Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Street Racing. Opinions on an epidemic

Its ok for me for people to street race with their souped up SHIT looking car that makes so much noise with the huge mufflers and spoilers.....but eventually they will end up in an accident and die or may escape from the law and let the law hunt them down later where they are gonna be in DEEP SHIT then so if you are one of them "think twice" on what you are gonna do next............i mean look at yourselves

I love street racing. As a matter of fact I just had a really nice race this evening with a heavily modified late 80s early 90s gti. It is very exciting weaving through moderate just-after-rush-hour highway trafic. He won, but our cars were about the same speed. He was a pretty good driver, not just ballsy, but skilled. It is such a blast! I think blowing through red lights and racing for cash is a no-go, but just a little friendly blow-off-that-little-extra-testosterone race is good for ya. Just dont drink and drive.
    85 red Toyota MR2
    93 infiniti G20 (sold)
    86 mr2 show car

UCP's most totally hardcore crazy MR2-or-anything-else-that-runs-on-4A-G-power fan. I rilly like MR2s

im sorry nig but i cannot believe that there are people out there who will really take such a superficial pleasure. street racing is dangerous. people die because of it. many do. and its all because you people think its fun, which it may be for a pretty base person. i wish that you people would just realize that the world does not revolve around you, so stop having fun at others expense.
    peace, ian

I'm not endorsing street racing but its like getting a cold or biting on the occasional bitter nut, it can't be helped. There is a time and a place. Some removed industrial park or some backroad that's cleared on both ends. Racing through traffic, only proves who's a bigger fool. I've seen guys going so nuts to stay ahead, they split lanes between cars, pass using the e-lane, dangerous s***.

Racing on a paid track might be legal but that doesn't make it safe. Ok, a litter safer.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel
    I love street racing. As a matter of fact I just had a really nice race this evening with a heavily modified late 80s early 90s gti. It is very exciting weaving through moderate just-after-rush-hour highway trafic. He won, but our cars were about the same speed. He was a pretty good driver, not just ballsy, but skilled. It is such a blast! I think blowing through red lights and racing for cash is a no-go, but just a little friendly blow-off-that-little-extra-testosterone race is good for ya. Just dont drink and drive.
    YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Clowns like you kill people.
    W@nkers who like to drive fast and dangerously on streets destroy families.

AND you have d!cks the size of pencils, coz if you had ANY balls you'd have the courage to try it on a race track, hill climb, rally stage, oval or drag strip.
    Coz there it's YOU that is taking the risk, YOU that is being tested, YOU that's the man and not the stupid fecking little toe-rag.

Get a life and stop braggin about it.
    It's like saying you've had sex 10 times a night and THEN owning up it was with a prostitute.

man I'd add a smiley if I wasn't so angry.
    Made worse coz you're intelligent ( HAD enjoyed our sound discussion ) but you are a LONG LONG way from smart or mature.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Racing on a paid track might be legal but that doesn't make it safe. Ok, a litter safer.
    a WHOLE lot safer.
    For you.
    For others sharing the track.
    For anyone watching.
    For anyone "in the area"

WHY ?
    coz you're car is scrutineered before being allowed out. An experience race scrutineer can spot if it's capable of the speeds intended.
    coz your focus is ONLY on the track and the others, no need to split attention on side roads, possibility of animals or people appearing or a million other things you SHOULD be doign on open roads
    coz he safety and flag marshals can take action to prevent a simple accident becoming worse
    coz if you do lose it the gravel traps, run-off areas and tyre barriers slow you down safely
    coz you're contained within the safety barriers and protection of the track
    coz anyeone there KNOWS their is racing and THEIR focus is on what's happening on the track and know not to go out there
    and finally if anything DOES go wrong the medical and safety services are THERE to react IMMEDIATELY. No waiting for someone to get the balls to phone for an ambulance or firetruck and then wait for them to respond.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

street racing is one thing . and illegal street racing is another
    street racing is fun . Monaco, Macau .. but that's just like a racing circuit so it doesn't count

illegal street racing .. burn the ones that do that
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

the gorvenment should allow more sanctioned street racing.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    the gorvenment should allow more sanctioned street racing.
    old thread - and why? if you want PROPER racing go an a flaming track!

Because he is a stupid troll.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Thread Information