View Poll Results: saleen s7 or veyron what do you like better?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • saleen S7

8 29.63%
  • bugatti veyron

19 70.37%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what is a better super car saleen s7 or veyron?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    a 1.8t can nevar lose.
    yeah yeah what about a big block supercharged hemi?
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    The veyron was made to go that fast from the start the saleen started at 550 hp with their first car. it isnt designed for 1000 or more hp. Even if it can handle it I dont think it would it do as easy as the veyron.
    So you honestly think that Saleen didnt make any chassis modificatoins for the 750 and 1000hp versions? Get a clue kid. The S7 is literally made side by side with the S7R racer, the chassis is awesome and the S7 street car packs more downforce than the actual race car.

And dont forget the veyron can also be a relaxed cruiser at the same time. A saleen is hardcore all the time.
    Dont kid yourself, no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    Road and Track sucks monkey balls. What did they get for the veyron? Was this the S7 TT or the older NA one? Did they actually drive the S7 up to 250 or was it estimated? I'll bet I know the answer to that last one.
    I don't know what they got for the veyron, it wasn't a comparo, but C and D got 253MPH, There was no mention of the speed being estimated or not, which on one hand is a bit suspicious but most magazines if the the speed or time is estimated will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Read EVO's october issue.
    Why? Its hard to find EVO here.

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    yeah yeah what about a big block supercharged hemi?
    You just don't get it, do you?

1.8T FTW.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    You just don't get it, do you?

1.8T FTW.
    They just don't understand:

a 1.8t can nevARRARAR LoSSEE!!!1111EELVEN11!!!!

-quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Why? Its hard to find EVO here.
    Because it was the first magazine to compare side-by-side the Veyron, the Enzo, Zonda S and Carrera GT. Their conclusion was that the Veyron is way faster on any circumstances. Both on straight line speed and acceleration and on challenging twisty roads where the 4WD system helps a lot.
    However, like you and me, they didn't like much the Veyron. It has no passion or feeling. It just does everything well but without character, they say. Which means we can accept it is probably the most incredible achievementof car industry on recent years, and still not like it. But the "Veyrons is slower then the ....." is useless.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

The Saleen S7 weighs 1300+kg, i guess i can anticipate how 'comfortable' it feels like driving one day to day, with a big V8 at the back or your throat. Most of the 1800kg of Veyron was there to make it drivable day to day, even to a cocktail party in tuxedo, it wouldnt look out of place. The S7 looks like a lemans or dtm racer, you'll look like a complete bozo driving that day to day. Not as thou a ferrari or a porsche. The Veyron however looks more like a GT than a pure bred racer. Thats where it wins.

I guess when it comes to "Which is the best" the considerations taken place had to be in every aspects rather than speed itself.

One more thing thou, these Saleen S7 VS XXXXXX kinda thread would only happen in forums which are US based. Contrary to the Ferrari VS XXXX kinda thread. That sort of depicts how 'complete' the Saleen is.

you know what you can't even go 253 mph on any road and the saleen S7 is a lot more better in the interior and looks a lot cooler than the veyron.
    saleen S7

It may look cooler. In short, a Veyron was designed to not look out of place for a 40 year old, whereas a S7 would look downright silly parked in a mansion. S7 looks like The Stig, whereas the Veyron looked like James Bond. Pierce Brosnan thou, not Daniel Craig. With English Accents, not Bush's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    It may look cooler. In short, a Veyron was designed to not look out of place for a 40 year old, whereas a S7 would look downright silly parked in a mansion. S7 looks like The Stig, whereas the Veyron looked like James Bond. Pierce Brosnan thou, not Daniel Craig. With English Accents, not Bush's.

The Veyron looks silly no matter where its parked, it looks like a well built frankenstien.

Wait I missed the part where a supercar isnt suppose to look like something out of your dreams. When you buy a supercar are you telling me you want it to look like a ford taurus ingo? And who the hell wouldnt want to look like the stig in comparison to cars?

When i buy a supercar, i want it to look like Enzo, or Zonda, or CCX, but when its a super GT cruiser, Veyron looked just fine.

the veyron is way more advanced
    can Desire be engineered ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Dont kid yourself, no one cares.
    Don't kid yourself, everyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    The Saleen S7 weighs 1300+kg, i guess i can anticipate how 'comfortable' it feels like driving one day to day, with a big V8 at the back or your throat. Most of the 1800kg of Veyron was there to make it drivable day to day, even to a cocktail party in tuxedo, it wouldnt look out of place. The S7 looks like a lemans or dtm racer, you'll look like a complete bozo driving that day to day. Not as thou a ferrari or a porsche. The Veyron however looks more like a GT than a pure bred racer. Thats where it wins.

I guess when it comes to "Which is the best" the considerations taken place had to be in every aspects rather than speed itself.

One more thing thou, these Saleen S7 VS XXXXXX kinda thread would only happen in forums which are US based. Contrary to the Ferrari VS XXXX kinda thread. That sort of depicts how 'complete' the Saleen is.
    You obviously have a very strong bias against american cars, which is unfortunate because the s7 is an incredible car. This thread is in "car comparison", not "american cars" by the way...

Thread Information