Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Classic Cars

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Actually I have found that most instant classic of all classics. Morgan Plus 8 ... it's a classic the second it's built
    I kind of agree with you but in a way they're cheating - it's basically a 60's classic anyway! The brand new one, designed by that student - that'll be a classic!
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

I think the 1998 trans am will be worth money some day because it was the first year for the LS1.
    I dont think the Gallardo will because they do produce alot for being an exotic. Its kinda the 360 of Lambo.
    I also think the Z06 will be worth something because of its ability but they do produce quite a few.
    I also think the XJ220 value will go up because it is a pretty special car.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    I think the 1998 trans am will be worth money some day because it was the first year for the LS1..
    Forgot about the Yank tanks, good point!

I dont think the Gallardo will because they do produce alot for being an exotic. Its kinda the 360 of Lambo.
    I don't think that matters, it's the first Lambo that can truly give a Ferrari a run for it's money in every sense: practicality, speed, driveability, don't need perma-tan!

I also think the Z06 will be worth something because of its ability but they do produce quite a few..
    First proper US sportscar? Probably a classic, yeah.

I also think the XJ220 value will go up because it is a pretty special car.
    If it had been fitted with the V12 as originally planned rather than a Metro engine, then yeah - but I think that spoils its value as a true classic and will definitely affect its ability to appreciate.
    Last edited by MrKipling; 07-06-2006 at 08:46 AM.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Peugeot 406 coupe
    Renault Clio V6
    Last edited by dimlight; 07-06-2006 at 08:42 AM.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower
    MX-5 is too mass production although not a bad car it lacks the power to attract.

240z anyone? Mx-5 is a future classic.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    240z anyone?
    That's already a classic. And it's more than 23 years old, meeting FIVA regulations for the homologation as a classic car.

I had forgot the Clio V6. Nice entrance. Surely a very desirable future classic.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    That's already a classic. And it's more than 23 years old, meeting FIVA regulations for the homologation as a classic car.

yes i know, but it was mass produced and popular and not very powerful much like the mx-5. I guess i should connect the dots for people more than i have been lately.
    You can call me scott.

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    - 1994-'96 Chevy Impala SS - Already considered a classic by many; arguably the best American sedan of the 1990's
    - 1991 Ford Explorer - In my mind, the car that really got the SUV ball rolling
    - Infiniti G35 Coupe - One of the best-looking Japanese cars ever exported to America
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

MX-5
    Smart Roadster
    Gallardo
    Clio V6
    Pagani Zonda F

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    If it had been fitted with the V12 as originally planned rather than a Metro engine, then yeah - but I think that spoils its value as a true classic and will definitely affect its ability to appreciate.
    Precisely. And the fact that Jaguar themselves still have about 12 un-claimed XJ220s at their 'secret lair' with 0 miles on the clock, but nobody actually wants them is a nice enough evidence to void it's chance of being a true classic. However, it is just so damn beautiful, in my heart it will be a classic ... just not your typical classic. Interior is disappointing though.

XJ220s are worth about £70k now. Expensive to run but for that price, I think the XJ220 is excellent value for money seeing as you're getting something that is often compared to the Ferrari F50. And as i said, it's REALLY REALLY sexy

Edit: Oh - and if nobody's mentioned it yet ... the original Jaguar XKR/XK8 and Aston DB7 are definite classics (The Aston especially).
    Last edited by :Exige:; 07-06-2006 at 12:23 PM.

You guys forgot about the Type R's! The Civics, Integras and the Accord would probably be future classics, although you'd probably find fartcans on the ones that do survive.

ID say the BF FPV GT-P
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    You guys forgot about the Type R's! The Civics, Integras and the Accord would probably be future classics, although you'd probably find fartcans on the ones that do survive.
    The Integra-R and NSX-R I would guess will be classics. I'm not so sure about the Civic Type-R however, because of its 'boy-racer-ish' reputation and the Civic and Accord's assosiations with econoboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    The Integra-R and NSX-R I would guess will be classics. I'm not so sure about the Civic Type-R however, because of its 'boy-racer-ish' reputation and the Civic and Accord's assosiations with econoboxes.
    As long as they weren't molested by ricers I guess it would count.

Ford Racing Puma (rare more than anything)
    Peugeot Mi-16 varients of the 205 and 405
    Toyota Hilux pick-ups?

Thread Information