Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Viper drive that starts with Attempted Vehicular Manslaughter and ends with Police...

Why someone even attempted this is beyond me... Lucky he has him on video, this guy is going to get locked up, and probably checked into a psych ward
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    Wow. I'd say thats jealousy. Or a major hatred of Dodge Vipers. But its fantastic that he got caught though.
    i liked the bikes that revved up as they passed by. I want to get a dash cam now too!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Where drug dealers and asian stores are born, California
    Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    i liked the bikes that revved up as they passed by. I want to get a dash cam now too!
    I would hate that, when I'm waling home from school I always imagine someone switching down a gear in a Camaro or something then flooring it as they pass by so that I get scared and fall into a pit of mud where the sidewalk should be.
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”
    -Jeremy Clarkson

Yeah I noticed the kids across the street yelling 'FAGS!' too.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Guys ? sorry to be atryign to be the voic eof reason and seeing another side of it ... BUT ...

Looking at the position f the viper at the start, the white line seens WAY further to the right than I expected to see and is it not possible the truck was moving in to the lane to turn left at the lights ?
    Hard for me to tell as I dont' know your road makrings well enough.
    So is it possible the truck guys maybe was "right but early" or jsut made a mistake in moving in to the lane ?
    THEN, it's hard to tell from the sun reflectsion, but aren't the Viper's full lights on when he's following the truck ? Are they flashed a coule of times ?
    So, again, TRYING to be a voice of reason Is it possile the "lesson" the guy is trying to give is dont' follwo me flashing your lights ?
    I jhsut love how reversing a car in the US beomces "attempted vehicular maslaghter", liek yes he'll smash the car up but NO WAY can you kill someone in a car at those kind of speeds So right away I'm thinking it's an insane situation

Yes, the guy may have issues, but I don't think the atitude of the Viper driver was appropriate. But that's a cultural thing, IN the UK vigilantes are fronwed on. Report it and drive on. End of, present the evidnce to a police station and leave them to it. This thing go escalated to a point where the original issue ins't the poitn anyt more and the guy loses access to his kids ?
    ( and then we ahve folks posting that he pribably abuses them -- ffs )

earl;y, I'd say your mate has issues too in chasing it down like that
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-02-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The guy in the truck does almost hit him, Viper decides to follow him, then he aggressively backs up into him. Could he have killed him at those speeds in reverse, probably not, but his intentions were a good enough reason to lock him up.

Was he flashing his lights? I can't really tell, but would you smash someone's car for that?

The truck driver obviously has some issues, not the Viper's.

There are always nutheads on the road. I've been victim of one last summer. The guy and me were standing besides eachother at the traffic light. Me right, he on the left. After the lights two lanes merge into one. I pulled away swiftly but apparently the guy was in a big hurry in his Chrysler Voyager. He had to go into the right lane where I was. He more or less pushed me off the road, I used the horn. Next moment he slams his brakes (tyres squealing and all) causing me to barely miss his rear end. He accelerates again and not much later he does the same again, stops and walks out. Unfortunately I had my window open (very hot day, no airconditioning in the car..). He punched me in the face three times then grabbed my belt. He pulled it against my neck as if to strangle me. He kept it there for almost a minute. It felt like he tried to kill me and my adrenalin was rushing big time. When i was really gasping for breath he let go. He walked back and drove away luckily.
    The result ? Bloody nose, black eye and several bruises on my neck. Very painful bruises i can tell you.

But what i find the worst is that police was unwilling to take me seriously. The day was home to a major event in Rotterdam. At the fifth (!!!) police station, almost 20km away (Maassluis), they took my statement. Eventually the person was traced by his licence plate, which i wrote down, plus my account of his looks. He had to stay one night in jail and will be tried somewhere in May.

Afterwards I started thinking a bit different. If I had given the guy some space he probably would not have ignited. My driving attitude changed as well. Just avoid trouble. Don't go and correct people or try to be the person that knows best. I am the greatest driver of all times, but that is what everybody thinks he/she is. The guy in the movie should have just ignored it imo. I would probably be annoyed and continue driving..

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Was he flashing his lights? I can't really tell, but would you smash someone's car for that?
    Would entirely depend on what you thought the persons intention was in following you and flashing lights, woudl it not ?
    And why I'm playing deviles-advocate on this to explore the other side.
    The truck driver obviously has some issues, not the Viper's.
    I contend so does the Vipers .. otherwwise WHY chase the person down rather than jsut provide the video to the police ?
    yep, issues

It's probabloy an age thing. As you get older you realise ther are idiots on the road and it's impossible to know why they do stupid things and no point applyign an interpretation to them. Jsut report it and move on.

