Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Discussions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    The GT3 RS is hardly "just" a road car though is it?

Other than spec levels, Which I would assume Rohrl will be forced to select the optional rollcage (and a few other goodies), The next step up would be the GT3 RSR? is it not?
    The next step would probably be the Cup Car or GT4/GT3 contender. Then the RSR, then the RS Spyder.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The GT3 RS is hardly "just" a road car though is it?

Other than spec levels, Which I would assume Rohrl will be forced to select the optional rollcage (and a few other goodies), The next step up would be the GT3 RSR? is it not?
    Rorhl will likely just tick the option for the clubsport pack, which is an option for all GT3's. cage, harness, bonnet latch, cut-off switch etc etc
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yeah. i'm interested in the durability side of things since the difference in speed is a foregone conclusion pretty much.
    Aston is doing it since 2 or 3 years with the V8, and last year with the Vantage V12 as well, pretty stock cars, just looking for a good testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    How will the brakes hold up over 24 hours? That's what first popped in my head when I thought of how long it would last.

What are some of the other things that would give out first in a road car during a 24 hour race?
    Brake pads will be changed, brake discs should last though. If they don't push the car at its best for the whole race, everything else could be ok, given the car we are talking about.
    Once again, last year Aston's drivers were driving the V12 so to get the same fuel consumption of the V8. It was a bit faster, but those were the right conditions for testing and setting the car for the actual future use its owners will put in place.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Aston is doing it since 2 or 3 years with the V8, and last year with the Vantage V12 as well, pretty stock cars, just looking for a good testing.

Brake pads will be changed, brake discs should last though. If they don't push the car at its best for the whole race, everything else could be ok, given the car we are talking about.
    Once again, last year Aston's drivers were driving the V12 so to get the same fuel consumption of the V8. It was a bit faster, but those were the right conditions for testing and setting the car for the actual future use its owners will put in place.
    It has carbon ceramic discs right? They'll probably last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    It has carbon ceramic discs right? They'll probably last a long time.
    Even the steel or aluminum/steel brakes should last I think.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

So I've been sitting in Philly Int'l for the past four hours, and because of my boredom I decided to peruse the newsstands. I saw the headline "Are These Cars Too Fat?" on some paper and I was quite excited that the mainstream media finally discovered what everybody but Kitdy has known for a long time. Mind you this was a very small almost tabloid-like paper and upon closer inspection "cars" in the title was "cats".

****in' lame

EDIT: Also, Photoshop because bored.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 01-24-2010 at 07:12 AM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Got back from my Drift School yesterday, Was hands down the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel of a car.

A fair few spins, but a whooooole bunch of awesomepicness..

If you ever have the opportunaty to do something simmilar, I can not reccomend it higher.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Got back from my Drift School yesterday, Was hands down the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel of a car.

A fair few spins, but a whooooole bunch of awesomepicness..

If you ever have the opportunaty to do something simmilar, I can not reccomend it higher.
    What did you drive? Australian RWD sedans or high end European cars?

Maybe late model Nissan Silvias?

How long was the drift school session and how much for it?

Cool stuff, I wouldn't mind taking a track day course or maybe a drift school thing just to know the limits of cars.

There were four cars on offer, R32 GTst, R33 GTst, S14 Silvia and a Sileighty.

I drove all four, the lesson went from 9AM till 4PM, and while it was for my 21st birthday, I know it costs 500AUD per day.

The confidence and knowledge I gained from a full days driving cars well past their intended limits is amazing. I'll chuck up some photos and links of the school to give you an idea of what we got up to.

BTW, do it, even if your not into drifting, Its alot of fun, and an enjoyable day.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Ford "Random" Taurus. XD
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

There were four cars on offer, R32 GTst, R33 GTst, S14 Silvia and a Sileighty.

I drove all four, the lesson went from 9AM till 4PM, and while it was for my 21st birthday, I know it costs 500AUD per day.

The confidence and knowledge I gained from a full days driving cars well past their intended limits is amazing. I'll chuck up some photos and links of the school to give you an idea of what we got up to.

BTW, do it, even if your not into drifting, Its alot of fun, and an enjoyable day.
    Sounds like a lot of fun indeed.

I wish we'd also have this sort of thing here.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Since then I've been scouring the internet trying to find importers of race/rally only cars, trying to find a cheap way into drifting, (with less than stellar results) - Do any aussie members know of any race/rally only importers?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

did you try my105.com?

there is an entry level hyundai excel rally championship of all things.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Since then I've been scouring the internet trying to find importers of race/rally only cars, trying to find a cheap way into drifting, (with less than stellar results) - Do any aussie members know of any race/rally only importers?
    imported imports

Prestige Motorsport - Current Stock

AWD above, or RWD below (already has suitable bodykit to impress them thar drift connoisseurs)

Prestige Motorsport - Current Stock

local imports

R33 SKYLINE GT TURBO MANUAL RB25 DRIFT - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 01-Feb-10 12:50:13 AEDST)

how about some home grown havoc

FORD CORTINA DRAG BURNOUT CAR 186 TRIMATIC STALL 10BOLT - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 31-Jan-10 11:38:44 AEDST)

^ budget-special Cortina with a Holden donk (probably short on herbs)

1976 Ford Cortina TE. Blue over Silver in color. - eBay, Restoration, Salvage, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 28-Jan-10 12:11:24 AEDST)

maybe an el-cheapo Cortina as above, with the Falcon XR6 Turbo conversion below

BA FALCON XR6 TURBO ENGINE CONVERSION 86,000KLMS - eBay V6 Engines, Engines, Components, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Jan-10 08:06:57 AEDST)

or go the turbo falcon uterus

FORD XF UTE TURBO LPG 4.1L ENGINE 11 SEC ENGINE DRAG - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 31-Jan-10 19:06:18 AEDST)

V8 Clevo uterus

xd drag ute with 383 stroker - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 04-Feb-10 16:58:35 AEDST)

something different

bmw drag drift burnout 5lt injected turbo - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 31-Jan-10 17:26:54 AEDST)

something suicidal

Datsun 1000, ca18 turbo, Project.Drag racing,Restore. - eBay, Restoration, Salvage, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 31-Jan-10 20:49:58 AEDST)

Thanks nota, That R32 is quite possibly the single most hideous bodykit I've seen. It's definately not my style - And the owner of the R33 hasn't listed any details that make me feel confident in the condition of the car, he only lists parts as aftermarket - A real worry.

Things like this is more what I'm after -

Race/Rally Cars

Or from Ichiban Imports there is a MAZDA RX-7 "R" FD3S (1992) for $9,990
    (13B Twin Turbo, 5sp, 116 kms, red, Toms coilovers, 17x7’’ front & 17x9’ rear Ame wheels, aftermarket body kit with adjustable rear wing, 3” cat-back exhaust, Momo s/wheel)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information