Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: I'm a BAD AMERICAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

Can you get back to Readers Digest ?
    isnt that the thing people only buy because they picked up in the market lines and read it and then accidentaly set down with all of their groceries?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Like Matra, you have a way of writing a lot of words without really saying anything.
    Wow, now that's a good line when you have nothing else to say and still don't want to admit that you're wrong. Great. Sometimes it's really frustrating to dig up information etc and beat your posts into submission just for you to ignore them.

That "Outfoxed" documentary has many flaws in it.
    LOL, I guess I'll have to take your word for it...
    As for Fox News VS the other stations, a study by the Center for Media & Public Affairs released this info...
    In the post-debate between Bush and Kerry (back in 2004), Fox News praised Kerry 48% of the time and Bush 46% of the time.

ABC, CBS and CNN praised Kerry 20% more than Bush.

In post-debate analysis, NBC praised Kerry 74% of the time, Bush 31%.

As I've said, be glad that Fox News exists and we don't have to rely (anymore) on those leftist mainstream media outlets.
    Jeez, we've been through this before. It's not the quantity it's the quality. If fox talks crap about Kerry 48% percent of the time and praise Bush 46% it's not really fair & balanced now is it? Yet they have the numbers to "prove" it is.

We've come a long way since clumsy WWII/cold war propaganda but the propaganda itself hasn't disappeared anywhere and for the US government it's more important than ever now that they are so neck deep in sh!t that getting out with pride isn't really an option anymore.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    If fox talks crap about Kerry 48% percent of the time and praise Bush 46% it's not really fair & balanced now is it? Yet they have the numbers to "prove" it is.
    im not trying to get into a debate, but he clearly said that the stationed PRAISED kerry such and such percent and PRAISED bush such and such percent, no crap talking was involved...
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

CNN has been long known to be an obviously left-wing news channel. I'll post some examples later but here's a few...
    CNN (and the other liberal news outlets) called the early days of the invasion of Iraq a "disaster," when it was just the opposite.
    When a U.S. military unit, on its way to Baghdad was stopped, the media claimed that it was because of heavy fighting. Not true, they were waiting for reenforcements to arrive.

You're not doing any good trying to deny a known fact (CNN's bias). Just admit it; you'll be better off.
    LOL, you're funny. Sad thing is that you're apparently serious. Yeah those examples REALLY proved your point that CNN is biased...
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    I’m not sure you can see the difference between a small flag in the corner of a paper’s banner and wrapping a whole screen in symbolism. If you are well read you may have heard a somewhat famous quote: “Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel” Samuel Johnson (April 1775)
    "If you are well read..." LOL You havn't apparently been following Fleet's "debating" that long now have you? He's level of education becomes quite apparent after a while!
    - Are YOU listed? -

I do know that Saddam is responsible for at least one million deaths. I don't know how many of those had their head chopped off, but they are just as dead.
    You are still posting things you believe is true without any sources to back it up. About the Saddam's killings isn't it ironic that you criticize him about it, during 95% of those killings Saddam was an ally of the United States. YOUR government provided the weapons and means for the murders and you accuse him for using them?
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    im not trying to get into a debate, but he clearly said that the stationed PRAISED kerry such and such percent and PRAISED bush such and such percent, no crap talking was involved...
    Ignore the numbers, my point was quantity vs quality. If I try I can come up with good things to say about almost any politician for instance, but just because I'd say as many good things as bad things wouldn't mean I'd give a "fair & balanced" view of him/her. That's just the sneaky fox trying to trick you again.
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Right, you got it. Hopefully Mr. Pando now realizes it.

And I'm not going to take another 4 pages reposting what I did.
    I already made my case.
    I asked for examples of how the Reader's Digest is not as accurate when publishing articles as Newsweek and Time. I didn't see any examples.

I asked for actual instances in which Fox News distorts or changes info they receive before they report on it. I didn't see any examples. All I saw were lame replies like, Fox puts on their screen "days until the reelection of Bush" which they didn't do.

So, what is this... like the third time it's happened? I post some facts and you guys ignore them and instead post inaccurate info about Fox and the Reader's Digest, which, incidentally, is in the top 5 biggest selling magazines in the U.S.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Ignore the numbers,
    That's your problem... you ignore the facts.

1.) What websites have I posted?

2.) Have you ever consulted a news source from outside your country?

3.) Have you ever looked at what was being fed to the citizens of Germany and Japan before the war?

