Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watchmen

Watchmen

Having seen the rash of trailers for this movie in recent months I finally decided to pick up and read the graphic novel. Great story. Looks like they'll stay pretty close to the source material with the film. Anyone else looking forward to this one?

YouTube - The Watchmen Trailer *Official* (720p High Definition)

YouTube - Watchmen (2009) Trailer 2

Watchmen Exclusive Video by Trailer Park - MySpace Video

YouTube - Watchmen Comic-Con Footage
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

hell yes

and fox are asshats
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

I got the book for xmas and I am now really looking forward to the film. The trailers look great and seem to stick to the style reasonably well.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    hell yes

and fox are asshats
    Hehe, yea I'm with you on that one. Last I heard Fox wasn't gonna hold up the release date, they were just trying to get some money out of the deal. Hopefully that's all they want. I fear what might happen if they end up with the film and try to recut it.

they changed the ending!
    not that it means much to me, since i've yet to find the book anywhere
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I read the novel and liked it. I heard in an interview, the producer said he pretty much stuck to the story line frame by fram so why would he have changed the ending?

Still, even if the new ending is shit, i can hardly wait, the special effects look incredible.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

As long as they stay true to the characters' stories. That's what interested me the most about the book. What I heard about the ending is that they did away with the whole "squid" thing. Alot of ppl are whining about it, but since the Black Freighter story isn't a part of the theatrical release, I can see them trying a different approach. If the rest of the story stays inline with the comic, I'll be happy.

Has anyone noticed that the original screenwriter was David Hayter?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the original screenwriter was David Hayter?
    Metal Gear Solid.....

Seen the first preview at the movies yesterday and liked the feel of the movie.
    Stick the creators of 300 in a movie with special effects and you should get a blow your mind look about it.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Considering Hollywood should stop making movies of comic's books, that 300 was one of the worst movie I ever saw (together with Transformer, 10.000 AC, among others), and that the movie seems to me also "already seen - move on", no thanks.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

/\/\/\ You'd fit right in on the IMB boards......"This movie sucks, that movie sucks, Hollywood sucks, all movies suck"

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Considering Hollywood should stop making movies of comic's books, that 300 was one of the worst movie I ever saw (together with Transformer, 10.000 AC, among others), and that the movie seems to me also "already seen - move on", no thanks.
    300 wasn't an Oscar winner, but it was certainly fun to watch. I do agree with you with 10,000 BC*. Transformers was okay. Not completely authentic, but still fun to watch.

Watch Batman and Dark Knight yet? You might enjoy that. It's more deep than the others.

I want to watch the Watchmen, but I haven't read the graphic novel yet. I think I should do that first.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 01-23-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    300 wasn't an Oscar winner, but it was certainly fun to watch. I do agree with you with 10,000 BC*. Transformers was okay. Not completely authentic, but still fun to watch.

Watch Batman and Dark Knight yet? You might enjoy that. It's more deep than the others.

I want to watch the Watchmen, but I haven't read the graphic novel yet. I think I should do that first.
    Both Nolan's Batman movies are excellent stuff, maybe the first was even better (it's been a while since last time I saw it though), the second was surrounded and biased by a certain unhappy happening...

my kind of "fun to watch" stuff is something like Crank, or The Transporter, Taxxi (much more than that) and so on, something completely senseless and almost splatter, meaning it's too much of everything.
    otherwise, I would pass, asking much more to a movie than having fun for 90/120 minutes. I'm kinda exigent when it comes to movies (and cars)
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Most ppl who are excited about Watchmen are those who read the graphic novel back in the 80's/90's. I, on the other hand, was intrigued into reading the novel recently by these previews. Anyone who hasn't read the novel, and is expecting another by-the-numbers comic book movie is going to be surprised (assuming Snyder sticks as close to the material as I've heard).

Most comic book movies are a little too sticky for my tastes. I never liked any of the Superman movies (new one included), I only "sorta" liked the first two Spiderman movies (hated the third one), never gave a care about the Hulk, and could only bring myself to watch the second X-men movie (first one was hokey, and the third one had a rediculous plot). I did like both of Burton's and Nolan's Batman movies, and Ironman was surprisingly good. Just hoping Watchmen doesn't disappoint.

Thread Information