Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone here ever work as a car salesman?

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    I wish!!!!! 15-25 cars that makes me $17,000 a month.
    That's $204,000 a year! Damn!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Just walk into the dealership and sing, "I don't wanna do this any mooorrreeee.. I just want mah Chevroleeetttt Doooorrrrsss!" to the tune of Rihanna's 'Unfaithful'.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    I've always wanted to...frankly, I know more about cars than most of the salespeople we've dealt with and I'm certain I could be a good salesman.

How does one break into the game?
    Having automotive knowledge has little to no impact on selling cars. You can be an ASE mechanic and only push half a car a month.
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

I'd say it's more to do with how smooth and sleazy you are (Q-Man, you must be a sleazebag ) rather than tech knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Can we see some pics?
    sure I'll do it soon...my S4 is red, I don't know if I ever mentioned this, my car's has to be "red",I love red cars but,not the wife's I don't care it's her car.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I'd say it's more to do with how smooth and sleazy you are (Q-Man, you must be a sleazebag ) rather than tech knowledge.
    LOL!!!!! Quite contrary my friend, I have over 600+ customers over the years,if I was an "sleazy"-sleaze bag" that would not have happen, I truly work hard with my customers make sure the they get the best treatment they can get and they do,and yes I do need to know tech knowledge trust me, guys like you walk in ask lots of questions that has to do with tech.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    That's $204,000 a year! Damn!
    that is nothing!!!there.. is this guy in So. California, he makes abou $500+k a year...

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    Having automotive knowledge has little to no impact on selling cars. You can be an ASE mechanic and only push half a car a month.
    I don't completely agree. Of course, it takes some smooth salemanship, but I'm not worried about that; I know I've got that part of it. But, it's always very frustrating when the person you are trying to deal with knows nothing about the car they are trying to sell. Not very confidence-inspiring. At least, that's been my experience. I believe it takes both to be successful.
    Last edited by jcp123; 08-12-2006 at 11:44 AM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    LOL!!!!! Quite contrary my friend, I have over 600+ customers over the years,if I was an "sleazy"-sleaze bag" that would not have happen, I truly work hard with my customers make sure the they get the best treatment they can get and they do,and yes I do need to know tech knowledge trust me, guys like you walk in ask lots of questions that has to do with tech.
    Good. It's nice to see someone still working as a decent person. It's what gets me my tips at work!

And OK then... pop quiz, hotshot... what was the basis for the design of the first Audi V8? Engine and body styling

CAR SALES WOMAN/and Mustang Designers Daughter..how about them apples!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    Just curious, anyone?
    YES.. I did.. and I will tell all! ASK ME ANYTHING THAT I KNOW!!
    P.S. I am also the daughter of PHIL CLARK.. Mustang I and Emblem Designer.. so I know a bit about Car stuff!

[email protected]

Hi guys, i am brand new to this forum. After reading this post i decided to sign up and ask yall a question or two. I'm 21 and i have 9 months before i enroll back into school, and i want to have a new experience. So i told myself why not sale cars at a dealership. I have sold vast amount of Alcohol, and my job titled sounds good on a resume. So i have sales experience. I feel like that i am an honest person when dealing with people and i dealt with them often at my old job, you have no idea how many irate drunk people i have had to put up with. So do yall think i have a shot at working at a dealership as a salesperson.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyW
    Hi guys, i am brand new to this forum. After reading this post i decided to sign up and ask yall a question or two. I'm 21 and i have 9 months before i enroll back into school, and i want to have a new experience. So i told myself why not sale cars at a dealership. I have sold vast amount of Alcohol, and my job titled sounds good on a resume. So i have sales experience. I feel like that i am an honest person when dealing with people and i dealt with them often at my old job, you have no idea how many irate drunk people i have had to put up with. So do yall think i have a shot at working at a dealership as a salesperson.
    It's hard to say if 'you have a shot' when I or others for that matter do not know you outside of this post. The best advice I could offer is to read up on the dealership and the company; research the cars they sell, and the strongpoints of the models compared to rival companies. Come off as honest, but remember to keep the top-dollar in mind.. customer appreciation will help you out in a market like this.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    It's hard to say if 'you have a shot' when I or others for that matter do not know you outside of this post. The best advice I could offer is to read up on the dealership and the company; research the cars they sell, and the strongpoints of the models compared to rival companies. Come off as honest, but remember to keep the top-dollar in mind.. customer appreciation will help you out in a market like this.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyW
    Thanks.
    No problem. If you want, you can try contacting Quattro Man, an Audi salesman who often posts here. I think he's had over a decade in the business, he'd be your best bet.

Check back in here and give us a heads-up though, and good luck.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    No problem. If you want, you can try contacting Quattro Man, an Audi salesman who often posts here. I think he's had over a decade in the business, he'd be your best bet.

Check back in here and give us a heads-up though, and good luck.
    Yeah he seems very informative.

Thread Information