• C5

8 26.67%
  • C6

11 36.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, or C6?

C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, or C6?

pick one and specify why

i pick C2 because of its crisp original design and great engine option (427).
    Last edited by mawi427; 06-05-2004 at 12:16 PM.

i'd say the c3 -----> sweet performance, nice ride, and awesome looks
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

I love the C3 Stingray, saw one a few weeks ago, looks so aggressive!

i really liked the c5 all along and thought a corvette couldnt get any better until i saw the c6...it looks just sooo smooth and sleek....perfect shape

I got to go with the C5. It's a proven design. The current Z06 is probably the best overall performance car on the market right now. Power, handling, looks, and price it has it all. There are cars that cost 2 or 3 times as much and can't touch the Vette when it comes to performance. The interior isn't the greatest but I guess you have to compromise something when you have a 405hp engine in a $50k car.

C6, because i'm not too big on old cars, and i LOVE the non-retracting headlights

i got a question that has to do with corvette, but not really with this topic....duz ne1 know if lingenfelter will continue to do tuning work on the c6 model?

Quote Originally Posted by thinker
    i got a question that has to do with corvette, but not really with this topic....duz ne1 know if lingenfelter will continue to do tuning work on the c6 model?
    I'm actually not sure if Lingenfelter the company will continue to tune upon the arrival of the C6. John Lingenfelter passed away December, 25 2003, but the company continues to do the C5 so it only seems natural they would do the C6 as well. Other companies such as Mallet and Caravaggio are going to continue on with the new C6 I know for sure.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Oh yeah and my vote is for the C2(63-67). They just seem to be such a timeless design in my eyes and were some of the best looking and highest performing cars of their day.

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

___---___---___---___---> C6
    Attached Images Attached Images

C3

Since long as i can remeber every time i hear the word corvette the c3 always comes to mind, which by the way is the longest any corvette has been in production.

If i had to choose i would take one of the earlier C 3's with a 427. Most probably a 68 model.

Quote Originally Posted by JERNACE
    Since long as i can remeber every time i hear the word corvette the c3 always comes to mind, which by the way is the longest any corvette has been in production.

If i had to choose i would take one of the earlier C 3's with a 427. Most probably a 68 model.
    Yep, the C3(68-82) has the title by two years over the C4(84-96). I also would have to say if I chose a C3 it'd have to be the early ones(68-72). With a 4 on the floor of course.

C3, there was a poll on MM2C about this same thing.
    Speed doesn't count, all have speed. Looks imo win this.

Quote Originally Posted by JERNACE

The C3 is a split personality series. The early C3's with the big block (427 or 454) had way more power than they could put on the pavement. According to Chevy, they had less actual power than the current Z06 which CAN put it's power on the pavement. But they did look BAD.
    The later C3's were the worst Corvette's ever made. I forget the year, but 186 HP was offerred. This pig was slower than anything in the Corvette line since the six cylinders of the fifties.

I vote for the C5 on two grounds. The best performance ever (remember that the C6 isn't available yet), and the best look of all time. The front view of a C5 is awesome. Amber running lights on the wide chassis say "I'm bad", and the 400% better than the C4 chassis backs it up. With four inches of front ground clearance, steep slopes can be a problem, but it's not an off-road car.
    It's a kick-your-ass road car that is the best performance value in the world.
    Don Doyle

[QUOTE=doylede]
    The later C3's were the worst Corvette's ever made. I forget the year, but 186 HP was offerred.

yes the 1980 LG4 engine offered a pathetic 180bhp...
    not to mention its ugly as far as corvettes go IMO

Thread Information