Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEON lights & and hydraulics In Australia

NEON lights & and hydraulics In Australia

Hows it goin pplz

I was just wonderin what the law is for having NEON lights (under ur car) and hydraulics? mainly in NSW. does anyone know?
    i think its illegal! but some people say its allowed im not sure!!!
    “Nothin like da feelin of da pedal 2 da metal”

Hydraulics are thourgly illegal the only thing you can do like that is air bag suspension....and all the stuff you go through with that (RTA cheaks engieneers certificates etc etc) hardly seem worth while.
    And neon lights are only legal when stationary or if their clear you can use them driving around...but again it hardly seems to have any point...and youll be suprised how many people get in trouble for haveing them too. Not to mention how easily broken they are.

In the U.S it's Illegal to have red or blue neons. Maybe it's the same over there, and about Hydraulics I don't know.

Who would want to stick neons on their car anyway?

Haven't you got a local police station you can drop in on to ask?
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    In the U.S it's Illegal to have red or blue neons. Maybe it's the same over there, and about Hydraulics I don't know.
    some places in the US its illegal to have any color of neons. blue and red lights, neons etc aren't liked very much by the law because they can resemble a police cars lights, and they dont seem to like that

as far as i know, your not allowed neons underneath your car, but i dunno if theyre allowed, say, in your engine bay.....

hydraulics ive got no idea but i havent seen anyone with them so i can only guess theyre illegal. my dad used to have airbags on the back of his 80 series, but he got rid of them when he uprated the springs after the wheels kept rubbing on the guards
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    as far as i know, your not allowed neons underneath your car, but i dunno if theyre allowed, say, in your engine bay.....

hydraulics ive got no idea but i havent seen anyone with them so i can only guess theyre illegal. my dad used to have airbags on the back of his 80 series, but he got rid of them when he uprated the springs after the wheels kept rubbing on the guards
    Neons are aloud under the car but if their colourd they can only be on while stationary.
    And as i said air bags are the only legal way to go in this country and even then its a pain to make the RTA happy.....

well unless you own a car less than 10 years old with no modifications, the RTA's always going to find something to pick faults at. i knew this guy that had a 4.0L Toyota Soarer (to many peoples disbelief its a Toyota Soarer, not a Lexus Soarer) who had airbag suspension but unlike my dads landcruiser where you had to manually pump the air into them, the Soarer had a pump in the car that could electronically do it all from a controller in the glove box. he had a couple of out of place things on the car, like a DVD player hooked up to the TV in the dash, the suspension as mentioned but the funniest was probably that all the buttons on the dash were all still in Japanese
    I am the Stig

Grey imports....
    Chances are good he got the car like that too...but airbage unless came out on the car as standard equpiment eg chev impala (some models) and magnas and stuff its a real pain to pass it stret machine had a big write up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseTSi
    some places in the US its illegal to have any color of neons. blue and red lights, neons etc aren't liked very much by the law because they can resemble a police cars lights, and they dont seem to like that
    In Florida I believe red and blue are the only ones prohibited by law because they represent cops' lights. But any other colors are legal. I have seen many cars with green neons and I have a girl_friend who has purple neons on her car and she hasn't had any problem.

Also the tire valve caps with lights cannot be red or blue.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    unlike my dads landcruiser where you had to manually pump the air into them, the Soarer had a pump in the car that could electronically do it all from a controller in the glove box.
    You can hook up the airbag suspension that your old man had to an underbonnet pump pretty easily. A few people do. Makes it convenient to pump up the rear when you get a little stuck.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

well he had them removed ages ago, but just a couple of weeks ago he put the car up on the hoist i think cause when he put the 100 series engine in afte the 8- series carked it from the turbo, the transmission was making this bashing noise against the body every so often so he was trying to see what it could be. whilst he had it up, the air lines to where the airbags used to be were still cable tied in place so he got me to remove them and the valve for them just went to a place next to the fuel cap i think. but year im sure it wouldnt take much to get an onboard compressor to pump them up like the Soarer had
    I am the Stig

do u guys know if it is illegal 2 have neon valve caps on while your are driving becuase they sell them in stores and they only work when you are moving

i dont know but you definately can still get defected by off the shelf items
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by stoka133
    do u guys know if it is illegal 2 have neon valve caps on while your are driving becuase they sell them in stores and they only work when you are moving
    Honestly why wouldyou want them?

Thread Information