Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donatini MB 8 (6 wheels sport car)

Donatini MB 8 (6 wheels sport car)

from Brazil, the Donatini MB 8, 1994, whit Mercedes Benz motor and 300 km/h. this car are pre Covini...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I don't take any photo, just collect in all the web and share"

Correction: this car is from Argentina

thanks!
    "I don't take any photo, just collect in all the web and share"

+ one!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.allcarindex.com - pictured internet directory of automobiles. 7400+ production marques, 4000+ concept cars, 370+ obscure Soviet self-made cars. Discover unknown!

And I would be extremely pleased if anyone could translate this article from Spanish: http://pdf.diariohoy.net/2004/07/22/pdf/14-c.pdf Thank You in advance!

p.s. Don't tell me anything about google!
    http://www.allcarindex.com - pictured internet directory of automobiles. 7400+ production marques, 4000+ concept cars, 370+ obscure Soviet self-made cars. Discover unknown!

ult, your image can cause confusion as it is a "flipped image" ... and in fact a flip of the second image posted in original
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ult, your image can cause confusion as it is a "flipped image" ... and in fact a flip of the second image posted in original
    It could be.. I am not an author of this picture..

Translation (atempt?)

Quote Originally Posted by ulimator View Post
    And I would be extremely pleased if anyone could translate this article from Spanish: http://pdf.diariohoy.net/2004/07/22/pdf/14-c.pdf Thank You in advance!

p.s. Don't tell me anything about google!
    The fantastic car, designed and created by a Platian

It has a totally handcraft design. It is an object of exhibition and study. It has no dampers or springs. It was built after 22 years.

Raul Donatini, a 55-year old Platian waited 22 years to fulfill his single desire: to build the car of his dreams. He named it Donatini MB 8, and it has become a model of study and exhibit. it's a car that, when cruising through the country roads or the city streets, it never goes unnoticed. It's handbuilt and eight-wheel design are simply surprising.
    The car, which nowadays is part of a show at Costa Salguero, has quite some unique features. It was built inside out [a bit like the Ford GT], with a plain triangular structure, sustained at its base by three bearings, each at its corner. It has no coils nor shocks, so it's like a floating bodywork.
    "The idea was to try a suspension system and another of frame system. Once I got them working, I got interested on the bodywork design. The essence was to create the car around its suspension", Raul explained. And he added: "The idea is to adapt this new system to road cars, who knows with an engine and eight nicer wheels".
    Donatini's project began in 1982 by taking the first steps in designing this appealing vehicle. But only in 1994 its construction began, when it used all Mercedes-Benz mechanics. By his house passed an engine, a gearbox and the final gear. He then made the steel frame that would support each piece. The bodywork was made in the same metal sheet but with small percentage of plastic, totally handmade. The suspension, wheels, steering wheel and inner equipment were mounted next. Even then we could foresee a clean-shape car, without interruptions, and with the detail of fixed covered headlamps, in order to improve the aerodynamic flow.
    "The whole car was assembled in Mar Chiquita (where Raul is living), piece by piece. The only experience I had was having helped assemble Formula cars in La Plata and working in mechanic workshops", explained the creator of the Donatini. "Now I want to apply these features in a common car", adds Raul.
    The design of the cr took him 14 years. And once finished, he called it the Donatini MB 8, although technically he calls it "the 8", since it was the number he repeated the most during its construction: 8 wheels, 8 body parts, V8 engine and, if there was something missing in the car, he finished assembling it in 1998.
    Among the advantages of this concept car, according to Raul, the greatest is the so-called "ground-effect" because, since it has 8 wheels, it sticks to the asphalt like a limpet, allowing safer acceleration and braking, as for taking tighter corners.
    As a result, a greater stability is generated, essential if you have in mind this car can reach 300km/h. The passengers can have access to the cockpit through the opening of the entire canopy and side doors that automatically open for the commodity of the passengers.

Hoy, 22/07/2004.

Hope this helps...