Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 Second car

He didn't say 13-flat so technically in 1/4 mile-speak that could be 13.9 seconds. Not too difficult with a variety of cheap 90s' cars: Mustang, Camaro, Eclipse/Talon turbo AWDs, and Civic with the right stikkaz.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    You serios CS ?
    13 seconds is about the best you can get out of a street FWD.
    A well tuned road going AWD/RWD will get low 12s.
    Well, if your main criteria for a car is that it needs to be "13 seconds" you are unlikely to be looking at small FWD hatchbacks, more towards RWD V8 coupes which should be more likely to achieve that time.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    We don't turn in America. When we want to make a left or right turn at an intersection, we drive the car onto a twisting-turntable, and then spin it towards the direction we want to go. Then we continue driving.
    ...but still, you guys refuse to take the train.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

13's? No problem!

1997 Toyota MR2, JDM. Toyota Supra 1999, Mazda RX7 Spirit R 2002 JDM. Or a Subaru STI 2006. Evolution Mitsubishi 2006, Mustang GT 2006, Chevy Camaro 2002. Or a used Dodge SRT4 with mopar stage3 upgrades. Well i dont know which is exactly the cheapest but just a small example of some 13sec cars i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Why no LT1 F-bods? 13 second cars out of the box, and you can find then cheap in good condition with decent miles.

hahaha 13 second cars out of the box? not even close. mid-high 14's depending on how good of a driver you are. throw some exhaust and a set of gears and maybe a cam in one and you could have yourself a 13 second car with ease tho. hell my car prob runs mid 14's and i dust LT1's all day long. their heavy and have really tall gearing to cruise the highway with. ive got plenty of experience with the 4th gen f-bodies so i know about em. im not saying they are hard to make into a 13 second car tho nor are they all that expensive. both of your points were correct but a fox body is much much more affordable and just a better platform all around.

i love how all you ignorant foriegners talk. blah blah blah. u guys love making fun of drag racing but when your driving your car on the street its great to feel the acceleration of a fast car. take turns fast and you just spill your drink (haha joke). but seriousley u guys need to lay off the whole making fun of 1/4 mile/american cars can't handle thing. most of you guys have no room to talk anyways. besides do you have any idea how much more affordable it is to go to a drag track than a road track? its rediculous!! i couldnt even ever afford to take my car to the road course but to get to the drag strip its like 15 bucks. maybe thats one reason why drag racing is so popular here. but you guys have no idea about it and you just bash and bash. GROW UP! also american cars don't even handle bad. thats just a dumb stereotype. you guys love using american stereotypes but if somebody makes a stereotype about your country you have a hissy fit. nice double standard guys. who cares? you like what you like. maybe you should give it a try sometime. there is a lot more skill involved in it than you think. also i never see anybody make fun all you guys who are like that car sucks because its top speed is slower than a ferrari enzo. nobody ever says anything about the top speed nazis that seem to be all over this board. how often do you get to a cars top speed? almost never. at least a fast 1/4 mile car has acceleration that you use all the time. i like you guys but you are some of the most BIASED/IGNORANT people i have ever had the oppourtunity to chat with online. cool it down allright?

Tomodachi- he said cheapest. none of those cars you mentioned are cheap.
    Last edited by Juggs; 05-25-2006 at 01:21 PM.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Juggs, we get WAY cheaper trackdays than you clearly get.
    Local hillclimb track was £10 for the nigth to do as many runs as you coudl fit in --- mate got 10
    Local race track ( hosts British Superbikes and BTCC and single seaters ) is £40 for "hot hatch" trackdays no limit on laps.
    Local Crail does the drag strip AND the short spritn track for £50 for the day ( we usually opt for 4 hours of track and an hour of two of drag at the end.

You need tor drive more cars befroe decalring US cars dont' handle bad
    I've driven msot of the home gronw and the improts are shockgin compared the the supposdely same vehicle over here.
    It's a market difference .... being fair, American visitors in our hire cars complain about the steering, suspension and ride Too much going on with the stiffer setups.

Who has had a "hissy fit" about sterotypes fo their countires ?
    We dont get upset as we KNOW it a stereotype and can accept that as a humourous item.
    Your issue might be that ( unlik ours ) you know the stereotype to be true and dont want to admit it ?

So lets put "sterotyping" to bed --- trackdays are CHEAP
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    ...but still, you guys refuse to take the train.
    In my area, taking the train would make little sense. Considering everything is about a 5-10 minute drive (school, work, mall, stores, friends), taking the train is obselete compared to just driving.

