Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan GT-R GT500

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    Well, you can tune an m3 the way you tune a lamborghini. Mess with the ECU and add a couple of horsepower and that is about it. Forced Induction is out of the question, even with a supercharger it is a hassle. Simple engine upgrades become more complex than heart surgery. Whatever you do whether trying to lighten the car, set up the suspension, you are always trying to get around the engine.
    It really depends on how much time/money/engineering you're willing to spend on the engine.

You're not trying to get around the engine when you're lightening the car or setting up the suspension. You're trying to work with the car to make it a better car overall (depending on your needs of course).

Simple engine upgrades become more complex than heart surgery.
    as well it should be, you don't pay that much for a high tech car and expect them not to have already sorted out 'simple engine mods'
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    as well it should be, you don't pay that much for a high tech car and expect them not to have already sorted out 'simple engine mods'
    Well, It was different with the E46. You could literally "slap on" a turbo and add 75 hp or more on conservative boost. Which is what i meant by tunable
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Well, It was different with the E46. You could literally "slap on" a turbo and add 75 hp or more on conservative boost. Which is what i meant by tunable
    This is not caused by using a V8, look at how tunable the ZO6 is.

Also, when using the word literally, it actually has to be literal.

Well, you can tune an m3 the way you tune a lamborghini. Mess with the ECU and add a couple of horsepower and that is about it. Forced Induction is out of the question, even with a supercharger it is a hassle. Simple engine upgrades become more complex than heart surgery. Whatever you do whether trying to lighten the car, set up the suspension, you are always trying to get around the engine.
    All of which has been true of every BMW M car.

There's exactly zero reasons why this can't be done the new V8 model. No one's done it because it hasn't been out long enough for any to develop, test and put on sale a kit to do it.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    This is not caused by using a V8, look at how tunable the ZO6 is.

Also, when using the word literally, it actually has to be literal.
    How is the Z06 tunable?

You wouldn't dream off touching the ECU unless you are a computer engineer or something, It is a Y body, the least used chassis by GM
    and there isn't a tuning community for it because most people who buy a corvette just get the twenty buck thing that removes corvette's CAGS and leave the things dead stock. And how many Z06's have you seen with forced induction! I have only seen one which had to special mount it's turbos in the back due to engine size issues and the rest(very few) were superchargers adapted from other cars.

Don't get me wrong, The Chevy LS7 engine however is famous for its many applications and forms and i am looking forward to the LS9 because it will be built to withstand the rigors of High compression or/and Forced Induction, but you have to admit that there is no aftermarket market for the Z06.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    All of which has been true of every BMW M car.
    I meant the E92, the E46 and E30 did not have these hinderances
    Last edited by kigango123; 11-01-2007 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post

Exhibit B:

This is a car with modifications that have racing purpose, and make the car ready for track use. The base car is still clearly recognizable, unless you are vision impaired. This is a racing car.
    Nismo hat = racer

Nismo hat = racer
    It was a picture of the GT-R race car. Nismo simply changed the link I copied.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

kingango123, you have to admit that to be able to have a successor to the R34 is already a miracle. The whole point of how GTR got to fame is being the supercar killer, the 'killer' here is not on the tracks but somehow the remaining balance in your account. Being a budget supercar that outperforms many, is how it got the whole blackhorse fame.

However times had changed, since BMW and Merc starts plunging 500 - 600hp horsepower engines into their passenger cars, the whole supercar term had leaped forward by a huge margin, for years they stayed in the 200-300hp arena, then suddenly everyone is in the realms of 600 to even 700hp.. to have something that challenges them at that spectrum and to stay a budget car.. is, phenomenal.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

How is the Z06 tunable?

You wouldn't dream off touching the ECU unless you are a computer engineer or something, It is a Y body, the least used chassis by GM
    and there isn't a tuning community for it because most people who buy a corvette just get the twenty buck thing that removes corvette's CAGS and leave the things dead stock. And how many Z06's have you seen with forced induction! I have only seen one which had to special mount it's turbos in the back due to engine size issues and the rest(very few) were superchargers adapted from other cars.

