Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 240sx questions

Id look for a SR20DET over the internet.
    Or better yet...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/search...archid=3204119

Quote Originally Posted by 240sxdrift89
    I havent looked yet but will de soon
    I was wondering if there would be any problems that would come up when putting in a DOHC into a 1990 hatch
    thanks for the help so far
    Can't say for sure, AFAIK only the head is different, so shouldn't be a prob.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Let's see if this helps... all found in 5 min with a little bit of googling...

Posible engine swap list:

http://klohiq.tripod.com/cars/240sx/swap.html

Where to look for engines:

http://klohiq.tripod.com/cars/240sx/swap_links.html

Photo series of a SR20DET Into a 240SX:

http://www.superstreetonline.com/howto/3430/

Do have a lot of precaution when purchasing the engine as most of the times you don't really know what you are getting. Read a lot of forums and check previous experiences from other people.

Good luck and we'll be a expecting a photo in the "users rides" section...
    Zag when they Zig

there should be 240SX owners clubs and things over there like we have silvia/200SX clubs here with tens of thousand of members. Theyll have the knowledge and locations of stuff you can get thatll be much cheaper then a junkyard and prolly in better nick too.
    The Datto will rage again...

i just looked at those links and holcy crap you guys get owned! $4000 for a stock SR20DET engine from an S14?? im selling my whole engine/gearbox package with new bigger turbo, manifold, dump pipe, heavy duty clutch, lightened flywheel and other stuff for 4K...
    The Datto will rage again...

yeh we get jipped here cause of shipping and company mark ups but you can find some cheaper.

btw there are some mods you would have to make to get a DOHC engine in your 90 hatch.
    1 the power steering lines & reservour have to be moved to the other side(the sohc has it on the pass side, dohc on driver side), you have to get a new air intake as the inlet on the intake manifold of the sohc is higher than on the intake manifold of the dohc, wiring harness has to be switched or mods to the stock be done and you have to change the ecu or you can also mod it to accept the sohc ecu(which is quite recommended as the sohc has better timing maps than the dohc).

another thing you can do to get a little more power for a dohc is to swap the pistons from the sohc you allready have into a dohc, that will raise the static compression to somewhere in the 10's:1 area, if you get a 91-93 dohc you should be fine with the cams in it, if you get a 95 and up dohc, the cams are a bit weaker than those of the 91-93(the ecu tune got more aggressive on 95-up so thats why it makes up for the difference of the lower duration cams)

btw there is a nissan/infiniti owners club website, allready pm'ed to him.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Thanks for the help so far.
    The scoop is i just dont have a ton of money to dump into this car so im looking into junkyards to hopefully find a good running ka24de that can get put into the car. The guy who is helping me look through the junkyards just wanted to know if there was any other cars he could take a running engine out of and not have any huge problems come up.I just want to get this car up and running because im tired of my jeep and want to go faster.

Hey as for the wiring harness when switching from SOHC to DOHC is it possible that i can just use the wiring tht is already on the DOHc or so i have to buy a whole new set. Or is the modifing easier please need reply soon.

no, the injector wiring harness isn't the same i believe, there's also other things that aren't the same, i've explained it allready, another thing you'd have to change is the MAFS and change the IAT for a EGR type that the DOHC engine uses, go to that site i sent you in pm and search SOHC to DOHC swap, you will find more info there.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

oh i didnt know you pmed me thanks

I didnt get the pm you sent me would appreicate it if you sent another thanks

Thread Information