Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New CTS-V=BEAST!!!!

I meant this thread to be about the XLR-V but i accidently mistitled it. but since we somehow got on the CTS-V thing ill post an article about that.

and yes, it also is a beast!

2009 Cadillac CTS-V First Look on Inside Line

Crazy thing is that since this is basically a detuned zr1 engine, im sure just a minimal ammount of work will equal big power in this thing.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

The 2009 Cadillac CTS-V goes on sale in October. Cadillac says the price hasn't been set. But since the old model got up to $53,000 and since the new 414-hp, V8-powered BMW M3 runs right around $60,000, we expect the Cadillac will list for just over $60K. A few options such as the automatic and the supremely comfy Recaro seats should push the price up to around $65,000.
    Yeah, I'll take the M3, it's a bit more classy...or for a few thousand more, I could get an M5...

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    I need someone to explain something to me.
    I can see a lot of american V8 lovers are also fanatical about manual gearshifting, I'm not understanding the attraction when you have 1) unlimited torque everywhere in the modest rev range 2) meaty, clunky shift quality.
    On a sporty Honda or something where the powercurve has significance I can understand it, I bet an Auto NSX is not quicker around the 'Ring than it's manual equivalent.
    The same reason you want a manual on any other car, control. BTW, many like the "meaty, clunky" shifting, although not all American manual V8 cars shift like that.

I need someone to explain something to me.
    I can see a lot of american V8 lovers are also fanatical about manual gearshifting, I'm not understanding the attraction when you have 1) unlimited torque everywhere in the modest rev range 2) meaty, clunky shift quality.
    On a sporty Honda or something where the powercurve has significance I can understand it, I bet an Auto NSX is not quicker around the 'Ring than it's manual equivalent.
    Regardless of what is faster I will always enjoy shifting myself. Automatics are like condoms..... they evict all feeling, hence enjoyment from the act.

...struggling to care...

...can't do it.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    ...struggling to care...

...can't do it.
    Yet you were still able to post...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Yeah, I'll take the M3, it's a bit more classy...

A few years ago and i would have agreed with you but unfortunately due to the new styling Bimmers just dont seem that classy to me. I've always thought they were well behind mercedes in the class department (prolly third overall for german cars) but with their new styling(especially in the case of the 3 series) they have lost a lot of the class they once had. If you didn't pay attention to the badge on the front and put both the new CTS and the new 3 series next to eachother i think most people would consider the CTS to be just as classy, if not classier than the 3 series.

However, put an A4 or a C-class next to either and the audi and benz take it handidly.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Me View Post
    Yet you were still able to post...
    As you did, With no further too ad.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    If you didn't pay attention to the badge on the front and put both the new CTS and the new 3 series next to eachother i think most people would consider the CTS to be just as classy, if not classier than the 3 series.
    I'm doubtful many outside the US are ready to see a neo caddy styling without forewarning for the sake of their health.

Although, if 8mb AGP cards ever come back into fashion, the Caddy will be one car that could still be accurately modeled for that future iteration of NFS.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

I'm doubtful many outside the US are ready to see a neo caddy styling without forewarning for the sake of their health.
    Good thing we arent talking about outside the US ehh?

Thread Information