Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what should i do?

too late ucas handed in ages ago......
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Matra i tht sux majorly but still how long our studies to be a lawyers, anyway thats not exactly job satisfaction thought is it being a lawyer to be honest id rather be an architect but even tht can be boring at times

grr cant decide.....
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Man for something so important like this you really shouldn't be asking us lol.

i'd definatly go with automotive design (don't know which schools better.) beacause well... its automotive design!

as some above have said, take what is said here as advice and make up your own mind about where to go. that way if you realise that you've chosen the wrong course you've only got yourself to blame and noone else.

if i were you i'd pick a course on whether you would find the course enjoyable and interesting not with any long term plan about a job afterwards. if you plan to far ahead then things can very often change and your stuck. when i applied to uni i had no idea what job i wanted and just chose a couirse that i was interested in.
    now i'm almost finished and i have come to realise that my course was probably not the best choice for my now decided career direction,
    however my course has given me lots of experience and a fun time at uni with lots of friends and memories .

just remember its not where you go with life, but how you get there
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by matek
    Matra i tht sux majorly.
    It also depends greatly on what you WANT out of life.
    I should have pointed out that I was paying my guys 2000-3000 per day

A close friend's father is a millionaire. Expected "son" to take over the business. He instead went to Birmingham did engineering did MSC at Coventry in automotive and joined NON AUTO design company. He is now responsible for setting up their producitno facitility in teh Far East. Doign VERY well for himelse and MOST OF ALL enjoying what he is doing. NOT as "rich" in money terms as he might have been but a helluva lot richer in life. For me that is always more important.
    So decide what you want out of life and then choose studies/career/job to suit
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Met is absolutly right here - dont just pick something because it sounds cool or because its what your friends like.

Work out what you want (Car/s, House/s, Lifestyle, Wife(s?), Kid/s) and the work backwards to pick what you should do now.

Once you have made that choice though and think its the wrong one don't be afraid to admit it. I picked the "wrong" Uni course for me (One that I liked but had no chance of getting me what I wanted) and when I realised this I made sure my degree wasn't forgotten I just started working on the other side of things as well.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information