4.) WMDs?

Everyone who wants to present figures in a sensible debate provides sources, this has been pointed out to you many times before. If you want to use a figure to bolster you argument you have to be able to tell us where you got it from.
    1.) Mediawatch

2.) BBC

3.) Yes, luckily that doesn't happen in republic countries like the U.S.

4.) Every intelligence organization believed Saddam had WMD, including the U.N. I think he moved them out of the country; he had plenty of time. And don't forget... Saddam had to prove that he destroyed WMD he had which he didn't.

1.) Fleet500, you just don't get this whole debate thing do you? Answer the questions posted if you want anyone to listen to you and take you seriously. I’ll even make them short and sweet so you don’t get distracted.

2.) Where are they then?

3.) How many nuclear powers have invaded other countries in the last 10 years?

4.) Everyone who wants to present figures in a sensible debate provides sources, this has been pointed out to you many times before. If you want to use a figure to bolster you argument you have to be able to tell us where you got it from.
    1.) I'll make this short adn sweet so you don't get distracted... I'm waiting to see claims of how Fox News distorts or changes info they receive before they report on it. If you want me to continue debating, post a reply to that.

2.) Many experts believe they were shipped into Syria.

3.) ?

4.) Again, if you had bothered to get your info from some non-leftist news stations, you would already know that electrical output in Iraq is more now than before the war. Asking me to find the sorce of info from 2 years ago would take some time.

So, what is this... like the third time it's happened? I post some facts and you guys ignore them and instead post inaccurate info about Fox and the Reader's Digest, which, incidentally, is in the top 5 biggest selling magazines in the U.S.
    Proof of the term FOWNED

Fleet, you only posted your CNN and Fox crap when you coudl NOT respond to the FACTUAL EVIDENCE on the Readers Digest bias from it's inception. It's purpose for being set up !!!

You are the ONLY person ignoring anything - your usual bait-and switch trick.

Astoundlingly you now think it's others whn in reality, you've not answered questions and AGAIN have reposted information which was shown to be biased, lies or plain stupid. So no, we're NOT correcting you again. What's the point YOU don't read it and dont' comprehend. Others do. So hence you "owned" yourself again
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

3.) Yes, luckily that doesn't happen in republic countries like the U.S.
    or alternatively it DOES happen but because the propoganda fits in your extreme views you are unaware of it.
    That's how it worked in Germany, everyone saw the financial instabiliy, Hitler created a way out of it, he fixed their economy, he showed how strong their nation should be and coudl be and got all the support by telling everyeon that EVERYBODY else was the enemy.
    you need to understand how it worked before you close your eyes and REALLY think you are not subject to propoganda.
    Fro example in http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/paradise.htm replace Russia with Middle East and Jews with Muslims and tell me it's not a partial fit ??
    4.) Every intelligence organization believed Saddam had WMD, including the U.N. I think he moved them out of the country; he had plenty of time. And don't forget... Saddam had to prove that he destroyed WMD he had which he didn't.
    So are you ignoring AGAIN that the UN who you are now claiming as "believeing" it put in place actions to identify, monitor and remove and were STOPPED from ceompleteing their task. AGAIN Fleet, you got th erugh taken out from under you SO many times, you're clearly blinded by your blind patriotism.
    GO create the thread "Fleet- fact or fiction" and stop reapeting yoruself with hte same cr@p in every thread this comes up in.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

1.) I'll make this short adn sweet so you don't get distracted..
    coudl you make it informative and factual and not blind repeition of already refuted claims ??
    2.) Many experts believe they were shipped into Syria.
    ANd the FACTS are present to show that scrap metal from the WMDs WAS IN FACT shipped via Syria. See that's what happens when you read propoganda and dont' ahve the gumption to question your sources. We blew this one apart for you already Fleet. DOn't you remember running crying the last time and bait-and-switching then too.
    4.) Again, if you had bothered to get your info from some non-leftist news stations, you would already know that electrical output in Iraq is more now than before the war. Asking me to find the sorce of info from 2 years ago would take some time.
    Not hard given that in GW1 we destroyued most of the power infrastructure !!
    Take it back to pre GW1 and comapre please.
    After all you've played a typical propoganda trick. tut-tut let's have some HONESTY rather than selective facts ??

I want to go to a restaurant with Fleet and Matra. Most entertaining dinner ever.

Thread Information