Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Toyota

Ive always had a soft spot for Supras; my best friends dad had a MKIII turbo for several years, then bought a black MKIV auto. This then turned into a BPU spec car, and has only recently been replaced by 'Overnight Racing's ex-demo MKIV manual. They claimed 650bhp in Japan, but we found this to be untrue when we stripped the fuelling side apart and found it to be largely stock. This has since been rebuilt and now runs a very conservative 570rwhp @ 1.2bar. With an increase in the AFR, this could very easily see 700bhp, although it wouldnt be the healthiest 700bhp you've ever seen.

I also love ST185 GT-Fours, particularly the CS edition. In fact, really the only Toyotas Im not a massive fan of are SW20 MR2 turbos, and AE86 Corollas, largely because theyre hugely over-rated. Particularly the latter, which suffers from ridiculous ''scene'' tax. £5k as a minimum for a 22 year old car that struggles to even reach 60? Ill pass.
    -1991 Mazda MX5 Project - www.TimeAttack.co.uk

1969 2000gt
    If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear.

Ayrton Senna

Quote Originally Posted by CircuitHero View Post
    Ive always had a soft spot for Supras; my best friends dad had a MKIII turbo for several years, then bought a black MKIV auto. This then turned into a BPU spec car, and has only recently been replaced by 'Overnight Racing's ex-demo MKIV manual. They claimed 650bhp in Japan, but we found this to be untrue when we stripped the fuelling side apart and found it to be largely stock. This has since been rebuilt and now runs a very conservative 570rwhp @ 1.2bar. With an increase in the AFR, this could very easily see 700bhp, although it wouldnt be the healthiest 700bhp you've ever seen.

I also love ST185 GT-Fours, particularly the CS edition. In fact, really the only Toyotas Im not a massive fan of are SW20 MR2 turbos, and AE86 Corollas, largely because theyre hugely over-rated. Particularly the latter, which suffers from ridiculous ''scene'' tax. £5k as a minimum for a 22 year old car that struggles to even reach 60? Ill pass.
    Scene tax is ridiculous. I was asked $24 thousand for an 1995 MR2 with over 150,000kms on it. Crazy ppl.

I think 570 RWHP isn't too conservative. To be honest it actually sounds unsafe. My VR4 has about 470hp (not sure on the exact number) and i can't really say I want more and that's in an AWD car. That Supra must be terribly tail happy.
    Last edited by Type17; 04-14-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

The Aristo is also among my favorite toyotas, especially the first generation of it. Good power and luxury to match. i also like the celsiors, the coronas, and the levins and truenos. i hope toyota can come up with more iconic cars such as those.

Love the GT-one and 2000gt, perhaps two of the greatest designs i have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Those are soooooooooooooooo rare though, I've only ever seen 2, one of which was a rally car.
    Rare here suprisingly common in NZ.

Incidently my fave toyota as well I also love the mustang celeicas, Soarers orf the mid 80s and hell toyota had so many good cars until the turn of this centuary nowdays its just automotive whitegoods.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Type17 View Post
    Scene tax is ridiculous. I was asked $24 thousand for an 1995 MR2 with over 150,000kms on it. Crazy ppl.

I think 570 RWHP isn't too conservative. To be honest it actually sounds unsafe. My VR4 has about 470hp (not sure on the exact number) and i can't really say I want more and that's in an AWD car. That Supra must be terribly tail happy.
    Now thats expensive!

Oh dont get me wrong, I mean conservative in the way its been mapped, as its capable of flowing much more power. Ive driven a massive array of cars, including many Ferraris and Porsches, and that thing is one of only a handful of cars that scares the hell out of me.

At a local drag strip, the car almost went sideways at the 1/8th mile marker when WOT was applied. Ive also been in it on the motorway in 5th gear at 80mph, and again at full throttle itll try and spin the car. Hes just invested in some race-logic traction control though, so it should run a lot smoother when thats fitted. Ill try and get some pics/footage at our next trackday.

My favorite Toyota? Easy. It's also my daily driver...

I agree toyota nowadays are investing too much on commercial vehicles for everyday drive. Unfortunately, all of them lack the excitement of the older models. its a sad thought, but i guess that's what makes older cars of toyota more interesting to get your hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster_raven View Post
    The Aristo is also among my favorite toyotas, especially the first generation of it. Good power and luxury to match. i also like the celsiors, the coronas, and the levins and truenos. i hope toyota can come up with more iconic cars such as those.

Love the GT-one and 2000gt, perhaps two of the greatest designs i have seen.
    toyota has a good old skool set of cars celica gt, trueno/levin, 80's supra, 2000gt and of course the amazing gt one. which looks and sounds mint in pgr4

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post

Eww. This is way better:

Supercharged 4.0 litre V6, 225kw, at least 450nm of torque, plus it looks infinitely better.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Lets face it, neither of them are attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by CircuitHero View Post
    Lets face it, neither of them are attractive.
    Exactly. Even the Yaris Verso is better...

... no actually it isn't.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post

Geez, what is that, a Tundra?
    Can't half tell it's been styled for the american market.

My favorite from the largely unexciting brand is the GT Starlet :P 1.3 turbo motor and weighs less than an Elise.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Eww. This is way better:

Supercharged 4.0 litre V6, 225kw, at least 450nm of torque, plus it looks infinitely better.
    I must admit i like the Asian Hi Lux design better... plus it has four doors...

these are some of the toyota pics i keep... the last one is called a Toyota Fortuner in the Philippines
    Attached Images Attached Images

Toyota fortuner pics

here are the specs i found

Toyota fortuner specs at Market Toyota - toyota fortuner 4.0 v6 raised body (2006) specifications sold at market toyota
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information