Thread: Where do you get your kits?

Where do you get your kits?

Ok, I have on website I use frequently because its is Canadian (as am I), and geographically their warehouse if very close to me, so i save on shipping. However they seem to be focusing much more on RC related stuff instead of plastic models (in particular cars).

With summer break coming up I plan on getting back to building, but I was wondering if any of you guys knew some websites I'd be able to use for ordering. I'm mainly interested in doing street cars (I've done a Modena, Skyline, and Enzo since I've gotten more serious about kits), although I do have a Tamyia CLK-GTR laying around waiting to be built.

Any suggestions would be great guys

www.hlj.com
    (Hobbylink Japan), gets you all the Japanese stuff much cheaper.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    www.hlj.com
    (Hobbylink Japan), gets you all the Japanese stuff much cheaper.
    The 1/12 Tamiya F50 looks good at £46, but then there's the £40 P&P...Still saving quite a bit but I'm not a huge fan of the F50...I'll keep looking. Thanks for the site
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thanks Henk, that website looks fairly promising, and shipping is something that I can swallow.

Other than the crappy $20 Walmart model kits I used to build when I was young, the only type I've worked with is Tamiya. I'm assuming Fujimi isn't too far off the mark?

Also, i'm thinking about cheap alternatives to display cases. Basically all I want is a little wooden base (which I could varnish myself for that matter) and a glass box to sit over top of the model. I suppose to be most economical (university student here ) I'd be better off just buying some materials and fashioning something myself, no?

LTT- try www.1999.co.jp modelers say that place is slightly cheaper than hlj and they have pics of whats inside the box and the instructions. Wal-
    Mart sells great cases(the ERTL ones) at a price cheaper than that of most other places and they're usually in perfect condition.
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Thanks, another good site. Although the actual price is a bit cheaper, it seems they have higher shipping costs. Still good to get a veiw of what the kit comes with though!

And thanks for the heads up on the case, I'll look into that.

Thread Information