Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jean Todt steps down as Ferrari CEO to concentrate on GT activities

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    What are you referring to with that? Were they not allowed to build something before?
    Apparently since Dallara builds the Audi chassis, they wouldn't be allowed to construct another...I'm not too sure on it myself. I only heard it from someone at Ten-Tenths.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Well the Ferrari F430 GTC won all three major championships last year, so they are well established in GT racing right now.
    True. But an actual Scuderia Ferrari effort would be a glorious thing. Especially if its a V12 in the GT1 or LMP1 class.

I hate a red Ferrari on the road, but I so do love it on the track.

Dallara also made their own chassis(in 2001), and Dallara was only a contractor to build the Audi tub, they didn't design it......but maybe its with the Audi contract that they are not allowed to build their own since they are privy to Audi's design.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Does Ferrari really need Dallara? If Dallara or any other third party chassis manufacturer will be involved, it will be the same deal as with Audi; manufacturing only.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

^ well, 333SP was designed by dallara, F430 GTC was prepared by michelotti, 360 GT developed by JMB for the first two seasons. Ferrari isn't that much in real racing since 512 BB LM
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    ^ well, 333SP was designed by dallara, F430 GTC was prepared by michelotti, 360 GT developed by JMB for the first two seasons. Ferrari isn't that much in real racing since 512 BB LM
    Dallara helped with the development. Ferrari had never built a two seater sportscar from carbon fibre back then. Since then they developed the F50 and Enzo, so they have plenty of experience now. I also think that Ferrari is much more involved in the F430 GTC program then they were before. Michelotto builds and prepares the cars, but Ferrari is in charge of development.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 03-19-2008 at 09:24 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Furthermore Ferrari isn't probably that involved because it's not an important works effort.

Probably if they were going to fight for outright victory with a works team, they'd be much more involved.

By the way, wasn't the 512 BB LM much like the 575 GTC? In the sense that Ferrari prepared the cars but they were raced by privateers. Or am I wrong?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes, Ferrari has not entered a sportscar race since the end of 1973. However it must be said that various F430 GTC drivers are on Ferrari's payroll.

(Ted Joans)

I imagine that a GT1 or LMP effort would be helped the data gathered from the FXX program. Could that car (or something derived from it) be used for GT1?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I imagine that a GT1 or LMP effort would be helped the data gathered from the FXX program. Could that car (or something derived from it) be used for GT1?
    Possibly, but they already have one in the Maserati MC12.

And the FIA supercar loophole might be closed within a short amount of time...

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I hate a red Ferrari on the road, but I so do love it on the track.
    Why dont you like them on the road are they somehow bad there but ok on the track?

Im more curious then anything else im just wondering why you dont like them on the road. Im no ferrari fan but im never opposed to seeing them when they turn up be it on the track or the road
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Why dont you like them on the road are they somehow bad there but ok on the track?

Im more curious then anything else im just wondering why you dont like them on the road. Im no ferrari fan but im never opposed to seeing them when they turn up be it on the track or the road
    He loves them on the road in blue
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    He loves them on the road in blue
    LOL well he did say in red
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    LOL well he did say in red
    in red on the track yes, but not red on the road.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    in red on the track yes, but not red on the road.....
    I find it a most odd limitation whenever i think ferrari I think red itallian cars (I also think other things that are not important to the story)

Thread Information