Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam's lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    Why not say that USA has a "lying, vicious, capable of doing anything to get what they want" goverment?
    Why not say it? Because it's not true.

I'm scared that one day my little country has something the US needs, and we all know what would happen!
    Yeah, like there's really something in your little country the U.S. would want.

i bet we would somehow grow "weapons of mass destruction" in hour back yards or something!
    A real "intelligent" comment.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Ok, as a fat, emo, gun loving American, blaming America's being the cool thing.
    Yes, I agree under the Bush admin. we've gone from a superpower to dictatorship in a war that we created, but c'mon, it's not like Europe's perfect, although we did screw up the Middle East....

My turn.
    Ok, I think the US has turned into a dictatorship where everyone has no privacy and the freedom speech/press has gone because the terrorists will want to control the propaganda in these times of war. Now they can open your mail if they suspect terrorism.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Hopefully, you're joking, "King."
    The U.S. isn't any more a dictatorship now than during Clinton's two terms.

And I certainly hope you're joking about "no privacy" or "freedom of speech," and they can "open your mail." Where did you get that from? Lol.

But, again, you are of course joking.

He isn't, Fleet
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Then everything he claimed is completely wrong! There must be a full moon outside.

First of all I am not against the US people.

The leaders they elected though DO execute a policy I dont agree with. I dont agree with our Dutch politics either. But to post about Dutch politics,about which about 20 people on the forum might know, is not worth the effort And at the moment I find US policy much worse

It's practically impossible for a young guy like myself to do anything about it.
    They seemed to find a way in the Vietnam era. Perhaps get into a party you agree with and fight for your ideas. I was thinking very seriously about joining local politics, I didnt and regret it now Especially as a young guy,you have a chance ! You dont have much to lose,right ?

There are a dozen ways,find them out !

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Then everything he claimed is completely wrong! There must be a full moon outside.
    He aint wrong. For example airlines have major problems on flights to the US. For all we might know, the CIA might be looking for your adress now ! they have been given the right to arrest you, for your posts on the internet Atleast in the EU they have been given only partial rights. Not ideal,but atleast better Hell, it sounds like the communist prosecutions back in the days..

Ill end my post now,because else i might sound anti-us again

I just find the government has no right to infiringe your privacy.If it is the Dutch government,the US or the whateverstan's

OK, chaps, if I had found that video (but I am not a u-tube fanatic) I might have made the same post as Drakkie. His hints to US lies in the past do not sound like full blood american hatred, because we have seen a few US lies regarding the Iraqi question, one of the most shocking ones being the performance of former state secretary Powell in front of a UN audience.

What he lawyer has to say is unlikely but cannot be dismissed completely. The whole interview obviously took place before the execution of Saddam, so it is all water under the bridge, but for instance I would like to hear Rumsfeld's rendering of the meeting the lawyer claimed he had with Saddam.

So probably based on this post I will probably be lambasted by some of you as a notorious and blind anti-american but let it be then that way
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    They seemed to find a way in the Vietnam era. Perhaps get into a party you agree with and fight for your ideas. I was thinking very seriously about joining local politics, I didnt and regret it now Especially as a young guy,you have a chance ! You dont have much to lose,right ?

There are a dozen ways,find them out !
    Good luck.
    It's not that simple. One voice won't change much, unless I showed up at the Capitol Building with a rocket launcher and a mission. Then I'd get arrested. It's strength in numbers that worked during Vietnam, and as you quoted, "I'm just one guy", and one guy can't do much.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    It's not that simple. One voice won't change much, unless I showed up at the Capitol Building with a rocket launcher and a mission. Then I'd get arrested. It's strength in numbers that worked during Vietnam, and as you quoted, "I'm just one guy", and one guy can't do much.
    no, but if one guy does not stand up, nobody will. BTW, remember the one guy on the Tianamen Square in Beijing?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I just find the government has no right to infiringe your privacy.If it is the Dutch government,the US or the whateverstan's
    Would you explain exactly how how the U.S. government is "infringing" on my privacy?

Would you explain exactly how how the U.S. government is "infringing" on my privacy?
    that is why the services are called "secret"

He aint wrong. For example airlines have major problems on flights to the US. For all we might know, the CIA might be looking for your adress now ! they have been given the right to arrest you, for your posts on the internet
    You are the one who has major problems (in the lack of ability of making rational posts)!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    that is why the services are called "secret"
    The whole claim of "loss of privacy" is ridiculous, of course. The last U.S. administration (Clinton) was doing exactly the same thing (wiretapping overseas calls).
    It's just another example of "blame Bush for everything."

The whole claim of "loss of privacy" is ridiculous, of course. The last U.S. administration (Clinton) was doing exactly the same thing (wiretapping overseas calls).
    so here you implicitly admit that your privacy is being breached

Thread Information