guys. but this message is for Crisis.

i remember reading in a thread about a week ago something about you not trusting me. i have been very busy searching for this comment to take my revenge. do u think u can help me find it ? are u man enough for that ?!
    I seriously doubt that I would have ever questioned your integrity. I cant remember the post you are talking about but I'll look. And no, I am not man enough for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Drugs are worse !!!

Don't take this wrongly, but I love American approach to English grammar.
    In general you folks make words up coz it sounds as if it should be that way.

The past tense of drag is dragged

( Can you tell my daighters doing her English Higher exam in 2 weeks !! )

Matra I find it amusing that you knock someone's grammar and then incorrectly spell DaUghter
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by mechanixfetch
    Matra I find it amusing that you knock someone's grammar and then incorrectly spell DaUghter
    Some folks are already awawre that I suffer neuroligcal damamge which affects my typing.
    It would be OK if UCP had a spell checker As it is, I'm more interested in commenting in the short time I spend on UCP rather than spell-checking.

Glad it brought a smile, usually it can be more embarrassing some of the words my fingeres created

Thread Information