Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petrol ver f**king expensive!

Petrol ver f**king expensive!

See here: https://www.getup.org.au/campaign/Fu...c=430,169548,1

Also here: Petrol retailers and refiners 'strain law' | The Australian

Petrol costs soared to $1.93 for unleaded and $2.03 for diesel in the NSW ski resort of Perisher yesterday. And in Thredbo, one BP station charged $1.79 for a litre of unleaded and $2.08 for diesel. In Coober Pedy, South Australia, an Ampol station charged $1.86 for unleaded and $2.10 for diesel.
    Fuelwatch is the be the biggest waste of public money since the election. Cant we just get a bunch of guys from down the local pub who KNOW whats ACTUALLY happening in the country to run it?

Save the world from nukes Rudd? How about making housing, petrol, healthcare, childcare, groceries affordable??? How about lowering the nations obesity epidemic??? how about the IR laws that was such a hot election topic thats now gone by the wayside??? FKING GOVERNEMTNS AND THEIR LIES!!!! ARGAHGHG!G!H!!

I hate politicians, get a panel of normal people to run the country, not millionaires husbands.
    Last edited by Blue Supra; 06-19-2008 at 06:42 PM.
    The Datto will rage again...

KRudd was never going to be any good.. they needed one more defeat to properly get themselves organised. Hopefully the other lot will implode and rebuild in time for the next election while bringing along some useful policies they actually intend to put into place.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    $1.93 for unleaded? God I wish.

Oh, that's in liters, isn't it.
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 06-19-2008 at 08:37 PM.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

per litre yes. only america and 2 other uncivilised nations use the imperial system still

$7.30 a gallon for you yanks.
    The Datto will rage again...

honestly it is a joke, im young and its pissing me off, if he had half a brain he would cut there tax on the petrol cause we all know they have enough revenue form all the ****in speed cameras that are around anyway

I'm wondering why the land of the RWD muscle car has such expensive petrol.

Bit ironic, isn't it?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    I'm wondering why the land of the RWD muscle car has such expensive petrol.

Bit ironic, isn't it?
    The irony is were still making them with the high prices.

though not offense to holden or ford
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by hanz blix View Post
    honestly it is a joke, im young and its pissing me off, if he had half a brain he would cut there tax on the petrol cause we all know they have enough revenue form all the ****in speed cameras that are around anyway
    Consider yourself lucky, We got twice the amount of your cameras in patrol cars...

I was in Australia a few months back and didn't see a single cop, only cameras and we would've averaged about 10kmph over the speed limit.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Go live in Venezuela... petrol is cheapest in the world there apparently lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    But you have Hugo Chavez to deal with...
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

it is about time that people get used to high fuel prices...it inevitably is going to happen and it will be the only reason for developing alternative energy sources, which will become financially viable, as they do not have to compete any longer with "cheap" gas.

We are facing much higher prices than the Australians, and we had some protests from truck drivers in Europe. They are operating in a buyers market and are unable to pass on the increased fuel prices to the customers (and eventually to us, consumers). The road transport industry has developed as luxury form of mass transport, replacing cheaper modalities like trains and inland waterways, because of the higher/individual service levels it can provide. Now that their competitive edge is declining, we may have to get used to the fact that a within 24 hour delivery policy will be no longer affordable. There are many more changes ahead of us.
    Especially for those who are young this might be a big challenge, used as they were to cheap fuels and no worries.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Cheaper than in the Persian Gulf?

edit: Yes you are right, even cheaper than in the Persian Gulf- although some est. put Turkmenistan a little lower.
    Last edited by aiasib; 06-20-2008 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    Cheaper than in the Persian Gulf?

edit: Yes you are right, even cheaper than in the Persian Gulf- although some est. put Turkmenistan a little lower.
    in dollars or in Manats?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I just paid $1.76 for BP Ultimate..

Fuel watch?? I have MotorMouth it's a system similar to fuel watch and i have been using it now for 2 years.. Do i get cheap fuel?, Bet your arse i do and i always fill up with BP Ultimate.
    And right now i can get fuel 91 oct for $1.59 thanks to my fuel watch.

The only thing that will truly drop fuel prices is no tax on fuel and oil company's to lift there game.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    I just paid $1.76 for BP Ultimate..
    I wish I could get Ultimate that cheap, the 6 loves the stuff (it also loves blowing it out the pipe, but it sounds noice so I'll forgive it).

Oh, and WA has been using FuelWatch successfully for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Fuel watch?? I have MotorMouth it's a system similar to fuel watch and i have been using it now for 2 years.. Do i get cheap fuel?, Bet your arse i do and i always fill up with BP Ultimate.
    No Canberra = fail.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information