Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New PGR 3 screens

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Love the cockpit view. Is that in replay mode only? What is PGR 3? X-box?
    Im not sure about the cockpit view but it will be for XBOX 360 and XBOX, Im not sure about the XBOX version though because it doesnt have nearly as much as the proccessing power of the 360.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

You can actually race in the cockpit view, and PGR3 is for Xbox 360 only, not Xbox...
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

So, I got my copy today, good stuff. When I went in to the store there was a line a the register, but not at the 360 kiosk... AND they had taken a copy of PGR3 and put it in... not a demo, the real deal... I played for about 5 minutes... drove the 288 GTO Evo and the F50 GT (of course)... drove both of them around the Nurburgring - all i've got to say is, B-E-A-UTIFUL - it was just plain cool to get to drive two of my all time favorite cars in a video game. Needless to say, I can hardly wait to get my console next week and hook it up to the big screen, it's gonna rock SO hard...

Also: PGR3 > NFS:MW
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn
    So, I got my copy today, good stuff. When I went in to the store there was a line a the register, but not at the 360 kiosk... AND they had taken a copy of PGR3 and put it in... not a demo, the real deal... I played for about 5 minutes... drove the 288 GTO Evo and the F50 GT (of course)... drove both of them around the Nurburgring - all i've got to say is, B-E-A-UTIFUL - it was just plain cool to get to drive two of my all time favorite cars in a video game. Needless to say, I can hardly wait to get my console next week and hook it up to the big screen, it's gonna rock SO hard...

So-are the ingame graphics really that kick ass?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    So-are the ingame graphics really that kick ass?
    They were pretty good looking - better than PGR2 and better than Forza - by a long ways... the controls were very nice, and the car(s) responded well to inputs... no slow reaction to inputs and no over reaction to inputs, seemed pretty "dialed in" to me... The 288 GTO Evo and the F50 GT both had great detail and the reflections were the best I've ever seen anywhere but in real life...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

you really liked it that much? hmm, well i guess we just have different taste

well tell me what games you get as they come out, we are going to have to do some online gaming!
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    you really liked it that much? hmm, well i guess we just have different taste

well tell me what games you get as they come out, we are going to have to do some online gaming!
    I used to LOVE the NFS series, and then they got in to the whole "underground, street racing thing" - which is where they messed up, IMO - they swapped Ferraris and Lambos for Hondas and Acuras, which I don't care to game with. I realize that there are some high performace cars back for this go-round (Aston, Lambo Gallardo, BMW M3 GTR, etc..) but they're still all "kitted out" and street-racerish looking to me. I'm gonna hold out and rent the game and then see if I like it or not... But before I even think about getting NFS:MW I'm going to get Test Drive Unlimited, that looks like it's shaping up to be a HELLA cool game... Not sure when I'm going to get on LIVE, but I'll let you know... my gamertag is nopassn (shocker, I know...)
    ...Utah! Get me two...

PGR3 sounds good and all, but I still like my GT4 better.
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

Quote Originally Posted by SolidStradale
    PGR3 sounds good and all, but I still like my GT4 better.
    well, you're entitled to your opinion, but PGR3 owns (IMO)
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn

Do the cars sustain damage?
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    Do the cars sustain damage?
    yes, they do. When I was playing yesterday I was flipping donuts and then quit and went to running around the Nurburgring (in the F50 GT) - I ran down the computer controlled car (Murcielago RGT) and rammed it in the ass at 160 mph and it smashed up the nose of my car and the ass end of the RGT and wrinkled up the wing on the RGT as well... The crash effects are pretty good.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

there isn't any official car list yet, is it?
    I'm waiting for this game for 1 year so far, and I can't wait any minutes more!

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    there isn't any official car list yet, is it?
    I'm waiting for this game for 1 year so far, and I can't wait any minutes more!
    yes, there is a car list... I've seen it and the game, and all the cars on the car list I've got are there, there may be some "hidden/unlockable" cars that are not on the list... FYI, the car list is unofficial, but the cars on it are ALL in the game...

link to car list: http://forums.projectgothamracing3.c.../ShowPost.aspx - FYI, the car list is about 1/3 of the way down the page...

Also, the damage models are good, but do not affect performace...
    Last edited by nopassn; 11-18-2005 at 09:50 AM.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

this game is going to rock.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Thread Information