Thread: shortening music tracks

shortening music tracks

ok, Either I'm missing something really obvious, but I've got a song or two that I want to edit back. I've got a cover of Smoke on the Water that has about two minutes of dead space at the end of the song, then some dude talks, or something.

Is there and easy and/or free way of killing that off to just the song?

itunes allows you to do it (if ur puttin it on an iPod or saving it in itunes) or u can use sound forge.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

^^^Thanks man. I'm using Windows Media; It looks like this Sound Forge Dealie is exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a program called Audacitiy Id be welcome to share with you. Its great for all your audio needs..
    We backmasked "Hit me baby one more time" by Britany Spears to get the hidden slutty message
    All about the t-tops

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    This is when a Creative sound card and Creative MediaSource Player comes in handy. You can re-record directly from the sound output, you can even set some sound enhancements prior to recording if you like.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    This is when a Creative sound card and Creative MediaSource Player comes in handy. You can re-record directly from the sound output, you can even set some sound enhancements prior to recording if you like.
    I got a dedicated bit of editing software with my Creative card. No re-recording neccessary.
    Thanks for all the fish

Adobe Audition will allow you to do it. Most audio file editors you find on google will also do it. Just download one with a trial period and cut the end off.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    I have a program called Audacitiy Id be welcome to share with you. Its great for all your audio needs..
    We backmasked "Hit me baby one more time" by Britany Spears to get the hidden slutty message
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net (hope the url works!) you could do this in Movie Maker, but be ready for it to be at 192 Kbps

Here in germany Nero-Burning-Rom (love this pun) is the most used programm for creating cd-roms.
    It comes with NeroWaveEditor which I often used for editing soundfiles.
    If you have it you should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman

ok, Either I'm missing something really obvious, but I've got a song or two that I want to edit back. I've got a cover of Smoke on the Water that has about two minutes of dead space at the end of the song, then some dude talks, or something.

Is there and easy and/or free way of killing that off to just the song?
    iTunes has this built in. just edit the information of the song, click the stop time button and enter in the time that the song should end. i did this to this playlist so the first song is the first half of the Office theme and the last part is the Handbags and Gladrags part of the same song.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net (hope the url works!) you could do this in Movie Maker, but be ready for it to be at 192 Kbps
    That's the best thing you've ever posted.

Have a Gold Star...

looking to shorten songs? possibly to 60 songs? possibly to 1 minute each? down load ipowerhour....enof said.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    That's the best thing you've ever posted.

Have a Gold Star...
    yay! a gold star!

Thanks for the help, you guys.

I grabbed Sound Forge and clipped off the end of that song. It worked like a charm. I'll have to use it to shorten more songs, so I can fit more music when I burn discs.

Thread Information