Don't get me wrong, The Chevy LS7 engine however is famous for its many applications and forms and i am looking forward to the LS9 because it will be built to withstand the rigors of High compression or/and Forced Induction, but you have to admit that there is no aftermarket market for the Z06.
    You're talking straight out of your ass as always. Have you ever heard of Callaway?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    You're talking straight out of your ass as always. Have you ever heard of Callaway?
    Callaway is a high end company that makes their cars(C16) and cabrio off of corvette base, it doesn't tune corvette's, it uses corvettes as a base for its own cars. Let alone nobody can afford them, they do not sell most of their stuff i.e body kits, superchargers and suspension products in kits for the corvette, plus all the forced induction off of the corvette is supercharged!
    Last edited by kigango123; 11-01-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Callaway is a high end company that makes their cars(C16) and cabrio off of corvette base, it doesn't tune corvette's, it uses corvettes as a base for its own cars. Let alone nobody can afford them, they do not sell most of their stuff ie body kits, superchargers and suspension products in kits for the corvette, plus all the forced induction off of the corvette is supercharged!
    So, according to what you said earlier, then Lingenfelter C6 ZO6 427 CID Twin Turbo Corvette this car doesn't exist.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

So, according to what you said earlier, then Lingenfelter C6 ZO6 427 CID Twin Turbo Corvette this car doesn't exist.
    That is just a corvette with two centrifical superchargers

Quote Originally Posted by Lingenfelter.com
    "Belt driven turbocharger "
    Pretty impressive, but you are missing the point. My point is that the cost and availability of parts for forced induction in V8's, whether Chevy or Nissan, cannot be compared to the forced induction aftermarket market of other engine formats
    e.g. V6, inline six.

Even simple tuning in V8's is costly and hard as compared with other formats, The cost for that Lingery-feller thing was 45k. How much of that would i have to spend to get 800 hp in an E46 or an RB26. Even the VQ35 would not take that many moneys!
    Last edited by kigango123; 11-01-2007 at 02:49 PM.

That is just a corvette with two centrifical superchargers
    Right.... You do know that it's a twin turbo Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and that Turbocharger doesn't = supercharger.

Honestly, I'm sure that at some point you'd have picked up on the word turbo, which was used not once, not twice, not three times, but four times.

Also, I'd like to mention that the a supercharger is another form of forced induction.

Even simple tuning in V8's is costly and hard as compared with other formats, The cost for that Lingery-feller thing was 45k. How much of that would i have to spend to get 800 hp in an E46 or an RB26. Even the VQ35 would not take that many moneys!
    Who ever said tuning a car was cheap? I once did a quick calculation on the cost of building t3h AweSomZ Civic Si and the parts alone went above and beyond $10k. 'course, this was during my street racing phase

Anyway... it (the Corvette) obviously fits your criteria and smashes your argument to little shards. But like certain other members, you'll ignore this and keep ranting on.
    Last edited by kingofthering; 11-01-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Right.... You do know that it's a twin turbo Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and that Turbocharger doesn't = supercharger.

Honestly, I'm sure that at some point you'd have picked up on the word turbo, which was used not once, not twice, not three times, but four times.

Also, I'd like to mention that the a supercharger is another form of forced induction.

Who ever said tuning a car was cheap? I once did a quick calculation on the cost of building t3h AweSomZ Civic Si and the parts alone went above and beyond $10k. 'course, this was during my street racing phase

Anyway... it (the Corvette) obviously fits your criteria and smashes your argument to little shards. But like certain other members, you'll ignore this and keep ranting on.

Anything that is "belt driven" is a supercharger, whether centrifugal or roots, positive displacement or dynamic, in a car or in a plane. This means (big words, so that you can understand) Uses engine power to Increase airflow. I do not have a grudge against superchargers, it is just they are not as efficient as turbo chargers.

Turbo for life!

And i am not as rich as you that i can afford, spending 40k on a corvette kit from Lingery-feller!, Sorry .

edit: Just realized it is not belt driven
    Last edited by kigango123; 11-01-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Thread Information