Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Farewell To Minoru (Cressida's Swansong)

A Farewell To Minoru (Cressida's Swansong)

Last night the lease papers to a 2007 Honda Accord were signed, which means Minoru will be going away for a while. The Accord will come home tonight, which means photos and a name (I'm leaning towards Weesa) will show up tomorrow. In the meantime, some goodbyes to Minoru. The two things I will miss the most are the sunroof and the automatic seatbelts. Especially the latter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Does it mean you're junking it?

No, selling it. It'll go to a good home.

Oh that's good. Cressida's are rare here in the states. I've only seen about one around my area. BTW, is it a reliable car?

I know how cars become part of your family. Naming it is going a bit too far.

I was a bit sad too when my dad got rid of our four door Integra hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Last night the lease papers to a 2007 Honda Accord were signed, which means Minoru will be going away for a while. The Accord will come home tonight, which means photos and a name (I'm leaning towards Weesa) will show up tomorrow. In the meantime, some goodbyes to Minoru. The two things I will miss the most are the sunroof and the automatic seatbelts. Especially the latter.
    What do you mean by Auto Seatbelts?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I'd have a Cressida over a 2007 Accord any day, perhaps Accords are more economical but that can't be that much of a problem in the States.

I wouldn't

Motion & Emotion

That wonderful car will be missed. You should do a movie about the most important moments of your car's life. The first time you drove it, first time you washed it, your first ticket, you know. Things like that. With emotional music. That would be a great goodbye. Also don't forget to include the auto seatbelt in the footage.

Congratulations for the new ride btw.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I for one would like to see this seatbelt contraptoin in action

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    What do you mean by Auto Seatbelts?
    Wow, they don't have those in Europe? I find them very useless. Basically, auto seatbelts is literally a seatbelt on a track that moves on the A pillar. It slides forwards when you open the door. When you close it, it slides up the A pillar and you have the seatbelt on you. It sounds good in theory but it's absolutely useless. The seatbelt does not cinch tight. It's extremely loose and is practically a safety hazard. There's an additional lap belt for you to use which isn't automatic and is manual. See how useless it is?

I've experienced it in my cousin's late 80's Accord. Not particularly useful and very annoying when you're holding something large in your lap and the belt comes flying at your face.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Oh that's good. Cressida's are rare here in the states. I've only seen about one around my area. BTW, is it a reliable car?

I know how cars become part of your family. Naming it is going a bit too far.

I was a bit sad too when my dad got rid of our four door Integra hatch.
    I'm not the first person to name a car...

Very reliable. I absolutely love the car:it handles far better than anything I've ever driven, and the visibility is fantastic (it's like being in a fishbowl).

I would've chosen to keep it, but teh parents feel it's not safe enough for a young driver. I did some campaigning to get a Nissan Versa (IIHS gives it highest ratings for front, side and rear), but a $20 a month cheaper lease and a corporate image won them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    I'm not the first person to name a car...

Very reliable. I absolutely love the car:it handles far better than anything I've ever driven, and the visibility is fantastic (it's like being in a fishbowl).

I would've chosen to keep it, but teh parents feel it's not safe enough for a young driver. I did some campaigning to get a Nissan Versa (IIHS gives it highest ratings for front, side and rear), but a $20 a month cheaper lease and a corporate image won them over.
    Ah, I see. The greenhouse.... well it does look a lot like a greenhouse.

I still need to go through drivers ed. I'll have to see what my parents give me to drive.

Oh riiight, I see, back in the 90's with the Mercedes CL we had the seatbelt on an arm that slid forwards when you got it, to make it easier for you to grab it, once done so, the arm would slide back.

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Oh riiight, I see, back in the 90's with the Mercedes CL we had the seatbelt on an arm that slid forwards when you got it, to make it easier for you to grab it, once done so, the arm would slide back.
    Completely different. The automated mechanism is completely on the A pillar, not the B pillar. It does not allow you to grab the seatbelt. It automatically slides the seatbelt on for you when you close the door. It automatically removes it when you open the door as well.

You can see the seatbelt quite clearly on the second picture of the first post. You see that belt hanging in midair? Well that thing will slide on you when you close the door.

Also, look clearly on the fourth picture. You see the A pillar?

Thats so wierd. But cool I guess! If anyone could get a video of it in action, it'd be much appreciated

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information