Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Before i leave for a holiday in Italy...

Before i leave for a holiday in Italy...

Before i leave for a holiday i justed wanted to get this of my chest:

In recent weeks/months the quality of the content of the forum has decreased significantly. Offcourse it always knows it's up-and-downs but this is an all-time-low. It is not just caused by one or two members but by a lot of them,partly the mod-team.

I blame the mods in general (i'm sure some do just fine) for not acting at all against some of these members(im not saying names but you know who i mean) and being a bit lazy in general(or so i seems). I feel some should have been banned now and/or atleast have a severe warning. If you don't act against it ,it will never stop and the level of content will keep decreasing.

I blame these members for not realising this is not a website for children and their childhood car-fantasies. If you want to discuss cars,do it properly please. As Jakg showed (IMHO) fairly well, you CAN adjust your behaviour rom 10 y/o to 15/16 y/o,if given some guidelines by the mods/members .

Overall i think it's a pity that you only see three or four car-related thread when looking at the "latest forum topics". It used to be 9/10 which was why i joined,a serious car site with forgiving members containing tons of information. The information stayed (and maybe even decresed a bit...) but it has been drowned in the huge mess called "F**king bullsh!t threads".

I'd be nice to find the forums back to the way they used to be when i return in two weeks. I know it aint possible,but atleast an attempt could be made.

If you mods don't like the criticism,go ahead ban me, i dont care (well i do sort of,cos ill be bored to hell...). Cya all in two weeks !!!

PostScriptum:
    dont ask me questions in this thread cos i wont look at it. I hope to be able to check my mail somewhere there,so email me instead.

We're not superheroes you know
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie

Overall i think it's a pity that you only see three or four car-related thread when looking at the "latest forum topics". It used to be 9/10 which was why i joined,a serious car site with forgiving members containing tons of information. The information stayed (and maybe even decresed a bit...) but it has been drowned in the huge mess called "F**king bullsh!t threads".
    Thats funny I just checked and counted 9. I guess this goes down in the
    "huge mess called f**king bullsh!t threads." you talked about

I dont see anything wrong with the forums honestly. Its summertime so all the kids who dont have school and like cars are stumbling on the site. And all the regulars are probably working or interning.

File this under 'F' for "F**king bullsh!t threads"
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    File this under 'F' for "F**king bullsh!t threads"
    I second that.
    The mods are doing thier jobs and doing them well, there is no reason to degrade them, and other members at all.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Unless you be more specific, drakkie, I honestly can not observe any shrotcomings on this website that you speak of.

I see nothing special. If it's true there have been some kids making useless posts (seasonal fenonenom), it's also true that the number of threads on the "technical forums" are increasing, wich must mena something.
    You're just tired of the kids. You need those vacations.
    Please shot as many Vespas and old Fiats as you can!
    Enjoy!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

It's summer in the northern hemisphere, so a lot of members are going to busy doing summer activities. The number of threads and posts always decreases significantly in summer, I noticed this the same time last year. In about 2 months everything should return to normal...

BTW Have fun in Italy

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Before i leave for a holiday i justed wanted to get this of my chest:

In recent weeks/months the quality of the content of the forum has decreased significantly. Offcourse it always knows it's up-and-downs but this is an all-time-low. It is not just caused by one or two members but by a lot of them,partly the mod-team.

I blame the mods in general (i'm sure some do just fine) for not acting at all against some of these members(im not saying names but you know who i mean) and being a bit lazy in general(or so i seems). I feel some should have been banned now and/or atleast have a severe warning. If you don't act against it ,it will never stop and the level of content will keep decreasing.

I blame these members for not realising this is not a website for children and their childhood car-fantasies. If you want to discuss cars,do it properly please. As Jakg showed (IMHO) fairly well, you CAN adjust your behaviour rom 10 y/o to 15/16 y/o,if given some guidelines by the mods/members .

I'd be nice to find the forums back to the way they used to be when i return in two weeks. I know it aint possible,but atleast an attempt could be made.

If you mods don't like the criticism,go ahead ban me, i dont care (well i do sort of,cos ill be bored to hell...). Cya all in two weeks !!!

PostScriptum:
    dont ask me questions in this thread cos i wont look at it. I hope to be able to check my mail somewhere there,so email me instead.
    I see your point, i tend to agree a bit, but more so there seems to be a lack of posting, like its almost getting boring. It might be the fact i spend 5 hours a day minimum on here though.

Here we go again...

I can understand why you're angry, and I can agree with you in most areas.. HOWEVER, for the past couple months, every time we tried to edit, or delete, or warn people for their posting habits, a few of our 'charter' members would question our motives. I'd get numerous PM's from people like (yes, I will use your names) Cotterik, Exige, Mustang, and 6'bore concerning the matter of their deleted or edited post, followed by a:

"WTF, this forum isn't what it used to be and it's all the moderators' faults. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?!?!"

But now, when we cut back on some of our editing and deleting of posts due to the members' agony, we receive threads like these. All of a sudden we're not doing enough, we just don't care I presume. BUT, you guys do not have access to the moderator forum, where we've often discussed what to do with this new-found idiocy, and it always breaks down to:

"Well, I guess if they're not breaking any rules we can't ban them. The best thing to do is probably just PM them about their posting or just warn them in the thread."

If we banned members while they haven't even broken the rules, that would make us poor leaders and bad representatives of this website.. although, it seems like that's what you want, half the time.

Now, I'm here to defend myself. I am doing my job, but usually it's unseen and unappreciated, which doesn't matter to me because I'm following the duties of my moderator position. I delete BS threads and edit links to spam or unsuitable material way before 99% of you can even see them. I spend long amounts of time in the Moderator screen searching IP's of new, questionable members, hoping to catch people like Ferrari Prinze, dquik, or Jimbo trying to rejoin under a new name even though they are in hibernation (ban). But what it all boils down to is my edit of someone's post, containing something along the lines of:

"Shut the F[_]CK up you idiot." Excuse my language.

Obviously, I'd edit this post because it breaks two obvious rules, being: Personal Insult, and use of Cussing, hell.. let's throw being an immature, childish, moron into the rules too. If I edit your post when you break the rules, don't go bitching and moaning to me, and I don't expect to be receiving any phone calls from mothers while I am at work. Thank you.

Last edited by Rockefella; 07-13-2006 at 12:12 PM.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    That's why I've never said a word, not even in PMs, when my "Rate My Sh*t" thread got deleted.

Everybody just relax, it's summer, and enjoy.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I agree in the fact that the forum has gone downhill, but I don't think we can blame only the moderators far that. A lot of bored members start making BS threads and spam the hell around, and I think I'm one of them... I'm not afraid to admit, and I decided for myself I will only make usefull threads from this time on.

Anywayz, I'll be off for vacation too from this weekend, so you guys will not have to fear any BS threads from me anymore for the next 3 weeks!!! Aren't you happy now?!?
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

i may be wrong but if i were to take a guess as to why things have changed its that the mods and the members are like 2 different teams now. it always seems to be one versus the other. its not always been the case, not too long ago the mods felt like part of the big ucp team. now every post waits to be pounced upon is some way or form. its like half life 2; combine vs rebel forces

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    i may be wrong but if i were to take a guess as to why things have changed its that the mods and the members are like 2 different teams now.
    you are right....yes you are wrong.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

i'd already predicted this sort of reaction

Thread Information