Thread: car vs. motorcycle

car vs. motorcycle

I like cars and motorcycles but which are better? I like cars better but motorcycles are really cool to. Cars overall are slower, way more expensive, but they have a lot more luxury and are safer. Motorcycles do not have a stero or anything like that and if you crash your pretty much dead but they have a great horsepower to weight ratio and are much cheaper.

What do you think?
    boobs

Quote Originally Posted by bballmikey105
    I like cars and motorcycles but which are better? I like cars better but motorcycles are really cool to. Cars overall are slower, way more expensive, but they have a lot more luxury and are safer. Motorcycles do not have a stero or anything like that and if you crash your pretty much dead but they have a great horsepower to weight ratio and are much cheaper.

What do you think?
    I own both and use each to enjoy the roads of Scotland.
    Bikes can gave stereos btw. As well as the lumbering Honda Goldwings with 4 speakers etc etc I have a FM/MPŁ player plumbed into my helmet speakers and mic. Can enjoy the music on the long runs and talk to other riders or pillion with radio. The advantage is you can listen to music REAL loud and NOT upset the grannies on the main street [ NOT that I'm advocating having it sao loud I can't hear other road users - officer ]

The real reason I've a bike ( and some of my crazier cars ) is that modern cars are too easy to drive. Everything is sorted to ensure stability, handling etc and it takes away the edge and real challenge of driving.

With a bike you can't get any of that ( abs is the closest, but why would you want the esxtra weight )

So riding a corner needs a higher level of skill than a car, as well as pointing the front wheel, you need to get the lean and your bum off the seats. All more challenging and ultimately more enjoyable when you get it right.

Unfortunately, it hurts when you get it wrong. I've come off twice. Once in Scotland when ripples on the road RIGHT at the apex unsettled the front wheel with the bike leant over - lowsided into some hedges Second was on Isle of Man and THAT hurt ( but not so much I wasn't fixing the nike that night and back out in the morning !! ).High sided it on a corner where the tarmac changed texture and it was wet. Both have taught me the lesson of better observation

The defining point for a bike for me is when I've put on the back/body protector, the leathers with Kevlar inserts, the kevlar gloves and helmet and boots. I ALWAYS ask myself why the hell I undertake to do something which REQUIRES me to wear so much safety equipment to make it REASONABLY safe ( NOTHING helps on a bike in a head-on - I've attended one of those )

Acceleration is the real winner when you come across ricers and kiddies in peaked caps and bass bins
    Open a bike up and you won't cathc it.
    Had a few evenings fun on local motorway when guys in cars have objected to being overtaken by a bike and will then accelerate to catch up and sit on the back wheel. I usually pull over and let them past. .... then when they pull back in I'll open it up and blast past. Occasionaly when the kid in me is let out, I'll blast up alongside them and look over and slowly speed up. They'll get the idea and start to match speed. I then open my visor, give them a big grin and wave and OPEN IT UP. Porsche, Ferrari, Subaru ( and my own A610 ) all get left behind. I wish I could be a fly on thge wall in their cars as they try to explain it to the girlfriend sitting next to them

I'm just a big kid at times

Warning though, bikes ARE dangerous and I'd advise learning the limits of the bike with a professional training organsiation and get as much track time as possible to know the limits and learn them safely. Avancaed riding on the road training is also best in the UK as you need to build the skills to spot the "white can driver" moves

It's raining ( no surprise - Sotland ) and this posts put me in the mood to go on the bike - BUMMER
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

If you just want to go fast then get a motorcycle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    If you just want to go fast then get a motorcycle.
    hmmmmm, Bennelli and MV, the best

I was lucky to see and ride with the Benelli prototypes when they came to the Isle of Man. Great bikes.

And the F4 is still my favourite looking bike ...... but Italian electronics
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Matra:
    Just out of curiousity, whats all in your garage? cars, bikes, what have you?

Quote Originally Posted by bige321786
    Matra:
    Just out of curiousity, whats all in your garage? cars, bikes, what have you?
    Listed them over on another thread -- http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...88&postcount=6

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Listed them over on another thread -- http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...88&postcount=6
    Not a bad collection at all. I don't know if this is tredding ground I shouldn't, but I'm just curious what you do for a living. Any pictures of your vehicles? I'd love to check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by bige321786
    Not a bad collection at all. I don't know if this is tredding ground I shouldn't, but I'm just curious what you do for a living. Any pictures of your vehicles? I'd love to check them out!
    Project manager for a multinational on telecommunications monitoring and management systems - if you're making a telephone call our system is in all likelihood recording the call details

Bike is over at http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...91&postcount=2

I've posted pics of cars in other threads as well already, but here they are on the network ....

http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayIS...serid=phl-brox

http://www.matrasport.dk/Cars/Baghee...dium/bag2.html

The second Bag is currently languishing in bits in friends garage and the replacement chassis is under a tarp awaiting the sourcing of an original cross-member Here's a 2-for-1 picture of the Espace Quadra and the "new" chassis on the way back from Paris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 04-07-2004 at 05:07 AM.

Nah i'd have to stick to cars not only are they much safer but could anyone live without a back seet. Although it depends i've nevr drivn anything over 150cc so i would'nt know what it feels like to drive one or how hard it is.

Interesting headline from MCN ( British motorbike weekly paper ) ...

215.86mph.

In testing at Catalunya, Loris Capirossi on a Ducati went through the speed trap a full 10 mph FASTER than Schumacher in the Ferrari F1 !!
    From a 990cc V4 producing an estimated 260bhp
    However, it's still 30 full seconds below the lap record held by the F1 guys. You just can't get a bike to brake on only one wheel

Unfortunately, it has raised calls to limit the performance of the MotoGp bikes to maintain track safety

i go with both, but if i were to get something i could drive for fun, it would definitely be a yamaha r1, which is a motorcycle.

Thread Information