View Poll Results: Which is the best looking car ever?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jaguar E Type

31 14.55%
  • Aston Martin DB7

20 9.39%
  • Lamborghini Muira

43 20.19%
  • Ferrari 250 GT0

48 22.54%
  • Porsche Carrera GT

35 16.43%
  • Bentley Continental GT

11 5.16%
  • Lamborghini Murcielago

32 15.02%
  • Aston Martin Vanquish

35 16.43%
  • Lotus Esprit

15 7.04%
  • Ferrari Enzo

23 10.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best looking car ever made?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Enzo is a gargoyle really, never liked it. I'd still do some crazy shit to be able to afford one though.

2ndly, people's idea of beauty changes depending on the experiences they've had in their life. Beauty is also much more than looks... it's aura, sound, and feel, etc... Emotional attachment plays a big role too...
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

Ferrari F355 Spider

Although there are other cars I prefer that aren't on the list, I've always loved the Lotus Esprit. The Jaguar E-Type is close behind.

250 GTO. Though it was very tough to choose between it and a Miura.

The McLaren F1

Is there any doubt? Anybody that knows anything about cars knows the McLaren is in at least the top 5 and it wasn't even an option on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
    Is there any doubt? Anybody that knows anything about cars knows the McLaren is in at least the top 5 and it wasn't even an option on the list.
    it's about the look of the car, not the performance of the car. and i am one of those that actually like the F1 look. but it isn't "the best looking". for sure.
    i voted for the Miura, but so many are missing and so many are equivalently good...impossible. The 33 Stradale is probably better than the Miura though.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    it's about the look of the car, not the performance of the car.
    Absolutely!

Supercars don't hold the morgage on automotive beauty. There have been plenty of vehicles of other genre that are outstandingly attractive, for a variety of reasons, and which for style-appeal would put many of those 'best looking' supercars in the shade, imho
    Last edited by nota; 05-21-2008 at 05:05 AM.

Very changeable.

It is a though question and the answer is not easy for me to give since it really depends on the mood.

I would say at this moment the Toyota 2000GT comes to mind. Although it is very similar to the Jaguar E-type it just is better looking mainly due the better aerodynamic front window.
    From the cars now in production I would think the Aston Martin Vanquish and the Alfa Romeo 8C are the best looking cars (from the cars I know).
    But at this moment I would not be buying any of them ... well because they stonking expensive and impracticable and would go for the beautiful Jaguar XF.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Absolutely!

Supercars don't hold the morgage on automotive beauty. There have been plenty of vehicles of other genre that are outstandingly attractive, for a variety of reasons, and which for style-appeal would put many of those 'best looking' supercars in the shade, imho
    I totally agree. Actually before the WWII and 1960ties a lot of beautiful cars have been made such as the:
    Talbot-Lago T150C SS
    Bentley R-type Continental
    Porsche 356
    BMW 507
    Actually I think the BMW Z4 coupe can be put in that list too. Although at this time a lot of people think bad of it I think in the future people will look back and look in awe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenske View Post
    I totally agree. Actually before the WWII and 1960ties a lot of beautiful cars have been made such as the:
    Talbot-Lago T150C SS
    Bentley R-type Continental
    Porsche 356
    BMW 507
    Actually I think the BMW Z4 coupe can be put in that list too. Although at this time a lot of people think bad of it I think in the future people will look back and look in awe to it.
    I doubt a Z4 is even remotely in the same league as a T150C, a Continental or a 507.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenske View Post
    This one makes it onto my list

Very very true. I have a special place for the series 1 E-type, but that's mostly because without one I wouldn't have been born. It is an amazing car, but for me best looking ever may have to go to the new Alfa 8C.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Very very true. I have a special place for the series 1 E-type, but that's mostly because without one I wouldn't have been born. It is an amazing car, but for me best looking ever may have to go to the new Alfa 8C.
    Explain please.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Explain please.
    It was my dad's second car (first was an MGA) and what he was driving in college when he met and married my mom. He tells me the odds were good that I was concieved in it. He also likes to point out that it's a lot easier to pick up women driving a car like that than a van or something.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information