Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diesel - LPG in combo "a win/win story"

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    lol and I guess that's only something for the cops to worry about (thank goodness) but those steel tanks are pretty strong units and an impact sufficient to tear or crush one would by most opinion inevitably be fatal anyway
    haha true enough, perhaps any explosion after said lethal accident will finally dispell rubberneckers..

Quote Originally Posted by Kozy View Post
    Not exactly how I would describe the handling of a bus...
    whoosh
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Kozy View Post
    Not exactly how I would describe the handling of a bus...

Buses are ok and in total randomness here's some pics of such & similar whoosh

funky Oz buses (former is Bedford 1948 iirc and bodied by the Commonwealth Aircraft Corp, latter is the huge twin-engined Landliner)

from Queensland a beautiful art deco petrol tanker (((sigh)))
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those buses are bitchin'

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Did you investigate the manufacturer's site, including their 'installation' page?
    Sorry I just read the pr stuff, without checking further. It looks like a regular lpg tank, like we are using here, but smaller, which also means that the gas comes under pressure (but lower than on a petrol lpg car?), which in my opinion (and knowing the line of thinking of regulators) would classify the car as LPG powered, with all said restrictions.
    Also in Holland the tax man could be faced with an interesting problem, how to tax this vehicle. We have three classes, petrol, diesel and lpg. Road tax on a diesel car is about three times higher than on a petrol car, while a petrol car fitted with LPG will pay I think about a similar amount as a diesel powered car (The rationale being that taxes on diesel and lpg are much lower, which they compensate for by increasing the fixed costs...) I'll try to dig around and see if I can find any traces of the australian product over here, but so far I haven't seen anything yet.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information