Thread: Lotus confirm British GT campaign

Lotus confirm British GT campaign

Lotus Sport has confirmed that it has reached an agreement with the Cadena team to bring the Lotus Exige GT3 into the British GT Championship this season.

The team, to be branded as Lotus Sport Cadena, will field two cars in the British series this season with the view being to enter the FIA European GT3 Championship in 2007 and Cadena's Paul Whight said the focus for the first season would be on developing the new car for the future.

“This will be a year of discovery for Lotus Sport Cadena,” he said. “We expect to sign four drivers very shortly, and look forward to working very closely with Lotus Sport to develop both the team and the cars during the 2006 season. Looking beyond 2006, we have our sights on the FIA European GT3 Championship in 2007 so we will view this year as one of development for the future.”

The two-year agreement will see Lotus supply a minimum of two Exige GT3 race cars – the model being based on the new Exige S coupe. Weighing in at approximately 750kg and powered by a race prepared 1.8 2ZZ-GE VVTL-i engine with a Roots type supercharger and air-to-air intercooler, the car has an impressive power to weight ratio of 380hp/tonne – staying true to the Lotus philosophy of ‘performance through light weight'.

“We see this as the essential next stage in the development of the Lotus Sport Exige GT3 race car,” Lotus Sport general manager Chris Arnold said. “The British GT Series is a very competitive championship and features some very exciting racing as well as some fine cars, drivers and teams.

“Although this is not a full factory team, we are working closely together to build the Lotus Sport brand in GT racing for global success in the future. Lotus has a fine tradition in GT sportscar racing over more than 50 years, and I am delighted to see Lotus Sport Cadena on the grid for 2006.”

Nice to see the Lotus name return to the track.
    Who knows ...... IF the F1 Adminsitration really make entry to F1 lower cost, we may see them back ( hey I can dream can't I )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Nice to see the Lotus name return to the track.
    Who knows ...... IF the F1 Adminsitration really make entry to F1 lower cost, we may see them back ( hey I can dream can't I )
    It is nice to see Lotus return to racing. I want one

Did you see the newest issue of F1 Racing mag? It said that it costs £1.5 billion a year right now

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by stian1979
    Hope GM see the F1 as a nice arene for promotion and enters with lotus.
    Why don't you go find out when was the last time GM worked with Lotus.............
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Why don't you go find out when was the last time GM worked with Lotus.............
    Opel Speedster.
    Both of us know that Germans can make something like that on there own without screwing it up with electric windows, servo and other luxury shit. Did you see what gordon muray say about the new mclaren mercedes?

Thread Information