It's like motoro racing. You either think people deliberatly hook you goign in to corners and then "get them back" or you realise that in the heat of racing we all make mistakes A driver how makes a lot of mistakes will get picked up by the marshals and lose his race license. OR .. you can take it into your own hadns and amlost certainly lose yours
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-02-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I contend so does the Vipers .. otherwwise WHY chase the person down rather than jsut provide the video to the police ?
    yep, issues
    Well, the video wouldn't have proved nothing if the Viper wouldn't have chased the truck to begin with... he had no tag and you can only barely see that he was a bad a driver, it all comes clear after the chase that the guy is just nuts.

Would entirely depend on what you thought the persons intention was in following you and flashing lights, woudl it not ?
    What do you think his intentions were? Pull a 9mm and start shooting because he almost ran him over in his truck? A guy driving a Viper? Maybe a hick in an old pick up truck with a confederation flag in the back...

A few weeks ago I needed to make a right turn and no one would let me, I had to slowly and carefully (with my signals on) "throw" my car to the right. The lady who was behind me got so upset that after the turn she accelerated, drove in front of me, and hit the brakes. I ALMOST rear ended her, and my heart was pumping a million beats per second, I thought she was absolutely 100% nuts... I can't even imagine this guy driving in reverse to hit the Viper, the guy is absolutely crazy imo.

As far as chasing him, you know some shit gets your blood boiling Peter. One time a guy threw his car at me, I was like 19 years old and was taking my mom somewhere, when it happened I hit the brakes and did a u-turn to follow him, in my head I could only think about beating the shit out of him, I was furious, he endangered me and my mother. My mom saw my reaction and started crying, begging me to stop, forget about it, and drive away... which I did because she got really nervous. Sometimes other drivers can piss the hell out of you. I'm 25 right now and would still react the same way, I don't think I'm crazy, and I'm a very easy-going guy, but some stuff just gets some people going.

EDIT: I would like to add that I'm glad that he was recording it and that I'm glad that he did something about it. Waayyyy too many bad drivers on the road and no one does anything about it.
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 03-02-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Matra i'd say ur a lil drunk haha, i've drunk typed before and i knows when i sees it lol. Other than that, yeah i did think the guy in the truck was just tryin to get into the left turn lane but the whole tryin to backup into him part was uncalled for

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Matra i'd say ur a lil drunk haha, i've drunk typed before and i knows when i sees it lol. Other than that, yeah i did think the guy in the truck was just tryin to get into the left turn lane but the whole tryin to backup into him part was uncalled for
    He is scottish...

I don't think there's any way that he was just trying to get into the left turn lane, even if you can't see what happened off camera. That said following him as long as he did was pretty stupid. There's a reason the cops tell you not to chase the guy that hit you after a hit and run. I wasn't there, so I did hesitate to post in this thread, but what I would have done was get his license plate (I would be pissed, after all) and call it in. Then leave him alone. The guy just tried to ram you for no reason, you have no idea what else he'll do (trying to back into him was pretty tame compared to the reaction he might have had.)

Also, I saw an incident where a guy in a pickup during a police chase backed into the cop car behind him going about that speed. He went up over the hood and the rear bumper went through the windshield and stopped inches from killing the trooper inside. This was at least one count of attempted vehicular manslaughter, regardless of the actions of the viper driver. The guy in the truck has issues, since nothing done by that viper warranted that reaction.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

If I had a $90k sports car and some guy did something like that to me, even if it was incidental, I would still follow him and get his license number to give to the police. No way I could avoid the guy swerving at me and memorize his license number at the same time. i'd have to follow him in order to report it.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    And that fantastic Viper soundtrack. (engine.)
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    If I had a $90k sports car and some guy did something like that to me, even if it was incidental, I would still follow him and get his license number to give to the police. No way I could avoid the guy swerving at me and memorize his license number at the same time. i'd have to follow him in order to report it.
    And in this case he couldn't get the number without following him even with the camera, but how far would you follow him? Just long enough to get the number, or would you continue after you got it?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

erm. 40 seconds in to vid and so far all he'd done was turn round and come up behind the truck. At that point he had the license and with a little thought would have called it time and called in the police report and offer the video evidence.
    The rest are HIS ISSUES.
    Hey, guys, been there .... In Glasgow I've even jumped out a car, pulled a guy through the window and threatened more bodily violence towards him for pissing me off in the Matra. I was 19 and not proud of it and AFTERWARD definitely sought help to get rid of that kind of anger. Not only could next time it be worse for the other guy if not able to control it but potentially worse for me if the guy had a weapon.
    ( And when you consider the gun laws in the US then I contend EVEN MORE you guys should learn anger management and "appropriate response" stuff )
    Even bothering to spin round I'd probably not now for an idiot trying macho stuff.
    Karma ... shit will come there way without needing it to be guided
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-04-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Thread Information