Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Ram SRT10 Is the Worlds Fastest Pickup?? Not Anymore

I must go with the notion that Utes are not pick-up trucks. Until I see that a Ute can do everything a pick-up can do, I will continue to believe this.

What can a pick-up truck do that a ute can't?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    That's not even a real pick-up truck and it's not in production...you lose...
    it's been in production for two years... i know two people who own one.. it's HSV's best selling model iirc.
    and according to GWR, a pick up is any vehicle 'with a tray that extends for a third of the vehicles length'
    i fail to see how they are not pick up trucks, because we've accepted that 90% of the time we're not going off road?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    How much can ute's haul in the bed, how much can they tow, how good do they do offroad?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Which is?

And I just remembered something actually. After we kindly sent you the GTO, and the UAE acted like dickheads, there was this whole big thing about other Holdens going to the US. The ute, particularly the SS, was right up there, as potential replacement for the El Camino. The SS is the ute the Maloo is based on, used to have the LS1, now has the L76. 6-speed, IRS, all the fruit. Honestly, it would've sold damn well I reckon. But the UAE wasn't going to allow it. So y'all missed out.
    Can't import ANYTHING newer then 25 years. Regerding Cars. Damn.

Which is?

And I just remembered something actually. After we kindly sent you the GTO, and the UAE acted like dickheads, there was this whole big thing about other Holdens going to the US. The ute, particularly the SS, was right up there, as potential replacement for the El Camino. The SS is the ute the Maloo is based on, used to have the LS1, now has the L76. 6-speed, IRS, all the fruit. Honestly, it would've sold damn well I reckon. But the UAE wasn't going to allow it. So y'all missed out.
    The UAE didn't stop ute imports but their federal govt did, via a weirdly absurd 25% USA import-protection tax from the early 1960s known as the Chicken Tax

http://www.thestalwart.com/the_stalwart/auto/index.html (1st item)

Indeed

What our utes CAN do is stop steer and go (world's fastest lol) better than any other load-carrier - including those primitive & tippy US flabsters

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Well it never was true ..

All the Americans got was a bullshit advertising campaign from Dodge which falsely claimed their 2006-model SRT-10 was supposedly the "world's fastest pickup" It never was

Meanwhile in the real world (Australia) that ACTUAL vehicle model has been on sale here since April 2004

I wonder how long dodge.com will keep this crap (below) on their website?
    LOL It's it's like George Dabya if no-one knows it's not true then it's all good.
    HSV Should use this on there website, Worlds Fastest Pickup-Ute in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens
    GM owns Holden right? So it would be fairly easy to rebody it and bring it to the states as a Chevy model. I wish they would because a truck like that would be perfect for my practical needs, and with a V8 all my needs.
    There is a chance they might do it when the next all new model goes on sale, But you might need to wait till 2008?.
    Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    We have something like that, Its called the baja

That Maloo is pretty cool looking, but how are they off-road?
    The Maloo is the work site Ute you drive to look good and go fast in They might only take a max of 600kg in the rear including towing.
    But thats why they made the Crewman and Crewman Cross 8. Both bigger longer version of the Holden Ute and they seat 5 and comes in RWD and AWD. And it's towing capacity was massive compared the the Utes. 2.5 tonne they can move. HSV made there own version of the crewman also but unfortunately it didn't come with the LS2 still runs with the LS1, But you can option a Supercharger So if it was Off Road the Crewman Cross 8 version would be the best with better ground Clearance and AWD and able to tow and carry 5 time more.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    How much can ute's haul in the bed, how much can they tow, how good do they do offroad?
    There are many differnt ute models in Australia, But i will base my answers on the holden HSV ute models only. There are 3 version of the Utes, 1 is 2 seats with a IRS Suspension, the other is 5 seats with Leaf Spring rear. Then there is the 5 seat one with AWD.

How much can they haul in the Rear.. According to holdens website. Payload in KG 817kg.... Gross combined mass (GCM kg) 3805kg... That's the 2 door ute.
    4 door ute. 1067kg.. Gross Combined mass (GCM kg) 4716 kg... That's the 4 door version.

Towing the 2 door ute can tow 1600kg. The 4 door ute can tow From 1600kg to 2500kg.

The 2 door ute is very limited it's IRS so you wouldnt want to go any further then bad roads nothing to adventures.
    The 4 Door version sits on leaf springs it would go further but again not to far.
    The 4 door version with AWD better ground Clearence might get you around on the farm pretty good down the beach loose road big bumps etc it would be the best of the 3 to go Off road, But it's not a 4WD like a Disco. But i think your trucks wouldnt be also.
    Here are the 3 versions.

"Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

About the same towing ability as a honda ridgeline, quite pathetic.

Load carrying is as Slick said, plus one metric ton for the one tonner models
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Again, its what they're used for. That's more than enough towing for your average tradie, most people in Australia who want to tow something big get a 4x4, Landcruiser, Patrol etc.
    – Hunter Thompson

It could tow a Dodge SRT10 and all the parts it would need to catch up to the WORLDS FASTEST UTILITY HSV MALOO R8
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Again, its what they're used for. That's more than enough towing for your average tradie, most people in Australia who want to tow something big get a 4x4, Landcruiser, Patrol etc.
    But you aussie's are comparing these utes that aren't used for towing and hauling a lot of stuff, to american pick ups that are used for towing and hauling a lot of stuff.

i really dont see the american style pickups and utes as being the same thing, they dont compare

Quote Originally Posted by thatdbeme
    i really dont see the american style pickups and utes as being the same thing, they dont compare
    But that'd be you....ok so what if im bored.

Thread Information