Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Bloody' tourism ads banned

'Bloody' tourism ads banned

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E1702,00.html

09mar06

BRITISH broadcasting authorities have banned the use of the latest advertisements promoting Australian tourism, which feature the slogan "Where the bloody hell are you?".

Federal Tourism Minister Fran Bailey said in a statement the ban by the UK's Broadcast Advertising Clearance Centre was comical.
    "How anyone can take offence at a beautiful girl in a bikini on a sunny beach inviting them to visit Down Under is a mystery to me," Ms Bailey said.

Tourism Australia managing director Scott Morrison said he understood UK free-to-air TV stations had been refused permission to use the ads.

"We know from our research and all the research we did over there that people are not offended by this, particularly the people we are trying to talk to," Mr Morrison said.

He said he was not upset by the ban and hoped that publicity surrounding it would provide a further boost for the campaign.

"Everything helps," Mr Morrison said.

Mr Morrison said the ban, which applied only to the use of the word "bloody" on commercial television, was "a marketer's dream".

"The PR (public relations) that will be driving the campaign in the UK next week is going to be unprecedented," he said.

"We would have preferred the ad to run the way we first made it, but we can still run it the way it is cut now, which says 'where the hell are you?'," Mr Morrison said.

"It is not as if it is not going to be shown on UK television.

"It will be shown. It will just have that slight adjustment to it.

"It will be run in its original format on the internet, in cinemas and everywhere else."

The campaign will be officially launched in the UK on Monday
    HAHAHAHAHA What a bloody joke
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Bloody hell

I hear plenty worse language on the BBC like the 'f' word etc so what's up with the bloody poms eh?

I guess it should come as no surprise, theres a few other things i know of that get heavily censored for the UK market
    I am the Stig

Ugh. What a bunch of wankers.

Why do they mollycoddle us?

They won't even show tits in adverts

BUT one of my friends went to live out there, apparently they're not as laid back as they presume to be... she moved back here within the month because she got suspended for pulling some guy on a Geography trip.

I want to be in Prague, Czechville
    You must be crazy !

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    BUT one of my friends went to live out there, apparently they're not as laid back as they presume to be... she moved back here within the month because she got suspended for pulling some guy on a Geography trip.
    Yeah...that'd get you suspended alright..

Wheres "there" btw?
    I am the Stig

^Where the Bloody hell are you?

I'm Guessing here or there.....

Shmeh, if the Britons want to ban the ad let them, it's already been downloaded 100,000 times from the Australian Tourism site. So it's like banning it after the horse has bolted, so to speak.

Bloody Poms
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Bloody stupid.

Dont' get all het up about ift guys.

Some idiot somewhere will have complained and the way they are over here in "new-Labour-land" they'll have listened

The Renault ad with the "shaking ass" got moved to after 9pm after 20 odd people complained !!!

BLODDY nanny BLOODY state BLOODY new-labour BLOODY Blair.

Dont' worry guys we still kno wit would be bloody good to go to Oz

The "free ot air" bit tho might give an indication that it may only be at some TIMES it's getting banned ?
    Liek yeah it woudln't be ideal during toddler TV "watch with mummy" shows> So this MAY be an exageration.
    Nothing woudl stop it coming during most programs from 6pm on ..... there may be a little over-reaction by the advertiser --- after all it gets them MORE attentino than the original ad will
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I recently heard the magic 'c' word (female related) funnelled out at 5.30pm on free-to-air SBS TV

In my State of NSW its apparently legal to tell a cop to f-off right to his face, due to a Magistrate ruling that 'f' is now common vernacular, not likely to reasonably offend. I bet you'd still get bashed though

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    I recently heard the magic 'c' word (female related)
    so that will be Credit card
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

No See You Next Tuesday

Where is that bloody Ron moss bloody oth

Yeah i wouldn't want a 1 year old running around the house yelling wheres my bloody bottle wheres me bloody dinner wheres me bloody toys

I just came back from some shopping saw this an a shop window: "What the hell are you looking at?"... Thought it was pretty original to think of it...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Sounds like Rove mccmanis What the!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    so that will be Credit card
    Yep everything female-related that begins with 'c' is going to cost us guys .. but its gotta be better than a pain in the 'a'

Forgot to mention but SBS is the multicuntural 'ethnic' TV station so for viewer convenience the 'c' word was also presented in captions for your eyes, in case you thought you misheard it with your ears

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Yep everything female-related that begins with 'c' is going to cost us guys .. but its gotta be better than a pain in the 'a'

Forgot to mention but SBS is the multicuntural 'ethnic' TV station so for viewer convenience the 'c' word was also presented in captions for your eyes, in case you thought you misheard it with your ears
    My friends son told me he sore a gay flick and called his mum to come and see and she said she couldn't believe her eyes, They were dancing with bananas in the tunnel and mud cake This was SBS

Thread Information