In my area, taking the train would make little sense. Considering everything is about a 5-10 minute drive (school, work, mall, stores, friends), taking the train is obselete compared to just driving.
    In that case, if everything is so close by, it sounds like it would make more sense if you rode your bike then.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

We don't turn in America. When we want to make a left or right turn at an intersection, we drive the car onto a twisting-turntable, and then spin it towards the direction we want to go. Then we continue driving.
    Actually, us americans do turn, you unpatriotic fool. We powerslide while runnin' from dem cops while carryin' that moonshine. Yee-Ha!!!!!!
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    In that case, if everything is so close by, it sounds like it would make more sense if you rode your bike then.
    I don't have a bike, it got stolen.

matra track days are EXPENSIVE here. i live about 15 mins away from 2 different tracks. neither of which would i ever be able to afford to take my car out on. unless im in like a porsche club or somethin just taking your car out there is rediculousley priced. i have driven plenty of import cars and i can honestly say american cars dont handle nearly as bad as you guys make them out to be. i can def accept some stereotypes as funny, its not even like that. but a lot of the comments coming from people on here arent even meant as a joke their just unfounded opinions and its annoying to hear it on almost every single thread you read on here. and no believe me if it was true i'd admit it because i prob would find it funny if that were actually the case
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Ehh?

Its called Ignorance Juggs! And its here to stay. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    i love how all you ignorant foriegners talk. blah blah blah.
    It's funny how easy Americans find it to split the world definatively into two halves, with no possible middle ground.

You're either American and proud or a USA-bashing "foriegner".

You call people "ignorant" for not knowing that track days in the USA are expensive?

Well, you don't know that track days outside the USA are cheap, so that must make you just as ignorant, right?

u guys love making fun of drag racing but when your driving your car on the street its great to feel the acceleration of a fast car.

I love drag racing, and I've been loads of times. I think that top fuel dragster racing is something that everyone should experience in person.

The actual racing itself isn't really that exciting IMHO, but as a spectacle and a day out it is quite fun.

And yes, acceleration is fun.

Thing is though - on a race track you accelerate hard out of every corner.
    If there are 10 corners - that's 10 "drags" per lap, and you get the additional enjoyment from cornering and braking that you can't experience on a drag run.

You couldn't run a 5s dragster round a circuit, but you certainly can run a potential-13s car round a circuit, and you can do it for much longer than 13s.

Probably why many people prefer circuits.

but you guys have no idea about it and you just bash and bash. GROW UP!
    And you have no idea about what it is like over here, and you bash us...

also american cars don't even handle bad.
    Well, surely some must, otherwise why would anyone think that they were bad in the first place?

who cares?
    Apart from you?

you like what you like. maybe you should give it a try sometime.
    So why do you get so upset when we say we don't like drag racing or NASCAR that much?

What was it you were saying about double standards again?

you are some of the most BIASED/IGNORANT people i have ever had the oppourtunity to chat with online. cool it down allright?
    You're just as biased, because you seem to be only thinking of things in terms of YOUR "American" views and experiences, and ignoring the fact that us "foriegners" do things differently.

Why should foreigners be forced to take the view point that "Americans like drag racing - therefore we shouldn't say it is rubbish"?

Why shouldn't Americans take the view point that "Foreigners don't like drag racing - therefore we should stop trying to ram how great it is down their throats"?

It swings both ways...
    Thanks for all the fish

matra track days are EXPENSIVE here.
    yes. Suspected so
    So YOU have learned somethign and can understand WHY handlign is important and ejoyable to us.
    Something you seemed to struggle to accept when we highlight the limit of drag.
    i live about 15 mins away from 2 different tracks. neither of which would i ever be able to afford to take my car out on. unless im in like a porsche club or somethin just taking your car out there is rediculousley priced. i have driven plenty of import cars and i can honestly say american cars dont handle nearly as bad as you guys make them out to be.
    WHY do we keep needing to repeat this ....

US imported cars are running suspension setups DIFFERENT from RoW.
    I even pointed that out in the last post and you either deliberately ignore it or didnt' read
    Grey imports from Japan of "performance" cars run even stiffer setups than WE get and handle better again --- but not enjoyable over rough roads
    We don't confuse judging the values of each.
    i can def accept some stereotypes as funny, its not even like that. but a lot of the comments coming from people on here arent even meant as a joke their just unfounded opinions and its annoying to hear it on almost every single thread you read on here. and no believe me if it was true i'd admit it because i prob would find it funny if that were actually the case
    Well it definately looks true based on what you yourself are saying
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    You serios CS ?
    13 seconds is about the best you can get out of a street FWD.
    A well tuned road going AWD/RWD will get low 12s.
    Pretty much any bike will do 11s
    I'm gonna have to disagree. There's a few daily driven 12 second and less FWD cars at my school. Most of them are SRT4's with Stage 2 and 3 Mopar upgrades. And there's also a VR-T Jetta running around my area that runs 11.7 on street tires.

Maybe you Europeans just suck at drag racing.

And if you really want to go fast in a straight line for cheap, it's already been said: Fox Mustang 5.0...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information