Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scion to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox
    you can change the speedometer to KM/H
    Appparently its not as simple with newer cars. My friend just bought an RSX type-S here in B.C., and he's having it shipped down to L.A. because he's going to USC. Anyways, he asked about the Kmh Mph deal, and they said that the computer inside needed to be reprogrammed or something. It sounds like a hassle, and not a cheap one either.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    Appparently its not as simple with newer cars. My friend just bought an RSX type-S here in B.C., and he's having it shipped down to L.A. because he's going to USC. Anyways, he asked about the Kmh Mph deal, and they said that the computer inside needed to be reprogrammed or something. It sounds like a hassle, and not a cheap one either.
    seems like a sheet of paper marked with the converted speeds taped behind the needle would do alright..

or just some quick math
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    seems like a sheet of paper marked with the converted speeds taped behind the needle would do alright..

or just some quick math
    Well, keep in mind that your speedometer isn't the only thing that needs to be changed, but also the odometer. That one requires a bit more than just a sheet of paper and a little math.

its all math
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock827
    the interior is more spacious that u'd think.. fit 5 ppl no problem (given that you'r all less than 6 feet tall and weight less than 200 pounds...)
    There's never been a raver over that size. Anyway, I'm actually not sure if they're still selling the Celica anywhere else in the world either. It's newest iteration was kind of "Americanized;" even styled in California. I think overseas sales were always poor for the new one.
    I was told that the Celica was dumped for the tC by a Toyota dealer, but I certainly allow for the possibility that he regularly makes up facts on the spot. At the time, I thought it made sense (and still do).

Quote Originally Posted by Volvoman
    Do you have any pictures of these cars? Are they small cars or luxury cars? Are they like a whole range of cars like a stand-alone brand? Are they suitable for Australia? I have never seen one of these cars. I am very interested.
    I'm not sure if they sell it in Australia but Toyota probably has its own badge engineered car over there if they are available in right hand drive markets.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    I'm not sure if they sell it in Australia but Toyota probably has its own badge engineered car over there if they are available in right hand drive markets.
    The only Toyota products we get here are Toyota and Lexus. Although the small cars would probably do well over here at the moment the way the price of petrol is going. We are up to about $1.45 a litre!

We are up to about $1.45 a litre!
    for the southern states perhaps..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

The only Toyota products we get here are Toyota and Lexus. Although the small cars would probably do well over here at the moment the way the price of petrol is going. We are up to about $1.45 a litre!
    Well... that really sucks then! A Corolla should do fine for your fuel thrifty needs anyway.

http://www.toyota.com.au/toyota/main...63_402,00.html

edit: You have the Yaris, which would probably do fine. The Corolla is so much more stylish than the ones we get here. I have no idea why you're complaining.

Plus, the Landcuiser is still in production there. Come on, that's better than the FJ Cruiser we get here...
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 08-14-2006 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    for the southern states perhaps..
    What are you paying up there?

Plus, the Landcuiser is still in production there. Come on, that's better than the FJ Cruiser we get here...
    As far as I know, the Landcruiser was never actually in production here. All imported from Japan or wherever they are built. But The FJ Cruiser is cool anyway.

The Corolla is so much more stylish than the ones we get here. I have no idea why you're complaining.
    Your version of Corolla must be pretty damn ugly because our AU-spec Corollas would rival Nissan Tiida as about the ugliest small car sold here imho

I agree, quite fugly
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

What are you paying up there?
    filled up today at $1.23
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Bastard!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

it'll fluctuate, it's usually $1.30 on fridays for example.
    and premium is pretty much always $1.40

Thread Information