Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
Lol i just read this thread over and its funny how people get worked up about consoles Bottom line is people buying XBOX 360
A) have an XBOX. *check*
B) Like Halo and Forza. or *check*
C) got sucked in by the ad campaign.

People getting PS3:
A) have PS2 *check*
B)Like Socom, the GT series, Etc.. *check*
C) Like the "specs"

People getting Nintendo:
A) Are hard core Nintendoers (lol) *check*
B) like mario, zelda etc.. *check*
C) like the wacky controller *check*
D) are girls or grandpas, lol
Well, you are on to something. BUT. Then there is people like me, I own an Xbox, PS2 and have been a Nintendoer since 8-bit. Playstations (1&2) owned the market for a while until the Xbox and GC put their foot down. I was amazed to see an inferior PS2 selling so good it did for a long while. The only genre PS2 was the best in was fast action games like Tekken where the slightly easier (compared to the Xbox) button layout was needed. When the Xbox's price dropped lower than the Playstation's I could no longer see a valid reason for anyone to buy one.

Why I got the 360? I had some spare cash, I wanted something new and it was the only "next gen" console out. Now that it has a few amazing games (Oblivion, GRAW, Condemned...) I can safely recommend it. Xbox Live makes it brilliant. It has a better controller than the first Box (which wasn't an easy achievement) and backward compatible games is a nice bonus aswell.

Why I probably won't get the PS3 (at least not on launch)? At the moment it still looks like a overpriced overhyped piece of console. I may change my mind about this though. Also the PS3 launch titles will have a very hard time competing with the 360 games when (and if ) it's released. When the PS3's been on the market for several months well know who's on top.

...aaand the Revolution? It's a big question mark in my books. Whether I'm interested or not is determined by what it has to offer and if the price is reasonably low.