Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

I was on a Kei-car spree a few month ago....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Bought a CTR2 and a AE-86 over the weekend. The Toyota is pretty fun, but I haven't dialed in any significant suspension settings yet, and I have yet to add the turbo or supercharger kit.

The RUF I put a nice set of BBS wheels on it and painted it metallic blue- it looks surprisingly proper.

I also just realized that Gran Turismo 5 is missing Twin Ring Motegi, which was in GT4.

They giveth and taketh all the time. Special Stage Route 11 is also missing. The gymkhana/test track from GT4 was also fun as well.

Yeah I quite liked the Motegi, even if a lot of people don't. Its a simple race track without much character, but I kinda see it as a faster Tsukuba as sometimes its just not that fun flogging a faster car around Tsukuba....and its easier than Suzuka so you can do more consistent lap times for comparison purpose...

I really have yet to master any RR car in GT...for some reason they just seem so much more of a handful than even in GTR2 or GT Legend....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Yeah I quite liked the Motegi, even if a lot of people don't. Its a simple race track without much character, but I kinda see it as a faster Tsukuba as sometimes its just not that fun flogging a faster car around Tsukuba....and its easier than Suzuka so you can do more consistent lap times for comparison purpose...

I really have yet to master any RR car in GT...for some reason they just seem so much more of a handful than even in GTR2 or GT Legend....
    Tsukuba is a bit short, but enjoyable. But you're right, it's more enjoyable with slower cars. I also like Twin Ring Motegi because it's not too long, like Suzuka. It can be frustrating to go all out for a test run and screw up in the last few seconds before finishing a lap.

Also, there were multiple shorter configurations. For some odd reason I always thought Suzuka was more annoying than fun.

I had a very well set up RGT in GT4, I'm waiting for the cars to cycle around again so I can purchase one again. I'm going to start off with a CTR2 though.

I've heard that setups from GT4 transfer over well to GT5. I have yet to test that.

Cars don't handle that differently between GT4 and 5 I find, they do tend to be a bit less nervous I think especially on the faster cars like the LMP cars....X2010 need not apply...

I think part of my problem with RR cars in GT is that the steering is relatively more vague compare to PC sims, I rely a lot on the steering loading and unloading itself to kinda know what the car is doing, GT has decent feedback but lacks a bit more at that level...(maybe less exaggerated, since you can also tune FFB in detail for most PC games if you know how to mess with the config files), something ultimately lacking in console....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Cars don't handle that differently between GT4 and 5 I find, they do tend to be a bit less nervous I think especially on the faster cars like the LMP cars....X2010 need not apply...

I think part of my problem with RR cars in GT is that the steering is relatively more vague compare to PC sims, I rely a lot on the steering loading and unloading itself to kinda know what the car is doing, GT has decent feedback but lacks a bit more at that level...(maybe less exaggerated, since you can also tune FFB in detail for most PC games if you know how to mess with the config files), something ultimately lacking in console....
    I actually think it's the opposite- very high powered cars are incredibly nervous cars now. I rarely enjoy cars with more than 600 PP. Cars like the Pagani Zonda R I feel are somewhat undriveable.

It might be because I'm very aggressive on throttle on the way out of corners.

It may also because I'm still using a controller and throttle is more sensitive now. I use the right stick for throttle and brake- I'm tired of mashing my thumbs to a pulp.

I have no idea about feedback because I haven't been using a wheel. I have a Logitech wheel from Gran Turismo 3, but I have no space to set it up permanently so it's always tucked away.

It does appear to be compatible, however, with GT5 so I may use it in the future. As opposed to GT4, it was incompatible with older wheels.

Twin Ring Motegi to Appear in GT Academy 2012?

So it might be in GT Academy, one can only hope it'll be added to GT5 also...

I tried GT Academy also, its like the license test...somehow easier....But I guess if the goal is to be fastest instead of just golding the round, then I have a long way to go....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I'm sort of scratching my head as to how some of the people could go so quickly on the straight-line tests in the Leaf. I know a wheel is supposed to be better, but really - driving in a straight line?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Twin Ring Motegi to Appear in GT Academy 2012?

So it might be in GT Academy, one can only hope it'll be added to GT5 also...

I tried GT Academy also, its like the license test...somehow easier....But I guess if the goal is to be fastest instead of just golding the round, then I have a long way to go....
    Is GT Academy the "I want to be a race car driver contest"?

It's available to anyone with GT5 right?

Goddamn it, I'm going to get a conniption if they launch it as a DLC.

And out of all the cars they could have picked, they chose a Leaf? Really?

Lucas Ordonez yo.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Is GT Academy the "I want to be a race car driver contest"?

It's available to anyone with GT5 right?

Goddamn it, I'm going to get a conniption if they launch it as a DLC.

And out of all the cars they could have picked, they chose a Leaf? Really?
    You don't need a GT5 anymore. Its like the one before GT5 comes out, it is a stand alone "game" now that you download from PS store for free. Unlike before though where its a time trial, now its just a series of driving test that I guess will ramp up in difficulty. You also get awarded medals in gold/silver/bronze like the license test. If you have GT5, golding the tests will give you prizes for GT5 by the end of the event.

Round 1 has Leaf, round 2 is S15 Silvia. I guess each round will have different Nissan cars.
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

You don't need a GT5 anymore. Its like the one before GT5 comes out, it is a stand alone "game" now that you download from PS store for free. Unlike before though where its a time trial, now its just a series of driving test that I guess will ramp up in difficulty. You also get awarded medals in gold/silver/bronze like the license test. If you have GT5, golding the tests will give you prizes for GT5 by the end of the event.

Round 1 has Leaf, round 2 is S15 Silvia. I guess each round will have different Nissan cars.
    Hmm, sounds interesting, I guess I'll have a go at it.

I also guess prizes = more helmets and outfits. How very useful!

You also get Nissan cars with GT Academy decals...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

You also get Nissan cars with GT Academy decals...
    Take on the GT Academy 2012 to Win Prizes! - News - gran-turismo.com

Yeah, so far a Nissan Leaf, R32 GT-R, Silvia and a Z370.

The prize pack will be released in July...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information