Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The First EVER GT3 comp

yeah, count me in. Hopefully ill have more luck with the next car and track
    I am the Stig

glad to hear it, hopefully if the track chosen is good enough then you will do good, am trying to think of anything else that might make the car a bit better
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Talking

ok put me in too James i had enough 29.647.. i think i can go a little better.. but I m happy with this time.. oh and count me in for next week
    Attached Images Attached Images

ok done SPNOC i think that i am going to post my time now i am going to be busy revising and dont want that to get im my way

oh well i am on a 1:30.194
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

ahh well here it is, i dont think that i will beat this time for a while now.

1.25.729 is my final time

EDIT: at the moment my speed is in km/h i wos just wondering if anyone knows how to change it into mph or is it not possible.
    Last edited by challenger; 05-19-2004 at 10:58 AM.
    wat you dont understand, is that i make love to my hand....so i dont need you honey, i beat my dik liek it owes me money
    !!

Quote Originally Posted by challenger
    ahh well here it is, i dont think that i will beat this time for a while now.

1.25.729 is my final time

Challenger you gave up to soon. After I put the no. 1 turbo on I turned a 1:24.804 I am not sure of the last 4 because I'm quoting from memory.

mustang123 please dont put my time in when you see who won, I just did this for the fun of it!

I have an update for my settings if anyone is interested. Let me know and I will post them.

Quote Originally Posted by painterr
    Challenger you gave up to soon. After I put the no. 1 turbo on I turned a 1:24.804 I am not sure of the last 4 because I'm quoting from memory.

mustang123 please dont put my time in when you see who won, I just did this for the fun of it!

I have an update for my settings if anyone is interested. Let me know and I will post them.

ok if you dont want me to put you in then i wont but it feel free to post your settings

Quote Originally Posted by painterr

aahhhh well i did it to let you get a head start but next week i will show you what i am made of if you enter.

and i am using my own settings!
    wat you dont understand, is that i make love to my hand....so i dont need you honey, i beat my dik liek it owes me money
    !!

Here are my settings I changed:

SR 9.9/7.8

SB. 10/10

SR. 10/10

TA. 0/-2

LSD. 50/0 Ididnt add the 1.5 LSD I kept it stock

Here is a quick run down of my racing line: As I crossed the starting line I tried to keep to the far left of the track with out going off the track. my speed topped out at 129mph. When I came up to the left rumble strip I turned the car into the right turn and let up on the gas after I turned it I coasted into the corner but just before I got to the apex I tapped my brake to make the front of the car to turn more into the corner once it did I was in the apex and I floored it. coming out of the corner I was usually doing anywhere from 104 to 108mph. i hugged the left side of the track until I came upto the left rumble strip and then I again turned the car into the chacine all the time I had it floored. just before I intered the first curve I hit my brake and down shifted into 5th gear. I would take the chacine about 80 to 85mph. I would hit the outsides of the rumble strips. Coming out of the last right I would be hitting anywhere from 88 to just over 90mph. the next left is a real lazy turn as I was taking it I would be shifting into sixth at 100 to 101mph. Now the then next lazy right turn I hit the rumble strip to set me up for the hard 90% turn to the left. As I came off the rumble stip I was slowing up to make the turn (I was down shifting) I wouldnt down shift into second until I was almost into the apex, once I was in the apex I floored it in second and shifted real quick because I was at the end of second gear. My speed in the corner was around 50 to 55mph. once I made the corner I worked my way back to the left side of the track. I would shift into 6th just before I came up to the big sign on the left as I passed the last big sign on the left I started to make my entrance into the long sweeping right. All the time I was still in 6th. then i let up on the gas, just before coming to the inside rumble stip I down shifted to 5th. I tried to stay off the rumble strip here because it will slow you up big time. As I was making the sweep into the corner I had to feather my gas alittle (so I wouldnt swing out to far in to the corner and loose valuable time) I tried to keep my speed at 100 to 104mph in the corner. As I came up to the series of small corners I aimed for the rumble stip on the right and hit it head on. That set me up for the next left. Once I came off the strip I was cutting across to the next left. As I came off I down shifted to 5th. I aimed for the rumble strip on the left and would hit it. That set me up for next right. Once I hit it I came off it to aim for the rumble strip on the right. Also I would let up on the gas just enough to turn the nose of the car to the inside of the turn and rumble stip. As I would hit it I would already shifted into 6th. Now as the next left was coming up I would down shift into 5th. I tried to to keep as close to the rumble stip on the inside of that corner as possible because you dont need to go to deep on the out side when coming out of the corner, if you do go to deep you will have a hard time making that next right turn.(which is the second to the last before the home stretch.) I try and not go any deeper then half way. That will give you time to get back over the the left side of the track for that next right. You come to some writting on the road that is when I down shift to 4th and start to make the turn. I take the turn some where between 76 to 80mph. the rest is history!!!

That is as close to my line I can get from memory!

Since I'm gonna be working the rest of this week and there is a hockey game on tonight, I might as well post my time. I got 1'29.492. You can see in the pic that my fastest session is at the top in 7th spot, the ones below are other sessions in which I changed something or just wanted to stop playing for a bit. I guess we'll wait and see how this holds up. Also, count me in for the next competition
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

woot
    that was hard it took me a while but very wery fun
    the next car better be better looking i hate the evos over done front!
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by kko
    woot
    that was hard it took me a while but very wery fun
    the next car better be better looking i hate the evos over done front!

dont let cotterick hear you write that he lives for those cars

All enteries must be in by tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    All enteries must be in by tonight.
    ooo yea, gud job i finish work early

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterick
    ooo yea, gud job i finish work early

Surely is

[xxx]
    [><]
    [xx(]
    [+D>]

Thread Information