Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: christian fundamentalists

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    If the father had told the daughter in advance of the consequences of her act then she knew what she was going to be up to. If however he only decided on this afterwards he is not fit to be a parent. I think the latter happened as talking about sex in these circles is already a no-go.
    do you really think that matters... is taking someone's freedom away okay if they tell them beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    do you really think that matters... is taking someone's freedom away okay if they tell them beforehand?
    I would not agree with either approach, but telling beforehand would be much more acceptable.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    Here's something crazy for you guys. Two days ago my girlfriend's dad (super super christian) found out that her sister (18 years old) had been screwing her boyfriend. He told her to pack her stuff and get out of the house, and he said he never wanted to talk to her again. She now lives with a friend.
    Ok, some aspects of religion may be good to live by, for example the seven commandments are smart. But for anyone to hold their values and beliefs higher than their own children, that's where I'm lost. How can anyone be so ridiculous that they would go so far as to disown their daughter for a choice that she's made as a girl of 18yo. This is not a crime is it? These people are blinded by something that isn't even proven real (no offense to the "saved ones" here) and they are willing to live by it at all costs, even if it means saying goodbye to a family member for something so pathetic. Sometimes I just don't know what to think of the world and the people in it anymore. I despise religion. Now more than ever before.

Henk4 what do you have to say?
    First of all, there are 10 commandments. Second of all, a none Christian could do the exact same thing as this man if part of their values are no sex till marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    First of all, there are 10 commandments. Second of all, a none Christian could do the exact same thing as this man if part of their values are no sex till marriage.
    I thought of the second part of your remark too, did not want to turn this into an anti-islam thread
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

As far as I am concerned all religion is poison. I have come to feel this more and more as I weigh the good done in its name and the bad and the bad seems always to be much more severe than any good. That father has psychological problems and has been either brain washed by others who are similarly disturbed or consumed by some guilt of his own. I don’t think that he forbids sex before marriage out of any concern for the consequences i.e. disease or unwanted pregnancy, rather his own corrupted version (or his churches) of morality. In my opinion he is more of a disgraceful example of a parent than someone who encouraged their 18 year old to have safe sex.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I'm all for fair treatment and tolerance of others, however I firmly believe that when someone comes to my country (or others to others' countries), they should respect the rules of its institutions and so forth. If a school states no head wear etc, etc, then no matter what your religion, I don't believe there should be an exemption. Same principle should apply to everything; you wanna live here, live within our rules or go back to your own country.

Because you sure as hell wouldn't have the same treatment in some parts of the world if you tried to oppose their rules.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    I'm all for fair treatment and tolerance of others, however I firmly believe that when someone comes to my country (or others to others' countries), they should respect the rules of its institutions and so forth. If a school states no head wear etc, etc, then no matter what your religion, I don't believe there should be an exemption. Same principle should apply to everything; you wanna live here, live within our rules or go back to your own country.

Because you sure as hell wouldn't have the same treatment in some parts of the world if you tried to oppose their rules.
    So you are saying take an undesirable aspect that some countries and cultures practise and make it yours too?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

A court in Holland has just issued a verdict that a school is allowed to refuse access of a 16 year old boy. The school is based on traditional christian values, which a.o. include that girls are not allowed to wear jeans or long trousers in general.

You might ask what the reason was why the boy was refused? Well, his parents have TV and internet at home....

The judge verdict was based on the freedom of the school to sets its own rules, in spite of the fact that the parents support the general principals of the school.
    don't see anything wrong with it,,,it-all,if you don't like the rules of this school take your kids and buzzzzzz of!
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    don't see anything wrong with it,,,it-all,if you don't like the rules of this school take your kids and buzzzzzz of!
    you have to understand that in Holland that are public schools, financed by tax payers money...

you have to understand that in Holland that are public schools, financed by tax payers money...
    oh i see ,but then why dont they take the kids to school that is right for them?
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    oh i see ,but then why dont they take the kids to school that is right for them?
    because they subscribe to the main christian principles of the school, and only on some major items they differ. Actually, it turned out that the reason for turning the son down, was the fact this his 18 year old sister was seen in long trousers and that they used an "unauthorised" bible translation at home...

wow, i'm staying out of this one. Last time discussing religion landed in a blown out argument.

People are free to believe whatever the hec they want to believe. So long as they don't force others to believe whatever the hec they believe.
    '67 Shelby Mustang GT500 "Eleanor"
    '06 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by KELSA
    wow, i'm staying out of this one. Last time discussing religion landed in a blown out argument.

People are free to believe whatever the hec they want to believe. So long as they don't force others to believe whatever the hec they believe.
    nice post, just posting to say that you are not going to post..

nice post, just posting to say that you are not going to post..
    haha

in all seriousness, i would love to take a tour in that school to see what kind of a werido packed students and teachers they have in there, honstly.

i think the judge made the right decision, i mean can you guys imgaine how much the kid is gonna get bullied?

"u punk a$$ b!tch, we ain't gonna play with you coz you got a TV at home, you homo." I think the judge just saved the kid's life.
    '06 Honda Accord

... that they used an "unauthorised" bible translation at home...
    what they got a Chinese Translated copy or something...
    '06 Honda Accord

Thread Information